It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am in An Abusive Relationship with Another Male

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I am here to admit that I am in an abusive relationship with another male and have been for some time. My friend Hobbs abuses me. He has pummeled me, bitten , and even scratched me, drawing blood. He is very demanding and insistent when he wants attention but other times remains aloof and detached. I end up doing almost all the talking and when he does speak it is usually monosyllabic. He is heavy into drugs and often acts very infantile or aggressive. He wants to move in with me but I keep telling him I can’t let that happen because of my lease.

I believe the stress is getting to me and I find myself experiencing severe allergic reactions. I constantly worry about catching a a disease from his abuse. I live next door to Hobbs and he watches everything I do. As soon as he sees me outdoors he comes running and demanding to have his way. I guess at some point I will just have to man up and say enough is enough, but he is a good friend, except when he is on drugs. Damn the catnip!

Written while listening to "Cat Scratch Fever."

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

Would a true friend treat you this way?

This guy sounds a bit selfish, and that is no basis for a good friendship

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
So Hobbs is a cat?

Weird

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

six67seven
So Hobbs is a cat?

Weird

I think so.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Hobbs is a cat who thinks he is human and as of yet I can still tell the difference. I put it in this forum because if I had placed it in the jokes forum people would have immediately caught on. He really does get pretty loaded on the catnip!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Ah...ha.

Ok so Im a moron...

Shows what assuming will get you...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Don't feel bad I got several of my friends with it.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

"Catnip is a hell of a drug!" -- Cat James

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle[/iNever mind.... your friend is a cat
edit on 2-10-2013 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

six67seven
So Hobbs is a cat?

Weird

Very good. Star for you! Ha Ha

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Does he like Tuna?

Mmmmmm!

Are you male too? Mark your territory! Duh!
edit on 2-10-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

edit on 2-10-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
OP, I know you are joking about a little hear but your post is kinda sick.

Now i might just be saying that because the other week I spent the best part of a hour trying to convince a young girl that she had to go to the police about her abusive boyfriend whist i sorted out a plaster cast for her second broken arm so excuse me if I dont find making light of domestic abuse a laughing matter.

And domestic abuse between friends and homosexual couples is not unusual either so please do not think that is a excuse either for your flippant comments, because that was how i was reading your thread until I got to the very last line.

At which point I was flaring with anger once i got your "joke"

I know you did not mean to offend but please in future remember that what to you might seem like a joking matter, to others is a hell that they live with every day.

Not Funny
edit on 2-10-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I agree. I had to edit my post.
It's a joke alright, a very stupid one. Funny though, but not very funny to make a joke about abuse.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
To anyone I may have offended please accept my most sincere apology! Abuse is never OK and I of anyone should have known better. I spent many years working as a social worker, working with people struggling with the emotional and physical damage from abuse.

This poor piece of writing precipitated from an encounter with Hobbs digging his claws into my chest as I cradled him with much love and tenderness. I know that doesn't excuse my lack of judgement. To anyone struggling with an abusive person in their life I encourage you to seek help. Experience has shown that without intervention the abuse will most likely increase over time.

Once again I apologize and would have no problem with the mods removing it.

Sincerely,
grayeagle

new topics

top topics

join