It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The author Tom Clancy has died at age 66.. RIP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
search.yahoo.com

As of yet no cause of death has been reported.

Bestselling author Tom Clancy, known for his espionage and military science thrillers, died Tuesday in Baltimore, his publisher confirms to CBSNews.com. He was 66.

"The Hunt for Red October" was a book in 1984 about the defection of a Russian submarine crew that put Clancy on the map. I have read a couple of his books which seemed well researched and well written.

Clancy's other works include "The Sum of All Fears," "Without Remorse," "Debt of Honor," "Executive Orders" and "Rainbow Six." He was readying his 17th novel, "Command Authority," for a Dec. 3 release on G.P. Putnam's Sons.

edit on Wed Oct 2 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed link

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Clancy was, without a doubt, my favorite author and I am deeply saddened by his passing. His knowledge of military capabilities, both foreign and domestic, was so vast that he was often consulted by our own military chiefs.

May he rest in peace.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

May your soul path lead to The Living Truth Tom Clancy.

Travel well.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
(deep sigh)

Godspeed Mr. Clancy. I think it's safe and without controversy to say, he brought entertainment and, in some books, enlightenment to generations with his work. I absolutely benefited by what he invested his time and effort to produce.

I only hope he lived as full a life as he wanted, and not a day beyond what he didn't. The best any of us can ever hope as how things stand at the end, isn't it?

R.I.P Tom Clancy. Your work and wit will be sorely missed by all who were touched by it.

(Nod of genuine respect)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Killed for the truth he revealed researching his newest book....
I hope it turns out that way anyway.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I heard the news this morning while driving around, I read many of his books, he truly was gifted.

The thing is that he was not that old, I have not found the reason for his death, or perhaps I missed the article.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Oh I am so sorry to hear this. What wonderful books he wrote. My heart goes out to his family and friends. R.I.P. warrior.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
R.I.P.

The control of information is something the elite always does, particularly in a despotic form of government. Information, knowledge, is power. If you can control information, you can control people. --Tom Clancy

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Another brilliant mind lost today. RIP Tom, your books kept me up many a night and resulted in a few "sick" days over the years.....

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Didn't he has hell of a gaming list named after him?

I didn't know he was an author but since i been on the game scene for a long while,, i remember seeing the games..

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Tom Clancy's Ghost recon...
and like 20-30 titles.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

luciddream

I didn't know he was an author but since i been on the game scene for a long while,, i remember seeing the games..

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
and like 20-30 titles.

Yes he had games named after him, my brother owns some of them.

Tom Clancys Rainbow six was military game if I remember correctly.

RIP Tom Clancy.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Goodbye Mr. Clancy

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
WHAT!!!!

I am a massive fan of his this is gutting

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Very sad to hear about this. I read a few of his books and really enjoyed them. It wasn't high literature but he did know the military and how it functioned better than most people who's job it is to cover it. RIP Tom Clancy you will be missed.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Going to miss him and his work. I remember reading "Red Storm Rising" in 2 days.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
R.I.P Tom Clancy.
I Truly enjoyed his several books and of course the Splinter cell, Ghost Recon series.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
you know i really am gutted

I was always really fantasizing about a new Rainbow Six novel

one of my favorite books of all time.

this is so sad.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

luciddream

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
and like 20-30 titles.

Yes even EndWar, although hasn't written a book on about it if i recall. The games should continue.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Right now i am playing Splinter cell, the games with his name on them are my favorites, ghost recon future solider was really really good.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
RIP Mr. Clancy. You will be greatly missed. I will never forget reading Red Storm Rising while serving in the Federal Republic of Germany at the end of the cold war.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join