It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Clancy Dies Aged 66

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Sad news has been announced that author Tom Clancy has died aged just 66 in a hospital in Baltimore.

Born in Baltimore, Maryland, Tom Clancy studied literature at the Loyola College in Baltimore and was originally an insurance salesman before becoming famous for writing technically detailed espionage and military science books.
He is responsible for best-selling books such as "The Hunt for Red October," "Patriot Games," "Clear and Present Danger," and "The Sum of All Fears" — all of which were adapted into major Hollywood films.
In 1996, Clancy co-founded the video game developer Red Storm Entertainment and has had his name on several of Red Storm's most successful games.
www.businessinsider.com...

R.I.P Mr Clancy your work will live on .

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."

-Tom Clancy R.I.P.
edit on 2-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I have read all his fiction works and have enjoyed his detail and realistic scenarios.

He will be missed....

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Goodbye Mr. Clancy

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
He was my favourite author, a master at character introduction and his attention to detail was immense.
My personal favourite novels are Without Remorse, Red Storm Rising, and The Bear and the Dragon. I cannot recommend them enough.

Mr Clancy, you will be sadly missed.

Respect.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Probably a heart attack or stroke. He smoked like a fiend.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
He wrote some pretty good books in is time, my foundest memory of him was right agter 9/11 he was behing interviewed by cnn, the reporter was asking him some dumb questions, and he just gave it to the reporter.

Rest in peace

top topics

join