It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese junk? Latest fighter plane from People's Army ticketed for export

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
God I love the arrogance on here some days.

China has a completely different military philosophy than anyone else does. They've also designed and built some damn nice weapons systems, a few of them almost exclusively for export. They operate some in small numbers, but they were marketed for foreign sales.

China had become the fifth largest weapons exporter in the world as of March of this year. So just maybe, it wasn't meant for Chinese service, but the export market.

The J-31 was designed as a competitor to the F-35, and was built for export.

thediplomat.com...
edit on 10/2/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

pheonix358
The hype could also be the US trying to minimize sales because they don't want China or her customers to have it. Stealth is stealth after all is said and done. If you don't see thrust vectoring it is because the Chinese do no want you to see said ability.

Like most nations, first rate fighters are not sold to other countries.

P

You're kidding right or uninformed?
Check Google. The F-22 is being considered for export. Actually, it will be about the only thing that will keep it afloat. (Pun intended)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

No, its not. The F-22 line has been closed for almost a year and a half now. It will not be exported.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

cavtrooper7
I wonder why no A-10s?
They are a NASTY plane,we had 2 kill a tank company the night before we took 2200 POWs.

The Chinese use the Nanchang Q-5 for ground attack and close air support. It's not as heavily armed as an A-10 but it gets the job done.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

pheonix358
The hype could also be the US trying to minimize sales because they don't want China or her customers to have it. Stealth is stealth after all is said and done. If you don't see thrust vectoring it is because the Chinese do no want you to see said ability.

Huh?
Look up what 3D Thrust Vectoring is..how it works..then rethink your comment that if the Chinese don't want us to see it on their planes, then we wont..

Like most nations, first rate fighters are not sold to other countries.

P

A number of European countries banded together to develop the Eurofighter. That is THEIR front line, first rate fighter.
They offered to a number of countries. Greece, Turkey, and I think even Saudi Arabia among others.

France developed the Rafale, which is it's front line, first rate fighter. It has offered it to a number of countries. And it features several "stealth" features. They even offered Greece a full production line, in Greece, if they chose it as their next fighter several years ago.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
To those knocking the Chinese aircraft and extolling the virtues of the F-35, remember that aircraft is not yet in service and is itself a piece of junk.

I mean, seriously, look at all the tweaks, repairs and operational limits imposed so far on this expensive PoS.
Another thing to consider, when talking about US aircraft superiority over anything else, is when did the US last go toe to toe against anyone with an airforce, one that could even launch anything under 40 years old?
Until such time that the US airforce actually goes up against a similarly equipped opponent, it's a bit shortsighted to wave the flags and boast of superiority all the time.
edit on 6-10-2013 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Britguy
To those knocking the Chinese aircraft and extolling the virtues of the F-35, remember that aircraft is not yet in service and is itself a piece of junk.

I mean, seriously, look at all the tweaks, repairs and operational limits imposed so far on this expensive PoS.
Another thing to consider, when talking about US aircraft superiority over anything else, is when did the US last go toe to toe against anyone with an airforce, one that could even launch anything under 40 years old?
Until such time that the US airforce actually goes up against a similarly equipped opponent, it's a bit shortsighted to wave the flags and boast of superiority all the time.

The F-35 isn't junk, thats a little harsh. What it is however is horrific value for money.

The problem with it is that what was supposed to be a cheap 'strike fighter' has turned into a multi decade development thats so expensive it practically eats up the combat aircraft budget of everybody on the hook to buy it. While offering performance only slightly less than was in the original spec.

It is not, was not designed to be, and never will be an air superiority aircraft. I think the USA will regret closing the F-22 line at some point. I think they will also regret not making an export version available to their allies.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Aliensun

No, its not. The F-22 line has been closed for almost a year and a half now. It will not be exported.

Unless that supposed 6th gen goes into production and they start selling the F-22's in inventory to Japan and Israel....

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Britguy

The US didn't, but Iran did. The Tomcat and their pilots waxed the flower of the USSR's and France's aerial design bureaus.
edit on 10-10-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

If they couldn't export it before, I don't see then allowing it now.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I have a problem with your source.

Stephen Biddle, Senior Defense Policy Fellow, Council for Foreign Relations

The source is the Council for Foreign Relations. Its not surprising that authors from the Council for Foreign Relations would call their rivals, foes air foes and their fighters as junk while not looking at their own problems domestically and vice verse.

edit on 23-10-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join