It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Animal That Touches This Lethal Lake Turns to Stone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Volund

what about this one
img.gawkerassets.com...

How did this get there without anyone touching the water

and as someone said in the site linked flamingos feed there and fish live in the said lake

edit on 2/10/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Yeah, the title of the article is very misleading.
Any dead animal that touches the lake turns to stone would be better.

But the pictures are very cool, and it is neat to learn about this lake.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Volund

do you have a link to where you got your stone bird picture from?

Looks like the bird never touched the lake just landed on the branch. I think there is more to this picture than meets the eye.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I was wondering as well how there are images of them not touching the water.

I believe the photographer took artistic liberties and may have placed them for his liking.

It's cool, I still dig the images.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Volund

This is very interesting reads! Thanks, S & F

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Volund

This is just incredible! S&F, OP! This kind of weird but awesome discovery is why I keep visiting ATS.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Amazing!.. I can see many posters just replied and didn't bother reading the ops post.. Yes the photographer did pick these poor dead creatures up and placed them in the poses that you see..

Now if we could just get Bigfoot to come take a bath..

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Spooky and strange. STars and Flags.
Interesting as well.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Volund

Indeed very intriguing..... I have a question though relating to the quoted text which says the animals were "petrified" Now I am not an expert by any measure, but can something which has been truly petrified be manipulated? In other words, it becomes petrified in the position it died in, and ended up looking all photogenic sitting on a branch. Can the limbs be moved to get the petrified creature to pose like that? Or, and it wouldn't be the first time, am I being a bit thick?
Great find though, and I am not knocking your info in any way.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

spirit_horse
Very cool. Makes the story in the Bible about Lot's wife being turned into a pillar of salt more plausible or interesting at least. I believe Sodom and Gomorah were towns along or near the Dead Sea, which is another body of water with high salinity and soda concentrations. Perhaps whatever weapon or power that was used to destroy those towns was capable of causing the same effect, only speeding up the process. Still leaves a lot to be explained, because it happened only when looked at.

But, these pics of posed dead creatures are strange to look at indeed. Thanks for bringing that to us OP.

Actually..... A nuclear blast can also(turn someone to salt) sometimes instant calcification can occur giving the appearance of salt. That lakes animals might have a immunity to that lakes effects because they have been drinking it and swimming there the entire time over the past. It seems to cause rapid drying out of the bodies maing them expel salts and encrusting them in it finally killing the organism.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

HooHaa
Yes the photographer did pick these poor dead creatures up and placed them in the poses that you see..

Indeed good sir!

This is me:

*drinks more coffee*

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by freakshowfatty

Wickedly kewl, very nice share. So surely some poor human took cement bath, any record of it...

The Bot

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This is a totally dishonest series of photos put together by a photographer for his book. They appear to depict dead birds turned into statues on branches of trees. In reality, he found their carcases lying about on the shore of a lake contaminated with sodium carbonate from volcanic ash. They had become preserved in the dry atmosphere after being poisoned. Then he stuck them into branches of dead trees to make them look like statues before photographing them in posed positions. This may be artistic, but it sure ain't honest photographic journalism!

Don't be deceived by the phony title of this story. It grabs attention, which the photographer no doubt wanted for his photos, but It's inaccurate.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Heck, I worked in Tanzania for 6 months quite sometime ago,
but this lake is news to me

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Volund

this reminded me of the cartoon's "gargoyles". i use to love them when i was a kid.

cool find by the way. my gf and i loved it. one of the pictures now is our background

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Definitely very interesting to look at. I don't think they're creepy at all. What does creep me out is that the photographer takes the animals and manipulates them into these poses. Other than that, I think they'd do good in a Tim Burton movie!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Very interesting read and quite disturbing! Cool pics too.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Unfortuantely, I don't have time to search for it at the moment; but there was a recent thread about megalithic site construction that postulated that the stones were "melted", fitted into place, and re-solidified.

Someone had found a chemical that could melt stone to a plastic state, but he couldn't re-solidify it. Maybe this lake holds the key to the chemical compound to re-solidify the stone.

Sorry to have to throw that out there without doing the research, limited time. I'll dig it up later if no one else does.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Volund

Hope you don't mind

I nabbed some pics for the guys in avatar creations to mess with if they want to

You can see them here www.abovetopsecret.com

Cody

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Wonder where Lot's Wife is?

Unbelievably Bizarre...

My quota for daily WTF! on ATS is met today! Thank you S & F

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join