It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you get Obamacare, YES or NO?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Do you realize that there are cancer drugs that cost 10-20 thousand dollars per single dose? If so you will realize that your argument is nonsense.

Another_Nut
reply to post by AlienScience

Wrong again.

I an the one making a real difference . You are just perpetuating a dying system in order to feel safe for a few more years.

But they will get you anyways. Especially if they are allowed to pick us off one by one. When people like you become so afraid of losing their (insert whatever you fear)

So if the government say do "x" or lose your "x" you do it because u fear...what? The irs? Jail?

Let me tell you something sir . This country is out of control.

This woRld is out of control.

You have reason to fear. They have made you fear .

But let me tell you some about fear taught to me by Frank hibbert

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. [

That is the truth and i won't fear for doing the right thing any longer.

Want to makedifference ? Find ten likeminded people . Take your thousand dollar insurance payments. Put them together and more a doctor for that 10k a month to be your personal doctor for those ten families.

But you can be the good government sheep if you wish. And let the future generations pay for your fear

I won't

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

No, and wont be fined, I fit into one of the hardship clauses

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

DontTreadOnMe

Are you sure you, too, won't get thrown under the bus like so many others?
All the retirees, former full time workers....and all the others who were told "you can keep the coverage you have"

I have already confirmed with my health insurance provider that I can keep my insurance...it was grandfathered into the ACA.

I still might change it if I can find a better deal, but I haven't looked into it yet.

Things change in life, most of the time you have no control over that change, the only option is to adapt and roll with it. So if for some reason this law or any law would adversely affect me...I would deal with it and move on.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Another_Nut

Wrong again.

I an the one making a real difference . You are just perpetuating a dying system in order to feel safe for a few more years.

But they will get you anyways. Especially if they are allowed to pick us off one by one. When people like you become so afraid of losing their (insert whatever you fear)

So if the government say do "x" or lose your "x" you do it because u fear...what? The irs? Jail?

It's not fear, it's logic.

You see, I already have insurance...have had it since...well...forever. My father was responsible and made sure I was always covered and when I got a job I made that a priority for my family as well.

So I'm just continuing my normal life...not out of fear...but out of the same logic I have always applied to it.

Now you on the other hand...you sound very fearful.

Want to makedifference ? Find ten likeminded people . Take your thousand dollar insurance payments. Put them together and more a doctor for that 10k a month to be your personal doctor for those ten families.

But you can be the good government sheep if you wish. And let the future generations pay for your fear

I pity you if you think this is a good idea or if you are actually going to try it.

Any doctor that will take 120k a year is a really crappy doctor. Plus you have no access to the latest healthcare technology, procedures, and medicine.

This is such a naïve idea...please don't harm your family out of naïve stubbornness.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Arent we all?

Virtually all of government "services" are based on feeling sorry for the poor decisions of others.

Bad decisions aside there is a huge hole where people are above the poverty line cut off to receive subsidies but not earning enough to pay that 10K + annual bill and still make rent and put food on the table.

So I have to choose between keeping a roof over my kids head or health insurance and I dont qualify for any subsidies and when the fines start rolling in you say to me "piss off!" ?

Where's your heart? That's what this ACA is supposedly all about, right?

Again...with that situation you described...that family is mis-managing their money and not making smart decisions.

I have empathy for people who are down on their luck or are trying as hard as they can, making smart decisions, and still not being able to afford things (those people will get subsidies). If you are above the HUGE cut off limit for subsidies and you can't afford insurance, you are making stupid choices with your money and I have no empathy for you.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Sportbominable

Ummm, there is no cure for Type 1 Diabetes.

That is a well spread lie. There are several people who have cured both types of diabetes. Max Gerson for example. Do a google search.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by notyourcoworker

The point is done be a sheep.

Don't just think outside the box..

Tear it up! See next post lol

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Blah blah blah says the sheep.

No fear here. Just anger. In mad

You should be too.

You cower in fear.

Keep your toaster and all those things that allow you to roll with it.

I will stand up

Dunno how to embed but u need this

The network -mad as well speech.

If u need ill hop on a cpu and link the things he talks about to current events

But if u need me to do that u already have your head in the sand and it isn't coming out

m.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Yes, mindless goons who work for the government will make mindless arguments about being sheep. We've seen that before.

Another_Nut

Blah blah blah says the sheep.

No fear here. Just anger. In mad

You should be too.

You cower in fear.

Keep your toaster and all those things that allow you to roll with it.

I will stand up

Dunno how to embed but u need this

The network -mad as well speech.

If u need ill hop on a cpu and link the things he talks about to current events

But if u need me to do that u already have your head in the sand and it isn't coming out

m.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

AlienScience
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Arent we all?

Virtually all of government "services" are based on feeling sorry for the poor decisions of others.

Bad decisions aside there is a huge hole where people are above the poverty line cut off to receive subsidies but not earning enough to pay that 10K + annual bill and still make rent and put food on the table.

So I have to choose between keeping a roof over my kids head or health insurance and I dont qualify for any subsidies and when the fines start rolling in you say to me "piss off!" ?

Where's your heart? That's what this ACA is supposedly all about, right?

Again...with that situation you described...that family is mis-managing their m inoney and not making smart decisions.

I have empathy for people who are down on their luck or are trying as hard as they can, making smart decisions, and still not being able to afford things (those people will get subsidies). If you are above the HUGE cut off limit for subsidies and you can't afford insurance, you are making stupid choices with your money and I have no empathy for you.

Wow and I'm angry? How to you show your empathy? By writing a bigger check to the government for failing social programs?

Or do you get to know the local homeless? And help one on one?

Your logic fails me

" i will roll with the punches" sounds like someone who has given up.

I am mad

Eta why does making 100k a year as a doctor make you a crappy doctor?

I personally think the doctor making nothing is the best

Because he does it because its his calling to help people. Not the money. Your doctor may differ
You tie money to worth.

Yours first mistake in showing your true colors
edit on 3-10-2013 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2013 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

ownbestenemy
reply to post by kaylaluv

I could find cause in dropping a "child" to be more cause than not paying for tuition. Tuition, or rather, "Higher Education" hasn't been deemed a necessity yet and we are not forced to pay a tax and/or fine to supply it. Healthcare Insurance has been. By neglecting that "child" and forcing them to purchase or face a fine, when they are eligible to be on their parent's insurance is not that hard to prove cause there. People have sued for far less and won.

Well, all I can say to that is if you have a child who is hateful and horrible enough to sue you for money, the ACA is the least of your problems.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

kaylaluv
Well, all I can say to that is if you have a child who is hateful and horrible enough to sue you for money, the ACA is the least of your problems.

It isn't that; it is how my mind works. Blessing and a curse. I was playing devil's advocate and playing out the scenario. To me, from cases I have seen with spiteful "children", it is plausible that someone, somewhere, will sue mommy and daddy because they were cut off and now have to be an "adult".

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Hey folks, first post; but i have a burning question that i, as a european can't seem te get rid of (forgive any spelling errors, English isn't my native language)

I'm from the Netherlands where we have a health-care system; everyone needs to be ensured.
Our monthly costs are around 110 euro's average, that's about 150 usd a month.

Now, what i don't get is, why are americans so dead set against a health insurance for everyone?

please don't flame me for asking, i just don't understand it and i'm looking at this from the outside (as a foreigner) and i'm looking as a person who has had "forced" health insurance for his entire life (and used the benefits of it too).

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

NthOther
The aristocracy is exempt. Naturally.

King Louis XVI thought the same thing.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tmaniac

Everybody should have thr right to be a dumbass. Obviously insurance is prudent and only a dumbass wouldnt get coverage.

The trouble with America is there are no consequences for being a dumbass. At great expense to everyone else the gov will bail you out thereby rewarding dumbassery.

Folks like AS up there talk the talk but very few people will actually follow through with letting you lay in your own bed. They blows tons of resources making up for your mistakes then resent you for what they did to help you.

You cant legislate against stupidity and every attempt to do so chips away at liberty for all. Even dunbasses.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

tmaniac
Hey folks, first post; but i have a burning question that i, as a european can't seem te get rid of (forgive any spelling errors, English isn't my native language)

I'm from the Netherlands where we have a health-care system; everyone needs to be ensured.
Our monthly costs are around 110 euro's average, that's about 150 usd a month.

Now, what i don't get is, why are americans so dead set against a health insurance for everyone?

please don't flame me for asking, i just don't understand it and i'm looking at this from the outside (as a foreigner) and i'm looking as a person who has had "forced" health insurance for his entire life (and used the benefits of it too).

I don't have a problem with free health care.

But that's not what we are getting in the u.s.

We are getting a life tax.

Personally i thing the fed government should be concerned with only a few thing

Life ( keeping the citizenry alive and healthy as long as possible)
Liberty (keeping the citizenry free from the oppression by others including itself)
Pursuit of happiness ( educating a person in their field of calling ,which i believe everyone has)

That's it.

I also believe that those things should be provided to all citizens without cost.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tmaniac

Hi, and welcome.

If all it included was $150.00 premium, I would applaud it.
But, the premiums are far, far higher...even if the government is paying a subsidy...where are THEY getting the money

And, we're also being saddled with thousands of dollar of deductibles that must be paid before we get any care paid on this policy.....

It's NOT health care.....it's health INSURANCE.

This government plan does not address the two big concerns faced in this country regarding health care:
skyrocketing payouts for lawsuits.
skyrocketing costs for procedures, drugs, hospital stays, operations, doctor visits, etc etc etc
edit on Fri Oct 4 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: clarity

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tmaniac

Basically because I should not be footing the bill for others.

There is no reason for the US Govt to be this involved with the lives of the citizens.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I already have health insurance, so no need for me to do anything different.

However, my mother in law, who hates Obama and Obamacare, is going through chemotherapy for breast cancer. She was recently laid off from her job and lost her insurance. Now she has signed up with Obamacare and suddenly she is singing a different tune when it comes to Obamacare; suddenly it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Funny how one's perspective can completely change based upon their current circumstances.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
WOW what a freaken mess ,

Take it from a Canadian who has 3 herniated discs , you do not want government run health care , not to say the private healt system is any better but god damn I had to wait 8 months for a MRI , 18 months for my surgery , Im now 33 and havent worked a day since may 2007 because of our medical system wich is a total abomination . by the time i had my surgery , severe scar tissue had formed and my neuro-surgeon couldnt even see what the hell he was doing .

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join