It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will you get Obamacare, YES or NO?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I searched the forums and could not find a thread about this. If so, ADMIN please delete and I apologize.

Obamacare / Affordable Care Act is now open to the public. I wanted to start this thread to see who all will be obtaining Health insurance through Obamacare / Affordable Care Act and who will not. Yes or no? Please explain your reason. If you think the question is to personal please do not respond.

I am unsure at this time if I will be receiving health benefits through Obamacare. I myself do not have health insurance due to a preexisting condition. I have a herniated disc in my back and multiple pinched nerves which has caused me not to be able to obtain health insurance in the past. So since preexisting conditions no longer is an issue I will be obtaining health insurance in the near future. However I am still unsure what I will do. I will have to admit I am quite ignorant in this subject and I have been weighting my options.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

NOPE, but thanks for asking.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Don't forget, you can get your Obamacare here.

I'm not eligible so I won't be allowed to sign up.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

I have insurance through work, so I guess not. Will be interesting to see how long I have my insurance though. Crappy as it may be. 5000 dollar deductible family, 2500 per person I think it is. I don't have 2500 dollars so, no "health care" for me either way. Lol.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Double posting again, sorry.

edit on 10 1 2013 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

Hahaha no thank u they have screwed me and my family.out of enouph plus we r indian we can't even go to our national. park they shut it down the jerks

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

Um, no.

I will not get it on a bus,
I will not get it in a fuss,
I will not get it, Sam I am,
I will not get the Obama plan.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
My friends mom looked at what it would cost her and because she smokes she has to pay $19,000.00......wow!

Why not just be forced to pocket 19,000.00 a year and for every 5 years if you have any major medical you can deduct the money to buy yourself a Lamborghini. Like what the #?

12,000.00 if she didn't smoke. So what part of this is the affordable part?

Oh.....I get it........Like Hope and Change. Everyone's a comedian, apparently presidents too. Wow, is this not exactly what my grams used to say to me?

Don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining.

edit on 1-10-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I will be 60 on the 16th of this month. I have been out of work for 3 years. Just moved into public housing today. I am poor as a church mouse. Thank heaven I am healthy. No, I will not, I cannot afford it, and if they try to fine me, well I may end up in some Fema camp somewhere... but they can kiss my arse.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

If I am eligible, and if i can get the same or similar benefits and coverage cheaper than the private plan i currently have (which keeps freakin' going up every year), then yes I will undoubtedly get it.

And then if republicans get rid of that I will be pissed.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I just calculated my Obamacare yearly premium costs.

If my company drops me, I can expect to pay 12,831 dollars a year in Obamacare Insurance.

I went to Healthcare dot gov for the calculations.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
No i will not. I have no plans to participate in anymore government bs. And i am waiting for the people to start fighting back

Haven't paid taxes in years
Always trying to beat the system
Bring it down
Or i will have to

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Apparently not...my meager pay doesn't qualify me for any of the exchanges. No worries though, I would rather have what I have now than worry about the $5000 deductible on office visits the site is showing me.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Can you imagine, now the government will have access to MORE of our personal, intimate information.

HELL to the NO.

I'm going to claim a religious exemption. Guess I'll have to join something first.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

beezzer
I just calculated my Obamacare yearly premium costs.

If my company drops me, I can expect to pay 12,831 dollars a year in Obamacare Insurance.

I went to Healthcare dot gov for the calculations.

That is more than I was paying for no deductible and a $20 co-pay... What a rip!

Maybe if we are lucky the whole thing will terminate itself! Just another fubar feel good government program that sounds good until the details are exposed. If they do not get young people to sign up it will be another major losing program; to be honest with all the young unemployed or under employed it will be interesting how it shakes out.... No doubt we will be hearing about it for years to come.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

You can still shop for healthcare through your State's exchange. You may find better coverage, I don't know. You just don't qualify for any subsidies.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Its far more cheaper for me to pay out of pocket for the rare occasions I need to go and pay the fine then the costs of the healthcare.

So no, I won't be getting it. If I get sick with a disease I will sign up for it then.

Why spend the money now if I don't have to?

edit on 1-10-2013 by Tinkerpeach because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

If that is the case you will qualify for medicaid. Just go to your exchange and apply and see if it works out for you.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I heard someone on the radio joking about people that don't want healthcare. They are assuming it's cheap and afforable. Well, it looks like the truth is coming out now.
Even obismalcare supporters will be asking for it's termination by the end of the month. #EPICFAIL

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
No Obamacareless for me. My current health plan does not require me to stand in line with the sheep to see a government doctor. Even if I had no insurance I would say HELL NO, go ahead and take me to jail. I'm not going to be part of something I didn't agree to.

edit on 1-10-2013 by Sanity Lost because: Because editing is so fun.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join