It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative breaking bad endings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
With what in my opinion is the best television series of all time wrapping up i really needed a place to talk about it and share a idea. First off let me say i loved the ending. Most series that get alot of acclaim try and trow some crazy new twist in the last couple episodes. Instead of tying up the plot twists they have already built up! The writers systematically concluded every point a viewer could want answered. If there was a complaint it could only be the predictability of it all. However, the scenes were soooo well done that it just really didn't need some shocking new reveal to complete what i think is a master piece.

That said my alternate Breaking bad ending would only change that Walt dies at the end. Instead of having him die in the meth lab, I would have him me arrested. Then the final scene would be him entering his prison cell blankets in hand. On the bottom bunk sits a hard-core tatted up, institutionalized 800lb gorilla. The gorilla looks up at his new cell mate and calmly turns around and starts transferring all his personal effects to the top bunk.

Camera zoom to Walt sitting on bottom bunk with the Hisenburg stare into the camera. Fade Out!

What do ya'll think and what would your ending be?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I thought the ending was pretty perfect. Walt does everything he wanted to do more or less, his kids get the money and jessie is free. The part when walt and skyler talk was a great moment, a last goodbye very touching in a breaking bad way.

I plan on watching the last two episodes again tonight. Greatest show that was ever on TV? Hell yes!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
My favorite alternate ending I heard of is this...
He goes into witness protection and changes his name to Hal. Then it becomes the prequel to Malcolm in the Middle

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Walter goes into the witness protection program. He's given the name "Hal" and put together with a wife and three kids that ratted out the mob in Jersey. Their exploits are chronicled in a new series, "Malcolm in the Middle."

Not my idea, but I thought it was pretty funny.

Too late

edit on 1-10-2013 by VictorVonDoom because: SeeEm beat me to it.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Sorry about that. But your post is more detailed, I like it better.
Everyone read VictorVonDooms post and ignore mine.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by artemisminion

There wouldn't be any closure if Walt went to jail. I think the ending was justified.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent008

Then here's a tribute already done with the most fitting song to boot.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I thought that the ending felt rushed.

At 15 min left in the episode I was wondering, "when are people going to start dying?"

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

May be spoilers below.

I do think Breaking Bad tied The Sopranos as the best show in history imo. Definitely better ending. They may have set a precedent for demandibg real conclusion to future shows. Compare that brilliant beautiful Breaking Baf final season and finale with the garbage of dexters final season and episode.

The only thing I could have wished for would be that AMC gave Gilligan the 20 plus episodes he wanted for Breaking Bads final season. I don't see why AMC would argue for a 16 episode final when they know its their biggest hit. I wish they had gone more into Grey Matter and his relationship with Gretchen. There were a few things, but it isn't that important because we got a beauty of an ending. I had predicted most of it around thw third episode (but I was up in the air on the ricin- I figured Lydia because she almost got it once, but considered Maria because she told the therapist she had been looking up poisons. So I though her and it considered suicide), but I have no problems and loved it.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

All the episodes felr like that it was because they had to cut it from like 24 episodes to 16, but even more than that becausebit was enthralling. I would turn an episode on, check and it would be nearly over and seemes like only 5 minutes had passed.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I kept thinking they would do something with that storyline about Walt leaving behind that book, the one Hank found. At the time I watched it, I thought Walt had planted it there for Hank to find , even though he had told Skylar otherwise, that he had just “messed up”. I thought Walt wanted Hank to know he was Heisenberg because of his pride, and because Hank never could figure it out. I thought maybe they would show later that Walt planted the book for Hank to find, but that Walt didn’t think that Hank would turn on him like he did and try to arrest him, causing his family to suffer and everything that happened after that.

I would have rather seen things happen that way, because I didn’t like seeing how everything fell apart for Walt and his family in the end. And also how that Jesse turned on him, I thought that was too bad. Hank could have let it go to spare Walt’s family from suffering, and Walt wouldn’t have lost most of the money he was leaving to his family, and Walt was dying anyway. If anything, it was about Hank’s pride in the end. He thought Walt had made a fool out of him and he couldn’t allow Walt to get away with what he’d done. But I still thought the finale was good about wrapping up loose ends.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeEm

Oh god that has merit in a youtube comedy kinda way.

I'd love it if mr Cranston was up for something like that... haha

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
I thought that the ending felt rushed.

At 15 min left in the episode I was wondering, "when are people going to start dying?"

I thought the ending was well more than that episode. As soon as I heard the into music played in a down beat tempo, mid episode 14? or 15? I felt the pangs of finality.

It wasn't rushed imo. It was fast paced to make sure it wasn't a drawn out fiasco. He had to have that final boom too. Last time it was fring.

I'd have hated it if the last episode was 45 minutes of a shootout, like a bruce willis movie.

But man I still cant get over how brutal some things were, jesse escaping only to be caught, and "not personal" pop.. ohhh haha evil.. so evil..

we had to say goodbye to walt. He was an evil man, he admitted that he loved it all.
and they ensured that any sequals are out of the picture. Had to be done.

Unless walt jnr loses his mind from the entire situation, developes a personality disorder and starts to learn chemistry in order to become the new heisenburg. And man that kid was annoying in every scene.. lol..
edit on 1-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I thought the ending was appropriate.

I enjoyed working on this show very much. I was in the 1st episode and about 10 others as a background/extra usually a homeless/drunk/junky type of character. Some TV shows treat the extras like **** but BB was first class for cast and crew.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hellnotes

I kept thinking they would do something with that storyline about Walt leaving behind that book, the one Hank found. At the time I watched it, I thought Walt had planted it there for Hank to find , even though he had told Skylar otherwise, that he had just “messed up”. I thought Walt wanted Hank to know he was Heisenberg because of his pride, and because Hank never could figure it out. I thought maybe they would show later that Walt planted the book for Hank to find, but that Walt didn’t think that Hank would turn on him like he did and try to arrest him, causing his family to suffer and everything that happened after that.

I said I would rather have seen Walt intentionally leave the book behind, rather than unintentionally, because it seemed more true to his pride and his character, rather than Walt the mastermind making a mistake like that. It felt odd and forced and kind of silly really. It just didn't seem like Walt would just leave that book laying around the house. The writing did not seem true to the character. Kind of like, "ok, it's time for everything to fall apart for Walt now, what kind of stupid thing could we have him do?"

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

It ended just the way it should have -Walt captured only by death.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I didn't like Skyler, Walt Jr., and especially the hypocrite Marie. Unfortunately, they were necessary characters.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hellnotes

But Walt pretty much won in the end. Jesse gave him a sort of forgiving look before leaving. Skylar smiled at him (not a big smile mind you) after he admitted it was all for him, and he found a way to give his family the money.

He was about dead anyway. He went out on top.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yeah, I agree. The only other thing I wondered about was the disc that Jack had of Jesse’s confession. I wondered if the police would find it.

Does anyone know what happened to the disc? Maybe I missed something.

join