It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herpes-infected monkeys terrorize Florida.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Herpes-infected monkeys terrorize Florida.

Wildlife officials said that three pairs of Rhesus monkeys were transported to a park near Ocala in the 1930s by tour operator Colonel Tooey after a “Tarzan” flick sparked a fascination with the creature. But the breed has since boomed and more than 1,000 of the monkeys now live in the state, wildlife officials say.

State officials have caught more than 700 of the monkeys in the past decade — most of which tested positive for the herpes-B virus.

The monkeys were first marooned on a small island near the Silver River. But the creatures learned to swim.

They have since been spotted hundreds of miles away, near Jacksonville, officials said.

The hell kind of super smart, sex starved monkeys are we talkin' about?

Three pairs and its now they're up to a 1,000? There must have been some inbreeding. Wonder if any of them are retarded.

Learned how to swim?

AND they have Herpes? Use protection FFS.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

This actually all started in 1981 when Studio 54 closed down in NY and sex addicted rejects looking for cheaper Cocaine all flocked to Miami making bad clothes, sleazy women and moronic crimes a staple of Florida in the media to last for coming generations.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I read the headline and thought you were referring to government...!!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Florida. Nuff said. That place is like a bad soap opera and a freakshow had a baby and it became a state

edit on 1-10-2013 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I thought the NYC motorcycle gang had transplanted to FL....

In the panhandle region of FL the Air Force housed monkeys on Shell Island to be used in all sorts of tests. There were rumors decades ago about escaped monkeys here but never seen one.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMax9

Yes, sorry about the confusion. In that case it would have said, "terrorize the US".

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

I love that attitude!!! To bad most Northerners don't share the same feelings. Seems like 9 out of 10 who retire come to FL and clog up our highways with their slow driving and blue hair dues. Wish you all would just stay up there and stop moving to my state in droves.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

Not to mention screwing up the elections. Many snow birds will vote up there and down here. Gotta love absentee ballots.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well, I suppose if no one goes out to gain carnal knowledge of our primate cousins...(I.e...don't bugger the monkeys), then we don't have too much to worry about, eh?

Just wait till they get how they are in some parts of the world. The Nat Geo vids are hilarious to see monkeys stealing things right off people's tables and taking off. I guess it isn't so funny to realize they can snap your arm like a dry branch if you decide to fight with 'em..but, they have a long way to go to get to Missouri. Enjoy the wildlife Florida!

(Panthers and Pythons and Rhesus...Oh My!)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Interesting post, just watched the episode of Conspiracy Theory about the humanizes, and it was based out of florida......very interesting.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Flori-DUH. | was northbound on the Turdpike when the visitor from Georgia locked up His brakes to avoid hitting One of these monkeys. The One He didn't miss hitting had His/Her head stuck in a Flori-DUH Tumbleweed (a plastic bag from ChinaMart™)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
what?
you mean floridians are lacking in flamethrowers and/or gun toters?
are these herpes carriers being protected by the authorities perchance?

nvm, I see that they are, no doubt they get more funding
will they cover your medical costs if you or your kids get bitten?

"oh, if you stay away from 'em they won't bother you..."

lol, what if the monkeys decide to not stay away from you?
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-10-2013 by Metaphysique because: stupid videos wont embed

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Look I don't care what you have heard I have never been to Florida, It wasn't me.
Yes they look like me but It was my monkeys uncle bob.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
When I read the title I thought it was a new Paris & Nichole reality TV show

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You know what i fear? Baboons-those fangs on the big males can be larger than a big breed dog's-and they are often aggressive.An aquaintance of mine found one lurking in her garden a while ago.She threw a stone at it-and it threw a stone back at her.A rogue baboon,my hubby says he heard the critter was shot some time after that,by some one around here.A couple used to live around here,the guy got in big trouble with Flora+Fauna dept for shooting a massive python that tried to consume his Jack Russel a few years ago-pythons are protected species.It's always critter-time here,there is a clan of apes.around 30 or 40,we often see them traverse the fenceline-i suspect they are as yet free of venereal disease

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pillock

I can imagine your dismay at that thought

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I recall these guys from a visit to Ft. Lauderdale some 25 years ago. They hung around the hotel next door for some reason...and we all initially doubted my 5 year old daughter when she reported "There's monkeys over there!" Jeez...the things you see on ATS! It is the monkey house.

edit on 2-10-2013 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because, eh?

top topics

join