It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the world!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hmmm.. building survey?

Without the county this will remain a mystery.

The call was on a Sunday evening, or?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

So 2 men arrive at my door just now with maps in hand on clip boards... They say they are conducting some kind of Cancer awareness survey, of sorts, I did not get the total picture. They wanted to come in and ask me questions and work with me as our county has an unprecedented amount of cancer...

Mind you I am in my PJs still, been canning green beans all morning and just stopped to have some brunch.

They did not have a calling card on them but said that they would be back later today after I had time to dress and be able to sit and answer their questions... and when my husband could also be here... (I don't have a husband, just an ex that has been here to help me after surgery.)

Anyway, black suv...

so, my family is PISSED at me for even opening the door to them...

You would think with my CT back ground I would finally learn to STOP being so trusting!!! I am an idiot.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Telling them to take a hike when they return shouldn't be an issue, if you don't want to deal with these people then don't. If for some reason you think they may be up to no good give your local P.D. a call and run it by them

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Candycab

thanks I mean it could be ligit, but I just think with so many rumors about door to door stuff becoming part of the nwo plan against folks, I could have handled it far differently. I really feel like a fool.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Kinda weird. I would have told them to keep it movin. That's crazy though. A phone call, and a visit by some people? Id take precautions immedeatly to ensure my own safety.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

So 2 men arrive at my door just now with maps in hand on clip boards... They say they are conducting some kind of Cancer awareness survey, of sorts, I did not get the total picture. They wanted to come in and ask me questions and work with me as our county has an unprecedented amount of cancer...

And this has exactly what to do with how many exits you have in your home?

Something stinks here...

Did you ever call the county to see if they made that call?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

antar

thanks I mean it could be legit, but I just think with so many rumors about door to door stuff becoming part of the nwo plan against folks, I could have handled it far differently. I really feel like a fool.

Don't beat yourself up over it too much just live and learn and stay safe in the future I don't think you have gone too far just yet as they haven't been in your home looking around etc but, if they are legit they should have offices they work out of that you could easily visit to validate who they say they are and go over whatever it is they are doing if you wish to do so. If any of that is an issue for them then I would definitely be taking the matter up with the P.D.

I have no idea where you live, but if its not some massive metropolis the local P.D. Watch Commander could most likely check the logs to see if anyone in the area has reported the same sort of activity which can give them the incentive to look into the matter a bit more. If you don't feel safe with the whole thing don't even open the door for them, tell them to leave you some contact info and you will get back to them.

Stay Safe

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Thanks, looks like they are legit after all, an insurance company called PMA USA.

So, just another lesson for me to toughen up in the future. I guess times are changing, we have seen few people appear at our door over the past 15 years, one time was a census taker and another religious missionary couple and a few lost people. What bothered me most was not them but me and my trusting nature.
edit on 22-10-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar, I hope you've seen The Sandlot and know what I mean when I say, "You're killing me, Smalls!" I mean this in the friendliest of ways, but I am glad you are living and learning from this experience.

Don't talk to these people! The whole thing stinks to high heaven. Don't even answer the door. What they're doing is simply not normal, at all. You owe them nothing, not even an explanation. They were likely trying to determine whether you have a husband with that comment. I'm sorry to assume the worst but my gut tells me they are not worth your time.

If they are actually working for PMA USA, google the name. The company's reputation at RipoffReport.com is one of the first search results you will see.

I feel for you. You're not an idiot. It just takes something like this to remind you next time, should the situation arise, that you shouldn't entertain a stranger by opening your front door.

Trust me, I had a similar situation. When I was 22 I lived alone in a house with another girl. I was working on a paper on my laptop late at night on the porch when I heard a giant crash. I had a feeling it was a break in at my neighbor's. I closed my laptop and went inside the house to peak out the window. I saw two guys stealing everything they could find, including the entire front bench seat, in my neighbor's pickup truck. So, what did I do? Instead of calling the police to catch them in the act. I walked out my front door onto the front lawn and imitated a man's deep voice, shouting, "Hey, get the freak out of here." They scrambled. Then I called police, who were unsuccessful in capturing the thieves. About 3 am, I went to see if the cops had finally left the scene across from our house. I looked out the blinds and saw that they had left, but at the same time I saw a threatening looking individual walking swiftly down our driveway to the back of our house. I flipped out, grabbed my roommate out of bed, said the thieves were back for revenge. We sat in the middle of my bedroom holding butcher knives, talking loudly to the police, until the police were able to come back and check on our safety.

Anyway, sorry for my lengthy personal story. Just wanted to say everyone makes an idiot move at some point when it comes to stuff like this. As long as you learn what not to do next time, you're smarter for having messed up in the first place.
edit on 10-24-2013 by TruthLover557 because: correct the ripoff web address

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthLover557

Thanks for that, I really do feel sometimes i am living in the wrong place at the wrong time. I have friends on both sides, for instance some that think life is just wonderful and a pure bliss, then others that are well the opposite. With everything learned from ATS and like minded individuals, being more cynical should be second nature but it must be a learned thing. I must be stronger than to allow my space to be invaded when it goes against everything in my gut. Trust has its place in my life but so does caution and strength. They walked away seeing me as weak I just know it. They did come back and my house and property was bustling with activity, all men and teenage boys. I told them I had no interest and that my family was more than upset with me for having even opened the door for them in the first place. They couldn't get away fast enough. My dogs were even peeing on their tires...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join