It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the world!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Say what you will and think what you want, perhaps I am just going out on a cracked limb here to find out if others have had any phone calls like I just received...

The county calls me to ask about the exits in my home. The size, verifying the locations.

Now I have lived here for over 16 years, and NEVER experienced a call like this. To make things more interesting, the lady sounded urgent and very very nervous...

What the hell?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hopefully you didn't answer them, could be a scam. Who did they say they were?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

She also asked if my garage has a concrete floor...

link   
reply to post by antar

I hope you didn't answer them?

That is suspicious to say the least.

link   
reply to post by antar

Fire prevention Calls perhaps?

I seem to recall a courtesy call from our local fire department asking how many emergency exists were in the home, how reachable they are etc. He also asked about the fire alarms and extinguishers though...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

County assessor, I recognized the elderly ladies voice even though as I said she sounded nervous and in a hurry.

link   
Who is 'The County'?

link   
reply to post by seagull

I did.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

This does not sound legitimate to me. Can you trace where the call came from. You might also want to alert the cops and tell them what just happened.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

What state are you in?

Tsom87

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

I wanted to but have got 2 calls since that call so no ****

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
They might come raid your house. I'd get any valuables or anything you don't want them to find out of there asap. Maybe bury them underground somewhere instead. My house was raided once. And if you have any suspicious people come to your door for strange reasons then for sure they're gonna come raid it, they're just checking it out first. I'm not joking.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Probably re-assessing your property taxes and trying to see if there have been any additions to your house since you have been there. If they count the number of doors to the outside and they are different from the number on record and if your garage has a concrete floor and can be considered an addition to the house they will increase your taxes...usually happens when property assessors drive around with home data and something they see when driving around does not match with the record they have on it.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I am not scared or anything, just think it was a suspicious call and wonder if anyone else is getting these calls from the Midwest? Ideas are :
1. Going to raise my property taxes more than the 400% percent since last year...
2. Figuring out my set up so that when they come a gunning for citizens who are not part of the elites, they know what to expect.
3. ????????????

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

antar
reply to post by seagull

I did.

Prolly not a good idea unless you are absolutely sure you know who they were. The problem with someone calling you and asking for that type of info is that anyone can call you and claim they are from the county or the fire dept etc. It won't do you any good to worry about it but you may wanna inform your local authorities just in case. That's the kind of info someone would want if they are planning a robbery.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Probably, but like I said everything I have was reassessed last year at 400% increase. Nothing new has been added but man if that is the cause, then the redistribution of wealth I have been discussing here with members runs so much further than what anyone suspects. I could go on but have to jam.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

***Gulp***

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Absolutely.

If ever there was a case of better safe than sorry, this is it.

Just sounds too suspicious to me.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I am confused by the stream of discussion here. Doesn't a public service call sound like the most reasonable reason?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I can't believe you took a phone call like that and didn't ask the caller why they wanted the information!

Personally, I would have asked why they wanted the information, then told them that it all sounded a little strange, and could they give me a phone number so that I could ring back and verify the details.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join