It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consumer protection laws.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
What do you think life would be like without them? Do they actually do what they are intended to do or do they need to be more focused or rewritten?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

RobFox
What do you think life would be like without them? Do they actually do what they are intended to do or do they need to be more focused or rewritten?

How about some voter protection laws, would they guarantee politicians would behave in our best interests?
edit on 1-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This "experiment" has already been conducted and the results are well documented in history books.

The current basic set of consumer "rights" have evolved as a direct result of that experience. I accept that some believe those times are superior to what we have now. I would urge those people to study history at depth in material written outside the US.

IMO, the only reason capitalism has survived this far is the labor movement and consumer protection laws. Global wealth inequity may put an end to it all though. The trend is parabolic and can only end in collapse. There is a limit to what people will tolerate.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The consumer protection laws don't work very good half the time. Other times good companies are put out of business when their products are not defective. They can't make everything safe for people who don't use them properly. It seems that people expect everything to be risk free when they use it. You do not buy a small jack to jack up the front of a car, you buy one the right size and stance for what you intend to do. People need common sense.

The FDA does not really even test our food themselves much anymore. They rely on testing by second party testing that is under the financial control of the company paying for the testing, this can cause defective results as is evident.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
comment removed
edit on 1-10-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

The FDA does not really even test our food themselves much anymore

"Speeding the development and availability of drugs that treat serious diseases are in everyone's interest, especially..."

And for an extra fee you can fast track your "sign off": and get the sh*it to the market sooner...never mind about time to ascertain long term effects on health, adverse reaction etc

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheConstruKctionofLight

I'm not becoming a lab rat anymore. This mouse is not dumb enough to take long term meds ever again. I'd rather die than to spend another month in the doped up stupor again from Pharmaceuticals. I was in that screwed up my kidneys and liver and caused my teeth to erupt and break. They can find their Guinea Pigs somewhere else.

I won't say these meds can't work for others but I can't take them. I doubt if any of my relatives can either.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Were costumers really protected from this? If you believe the customer is always right, make it so by using one or more of the following websites for consumer complaints.

top topics

join