It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Federal Govt. Shutdown

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Anyone know if the gov't contracts are still paid? That might hurt if all those businesses have to wait around for our elected representatives to finish their theatrics and actually accomplish something!!

Oh, and the national parks actually return a profit probably, so by all means, shut them down!!!
They deserve it for having the audicity of actually earning money instead of acting like a giant vacuums sucking the money out of our pockets and into the many, many useless black holes!!

I would venture to guess that most of those black holes are still have money flowing through them!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

it is obviously looking that way. has ats been a tad friendlier today as a result?
seems like easy way to weed them out. right now!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Crazy. I've been watching this* as I've been trying to get through to the IRS recently via the phone, to secure an EIN number. I also faxed them, no response yet. The phones are down today "due to budget constraints" or something. One of the numbers simply isn't working today. I'm in the UK so can't apply for the EIN any other way. This is the only time in my life so far I've had to call the IRS, bit of annoying co-incidence... :p

* Though it wasn't exactly covered much here beforehand, and none of my American friends mentioned it, and UK sites still seem to be forgetting to mention IRS phone lines are down.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Not being from the states I have no idea what this really means? All it seems is that a group of really rich people had decided that ordinary people will go without wages for a while, because they can't agree on something they already agreed on months ago.

America has to be the only civilized nation that doesn't have either universal healthcare or access to a GP when needed.
I know obamacare was supposed to rectify this somewhat but because of the mentality of many Americans and many republicans, it's never going to happen.
America should be embarrassed and disgraced at the way it treats people and puts profit ahead of people's wellbeing.

I'm sure someone will set me straight and tell me how it's none of my businesses.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

America has to be the only civilized nation that doesn't have either universal healthcare or access to a GP when needed.
Are you sure that is the case? How familiar are you with government assistance in the US?

Are you sure that is what the ACA is about?

edit on 10/1/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

trinityalways
OK than listen to this statement :

WASHINGTON, Aug 12 (Reuters) - The U.S. Air Force will shut down its space surveillance system that tracks satellites and other orbiting objects by Oct. 1 due to budget constraints caused by automatic federal budget cuts known as the sequestration, it announced Monday.

Hummmm...Can anyone say something is coming our way ?

Trinity

This would be a great way to keep the majority of eyes off the ball so to speak. And if a amateur actually spotted something, do you honestly think the MSM would say anything?

It'd be all over the web (as long as sites worked), but the MSM would ignore it until it was to late.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

trinityalways
reply to post by Phage

JSpOC back in 2012 has been replaced with AGI software see this and their partners.

www.agi.com...

finance.yahoo.com...

No. JSpOC was not replaced.

Let me restate my point.
1) The "space fence" was not shut down as a result of the government shut down. It was scheduled to be shut down at the end of the fiscal year.

2) NASA does not, and never did, track objects in space other than their satellites, which they are still doing.

3) Anything concerning national security is an "essential service" and will continue to operate during the shutdown.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by stargatetravels
Are you sure that is the case? How familiar are you with government assistance in the US?

Are you sure that is what the ACA is about?

Well I have a friend in America who has no health cover, and who cannot afford to have any.
Also they cannot afford medication for an ongoing medical condition and cannot afford to see their GP either.
Maybe they are unaware that there is assistance or maybe there is no help for those who cannot pay, either way it's obscene.
Almost every developed, first world nation has healthcare that is free at the point of use for the citizens of said country.
The fact that my friend, along with millions of others, have to be off their medication and just 'deal with it' when they're ill and need a GP but can't afford to pay to see them and pay for medication, is IMHO, obscene.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I just enrolled in the Silver plan

No knocks on my door yet from the death squads

Guess I'm on of the few lucky ones

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Good. Tell it to all people who will have to go home and get their money cut short that it is just a media stunt...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

Did I say anything about the workers? No. Try to get your head out of your rectum and READ before making stupid comments.

Besides, even if I had, they will get back pay for the time off so it's not like they are going to go without.
edit on 10/1/2013 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

muse7

No, there won't be any knocks on your door from death squads. Just a gradual increase in taxes taken from your income, as it becomes apparent to the Obamacare proponents, that not near enough people have signed on to pay for it's pyramid scheme to survive. More like a death by a thousand paper cuts.

I only wish you the best of health. Those not in the best of health...oh well....

Des

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

muse7

Yet.

But what if YOU get "re- categorized"

As you prepare for the IRS to start monitoring your health insurance and make your medical records accessible to thousands, perhaps you also should vacuum your floor, wash the windows and lock up any weapons, should you be so unwise as to actually have them.

It’s all in readiness for Obamacare, which will include home visits for many citizens, maybe even everyone, depending on the interpretation of the law.

Blogger Joshua Cook at BenSwann.com highlighted the issue just this week, although it’s been evident for some time.

He points out that the federal government is allocating hundreds of millions of dollars for state programs for “evidence-based home” visits.

Obamacare troops planning home visits

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Just an interesting tidbit...

Price tag of the government shutdown

Here's the price tag for the first government shutdown in 17 years: about $1.6 billion a week, $300 million a day, or $12.5 million an hour.

I wonder how long the shutdown will last.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

what will be interesting is if no notices hahahahaha....then be like..hey...we were fine without em!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Those stupid Bible-thumping Republicans must be happy the US Govt is shutdown because they've gotten what they wanted.
I hope Barack Obama finds a way to charge them with mass high treason and get rid of them because by getting the US Govt shutdown they've caused thousands if not millions of federal workers to go on unpaid leave and shut countless national parks.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Conspiracyskeptic
Those stupid Bible-thumping Republicans must be happy the US Govt is shutdown because they've gotten what they wanted.
I hope Barack Obama finds a way to charge them with mass high treason and get rid of them because by getting the US Govt shutdown they've caused thousands if not millions of federal workers to go on unpaid leave and shut countless national parks.

A sarcasm tag here would help avoid any confusion...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

JBA2848
They shut down the government and parks.
Google now has a new advertisement logo for google search.

www.google.com...

Yeah, that is for the 123th anniversary of Yosemite, not because the park is shutdown.

The two just happen to coincide. All federal parks are shutdown, not just Yosemite.
edit on 1/10/2013 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracyskeptic

I would like to ask you a question on your point of view. before I do I want to let it be known I am an independent and try to vote third party as much as I can. you seem to be blaming the gop. this I don't understand and leads to my question. actually two.

what is so wrong with the gop asking the democrats to make the whole executive branch sign into law they have to use aca healthcare also and not be excluded?

and also what is wrong with them asking the dems to sign into law that there will be no aca healthcare fines the first two years as it will be new and people shouldn't be punished for simple mistakes in the beginning of this transformation?

that is what the shutdown is over and exactly what neither side is willing to budge on. I have MY suspicions why.
what are others suspicion as to why?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join