It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Federal Govt. Shutdown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Hmm, I've kept my TV on CNN and I'm getting a "Test" with a red bar. Why would they need to be testing that?

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretsOfMe

Change the channel.
It can do wonders in more ways than one.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Um, yeah that's the first time you made me laugh, ever. I mean ever! Insert non-ATS freaky smiley face ( of which creeps me out).
edit on 1-10-2013 by queenofsheba because: cuz I said so

edit on 1-10-2013 by queenofsheba because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Cool.
And it only took three years.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It was on every channel. Sorry that I didn't clarify.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

SecretsOfMe
reply to post by Phage

It was on every channel. Sorry that I didn't clarify.

Probably your provider and not actually the channel; especially if it is on every channel....

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oh, I think it's my anniversary here today, or was not so long ago (less than an hour ago). I appreciate wicked intelligence with a dash of humor.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretsOfMe

Around midnight. First of the month? Local cable service.
I wouldn't put a lot of significance on it. But that's just me.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No no no...it is the Government. They are now operating without direct Congressional appropriations. So to highlight this, they have annoyed all citizens with a red bar across their most trusted idol...the TV.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Just a question what does this mean for Amazon.com shipping orders out of the country because all outbound orders go through the USPS at some point right? or is it DHL all the way with only customs/security handled by airport customs workers being federal? I'm asking this because i can't find anything on the United States Postal Service being affected by this govt shutdown.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracyskeptic

USPS is a hybrid organization that isn't truly a Federal entity. So I doubt that they will be effected in any shape or form and you will still be able to hustle your goods via Amazon.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

ownbestenemy

USPS is a hybrid organization that isn't truly a Federal entity. So I doubt that they will be effected in any shape or form and you will still be able to hustle your goods via Amazon.

I was justing asking because the articles i found on NZ news websites had nothing regarding the USPS something that really frustrates me and i read some USPS workers might be furloughed and besides it wouldn't just be me affected of the USPS was totally if temporaily shutdown it'd be millions both in the US and across the globe.

edit on 1-10-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

iamhobo
The military will still receive paychecks. The president already had a video message loaded in the chamber to address the nation specifically about that.

They played it about 10 mins ago on MSNBC, but I can't find it online.

Here is that message:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Has anyone checked the whereabouts of these politicians? They aren't heading to the underground bunkers, are they? hahahahah What exactly does the government do, anyway? Besides make laws and take our money???

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

So which parts of government actually shut down?

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Onward towards the debt ceiling crisis later this month.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Conspiracyskeptic

ownbestenemy

I was justing asking because the articles i found on NZ news websites had nothing regarding the USPS something that really frustrates me and i read some USPS workers might be furloughed and besides it wouldn't just be me affected of the USPS was totally if temporaily shutdown it'd be millions both in the US and across the globe.

edit on 1-10-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: (no reason given)

No problems. The USPS is funded by stamp sales and such and are not a part of the gov't shutdown.

All USPS services will continue as normal.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I heard somewhere that the USPS calls all the shots.
they are the head honchos, the kings of the hill, the numero unos, the cream
of the crops, the untouchables.

edit on 1-10-2013 by TopsyTurvyOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If anything the people on these government jobs are probably rejoicing because they get a vacation,however with no pay.Government shutdown does not last very long unless a collapse happens.By the way a collapse is going to happen eventually over the unemployment and debt.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join