It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Federal Govt. Shutdown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well it's happened. The US govt. has shut down. First time in 17 years...now what?!

NBC

CNN

Huffington Post

RT

UPDATE

This is a very sad day for our country," Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said on the Senate floor early Tuesday morning. Reid declared the Senate is in recess until 9:30 a.m. Tuesday.

An estimated 800,000 federal workers face furloughs because of the shutdown, though many were told to work a half day Tuesday..

edit on 30-9-2013 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Our reptilian overlords send in wave after wave of zombie sasquatch warriors to finally defeat the American people?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Thorneblood
reply to post by iamhobo

Our reptilian overlords send in wave after wave of zombie sasquatch warriors to finally defeat the American people?

--
yeah, maybe the national park service. The military still got paid. So, bring on the zombie sasquatch warriors, because...IT'LL BE HELL TO PAY BEFORE THEY STEP THROUGH THAT DOOR!! AN ME AN CAVTROOPER WILL LEAD THE CHARGE!!! YEEEEEE HAAAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Will the entitlement crowd still get gubmint cheese?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

The US govt. has shut down.

YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

PARTY TIME!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

the same as the other 17 times the gov has shut down nothing new, just another side show grand stand, for how long is the question before Obama sends up the white flag on Obama care, if he is to remain POTUS he has to give it up.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Well, think about what Nancy said about 30 hr work weeks for us. Now all those federal employees have some time to pursue there happiness. U.S.A ! U.S.A ! U.S A !

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Yngvarr

Yes geniuses across the nation are all woohooing thinking they accomplished something. The people you hate will still get their government checks but the troops wont. GFG!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
They signed a exemption for the military.

www.flickr.com...

The spying and wars will carry on as scheduled.

Please sign in for your schedule for the week.

www.intelink.gov...
edit on 30-9-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

link   
Well, I do believe that represents a 100%, total and unmitigated failure of Congress. Both sides. Both parties.

I could blame Obama and would love to. Oh, I really would...but CONGRESS couldn't manage to get off their dead dime to SEND him something so he COULD be blamed for not signing it... so.. Well... I hope Congress likes owning this and that 10% congressional approval rate reported earlier?

Oh..I don't think it's quite that.......high.

link   

Kali74
reply to post by Yngvarr

Yes geniuses across the nation are all woohooing thinking they accomplished something. The people you hate will still get their government checks but the troops wont. GFG!

I thought the troops still get paid? No?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
My wife will be happy, maybe she will get some time off from her job for a couple of weeks.
Maybe she will put off retirement for a couple of months if she gets a vacation. I don't know what they will do without her at work, the young people are constantly missing work because of sick kids and illnesses of their own. She rarely misses a day of work and has maxed out the available sick leave so she loses it.

Hmmm, seems that the USDA ran out of money immediately www.usda.gov...
I mean, can't they keep the site up for one day, they still have money to fund things for a short while
edit on 30-9-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Yngvarr

Kali74
reply to post by Yngvarr

I thought the troops still get paid? No?

The military will still receive paychecks. The president already had a video message loaded in the chamber to address the nation specifically about that.

They played it about 10 mins ago on MSNBC, but I can't find it online.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
OK than listen to this statement :

WASHINGTON, Aug 12 (Reuters) - The U.S. Air Force will shut down its space surveillance system that tracks satellites and other orbiting objects by Oct. 1 due to budget constraints caused by automatic federal budget cuts known as the sequestration, it announced Monday.

Hummmm...Can anyone say something is coming our way ?

Trinity

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

I too have been glued to the news but it's happened before during the Clinton years. I was in my twenties then and I honestly don't remember any adverse affects. Though everyone says that this time it's "different" I guess we will find out. What's that saying, plan for the worse and hope for the best? Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
They shut down the government and parks.
Google now has a new advertisement logo for google search.

www.google.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Yngvarr

Oh yep, I'm a little behind apparently... a separate bill was passed to guarantee pay for the troops. Still, this is no accomplishment... it's complete and utter failure. I literally want to punch people in the face that think this is a good thing and I'm an anarchist ffs.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

--
Not I, I'll be signing out for leave tonight, BWAHAHA

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

queenofsheba
reply to post by iamhobo

I too have been glued to the news but it's happened before during the Clinton years. I was in my twenties then and I honestly don't remember any adverse affects. Though everyone says that this time it's "different" I guess we will find out. What's that saying, plan for the worse and hope for the best? Time will tell.

I remember it too, I was in the Army, nothing happened, still got paid on time, no big deal, just alot less DoD civvies working those few days

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It says all non essential services will be shut down,if they are non essential then why do we have them in the first place?
The federal government shouldn`t be involved in non essential stuff they should only be involved in things that are essential to:

establish justice,
insure domestic tranquility,
provide for the common defense,
promote the general welfare,
and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity,

anything above and beyond those 5 things is not part of the governments responsibilities as layed out in the constitution, therefore the government has no right to meddle in or spend tax money on those other non essential things.

We the people of the United States,do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America, in order to, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity.

edit on 30-9-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join