It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those of you in the USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I am asking all of those in the United States to sign my petition for the removal of every member in congress if they fail to do their jobs and cause the government to be shutdown.

Of course given the current situation I am expecting to receive many "it's too late now" responses coupled with the "it would just get ignored anyway". Even still, it is a good opportunity for the people to truely be heard about how the feel with congress totally destroying the entire country.

If you go to work and don't preform the duties you're given, you are fired. Why isn't the same expected from our congressmen, who work for us?

Here is the link

I feel even if some may view it as a meaningless endeavor, I feel at least I am doing *something* I can to change the current situation.
edit on 30-9-2013 by Vortiki because: Fixed link

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
You realize your are petitioning the government to punish itself right?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I agree with Mushroom, the government does enough "self-policing". What is needed is for the People to start doing some policing of our own.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
you realize of course since 1975 there have been 17 govt shutdowns right? you should prolly read this or google govt shutdown if you dont like the site. The only way this is going to be painful is if Obama chooses to make it painful. Its happened before and trust me, life goes on just fine and most ppl wont even notice it. This isnt my first govt shutdown rodeo lol

Go vt shut down info Link WashPost:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

I got a new respsonse for you "here come the feds"

i should sign stuff , but i dont because I dont want them to track me. Then I realize i post on ats so I am being tracked anyway. f the NWO

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

Why don't you ask instead for the impeachment of our dear leader since his mandated healthcare plan is going to hurt a lot more people than this stupid shutdown. Oh, and how about all the illegal facets of our government that are slowly taking over the world with their tyrannical plans,,,,how about you sick pervs just turn yourselves in to the authorities, cause we got your number!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join