It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen to me if I were caught working in MEXICO with no papers? Why is it okay for them?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
reply to post by HanzHenry

Did your ancestors just show up here or did they immigrate?
I didn't say make them citizens just give them paperwork to track them. No voting, no welfare,only emergency healthcare.
I only say this because apparently we can't stop them ( why is beyond me).
I would much rather throw them out but I don't see it happening.

foreign invaders, sucking dry what little wealth is left.. they should be met with equal force.

Stealing what American's ancestors died building.. HECK NO!

back in 1993 in Paxton, Illinois, we still chased illegals out of town.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

Yeah, maybe it would be better if all the mexicans came and just murdered all americans, took the country for themselves.. wait.. sorry thats right, that already happened. Wait.. wasnt it you guys who did that?

Share the freaking country you stole from the people you murdered. Its called karma.

Hoosierdaddy71

Stealing what American's ancestors died building..

ooooh double standards are delicious arent they? What about the real american ancestors, that your ancestors murdered, raped and treated like well.. #.
edit on RAmerica/ChicagoV by needlenight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I agree with you. It is hard enough for the LEGAL people to find work let alone competing with ILLEGAL people in the job market. Here is what we are up against.

- Illegals don't have to pay taxes. This allows the Illegals to retain more of their paycheck and work for even lower wages.

-Illegals work and are expected to work for far less than legals. this drives down the wages offered for many many jobs. At first the Illegals went into the minor basic unskilled menial jobs. They now have made their way into the bread and butter and the backbone of the labor market. The skilled labor jobs. Professional plumbing, electrical, roofing, etc. drastically driving down the wages of previously good paying jobs.

This is what is happening. This is real. I work along side of illegals. They are pretty normal people. In general they work hard, they show up everyday, their work quality is fair.

THEY SHOULDN'T BE HERE.....PERIOD

If the government enforced current existing laws then there would be far less almost non existent illegals. Do you people realize how much this would improve the living conditions of your fellow Americans in the labor market? Hell we might be able to afford health care again!

If we god rid of illegals then the wages would improve. This would make the labor jobs more attractive (again) and then Americans that work the labor market would go back to work, get off food stamps and begin paying taxes again. And guess what, they could even buy health insurance.

I think we Americans in the labor market are getting the worst of this economic down turn, and on top of that we have to compete with illegals. This is downright wrong.

It's no wonder so many have turned to drugs to cope with this....so many Americans have just said "F*** IT and have pretty much just given up because of this. I't just plain not worth it. And yet the illegals just chug along like nothing is happening. Why shouldn't they? The wages are just fine for them! They can even bank in America now, which should be illegal.

EVERYTHING should be illegal for them being that they are here illegally!

One of if not the biggest problem is the employers that higher these illegals!!

-Alien

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by needlenight

If "America" was a simple as a chunk of land then why isn't Mexico so prosperous?

We share "America" everyday. It is theirs for the taking. But they should "do America" on their own land!!

-Alien

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

They now have made their way into the bread and butter and the backbone of the labor market. The skilled labor jobs. Professional plumbing, electrical, roofing, etc. drastically driving down the wages of previously good paying jobs.

Many pro-illegal people still think illegals are just working in the fields picking fruits and vegetables or doing jobs Americans won't do. I have been saying all along that that they are in many areas of the workforce.

If the government enforced current existing laws then there would be far less almost non existent illegals. Do you people realize how much this would improve the living conditions of your fellow Americans in the labor market? Hell we might be able to afford health care again!

Pro-illegals seem to ignore the plight of American's poor people and are only concerned with the well being of the illegal and his needs. Lovely isn't it?

An illegal can break the law coming here or overstaying a visa, break the law stealing identities and using fraudulant documents. If a citizen breaks the law he either pays a fine or goes to jail period!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by needlenight

ooooh double standards are delicious arent they? What about the real american ancestors, that your ancestors murdered, raped and treated like well.. #

My Native American ancestory had a tribe that was almost completely wiped out by another tribe, not any white man. Tribes warred amongst themselves for food and land. Guess you didn't realize that.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The Mexicans were in California before the Americans.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
OOPs.
edit on 1-10-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Sorry need to re-word this.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

liverlad
The Mexicans were in California before the Americans.

Tribes warred against each other for food and land. People all over the world have fought for food and land. Today we are the USA and have laws like any other country including Mexico.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

kurthall
I am freaking SICK of illigals. They have a free pass here in So Cali. I am Sick of it. Americans are not illegal. These freaking Hispanics that are illegal come here WORK here and Should be ARRESTED. My gosh if I were in Canada with no work permit, GUESS what DEPORTED. What the hell is wrong with this country?
edit on 30-9-2013 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

don't blame the illigals ,blame the companies hireing them under the table. illegals are just like stray dogs; if you make it easy for them of course they are going to stay around ; they are just trying to take care of their families; what would you do if you were in their position. have the US and the comapnies that hire illegals start taking resonsiblity for their actions, if you fine companies enough for hiring under the table it will become cheaper for them to hire legal citizens.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I have been in Mexico frequently and once considered moving there because of a close friend and a woman friend. I'll give you my assessment of Mexico. First, Beautiful, women if you like the flashy style and quick, hot tempers.
. Second, the entire country is corrupt. Almost everybody is on the "take." You got money? Fine. You might survive if your scruples are slim. Three, justice is unknown. It is what the current authority that has you in its mitts say it is.

Thief and burglary are virtually an accepted way of life for many Mexicans. When it hits you, you shrug and go on or return to the states minus what you had. Fourth, buying property, getting a work permit, or earning a living wage for a single adult living alone in even the large cities is a wild dream for an ex-pat American with no decent skills

Despite all of that, if you overlook all of the bad aspects of Mexican society and culture, the people are far, far more friendly than your average American. (That stands even outside of the common tourist situations where you are seen as the "rich" American.) Mexicans know how to kick back and enjoy themselves.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

needlenight

Yeah, maybe it would be better if all the mexicans came and just murdered all americans, took the country for themselves.. wait.. sorry thats right, that already happened. Wait.. wasnt it you guys who did that?

Share the freaking country you stole from the people you murdered. Its called karma.

Hoosierdaddy71

Stealing what American's ancestors died building..

ooooh double standards are delicious arent they? What about the real american ancestors, that your ancestors murdered, raped and treated like well.. #.
edit on RAmerica/ChicagoV by needlenight because: (no reason given)

I am part Cherokee , 1/8 mother side, 1/8 father side too. BUT.

Unless we are talking about teepee's, seashell jewelry, animal hides, etc.. then the Native Americans didn't build anything.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Because Progressives push for illegals to stay. For Republican Progressives, it is cheap labor.
For Democrat Progressives, it is for an easy vote that is hooked on Govt.

Both retain power with these people.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

justwokeup

SasquatchHunter
reply to post by Night Star

Those are just excuses people make. How do you take being overqualified for a job as a reason for being turned down? Thats a bs excuse. There's some other reason. Either there being tested cause the employer doesn't want a bad employee that is bitter and wants them to show how much they want the job or they did something wrong, appearance, attitude, late, there was some reason.

Actually no, its a real reason you wont be employed for a job considerably less lucrative than what you are qualified for on paper. Its actually quite coldly rational from perspective of an employer.

An employer looks at you and sees somebody that will be actively looking for something more in line with your qualifications and will leave at the first opportunity, possibly dropping him in it at short notice. There is no advantage in hiring such a person. Better to hire somebody sufficiently qualified but not qualified for anything significantly better.

Its doesn't seem fair to the unemployed man being turned down for jobs he can do in his sleep. It isn't, but its a fact of life.

Everyone that isn't mentally disabled is overqualified to work at fast food restaurants, Walmart the list goes on. These places have a high turn over rate. Why do you think so many highschool kids actually get those jobs???? Its NOT because their employer is looking for a longterm employee !
The service industry is always hiring anyone! Look in the kitchen of most restraunts who's washing the dishes and prepping food, MEXICANS. WHY DO YOU THINK THAT IS?
Any sales job car,insurnace,home, etc is always hiring anyone and everyone, why? Because your success is dependant on you! If your not motivated you don't make it very far in sales!
Heres one example, Verizon loves to hire people with degrees to sell cellphones, they will even pay for your school. I know people who clear 90k a year selling phones.
All I hear is lame excuses. These places all have high turnover rates regardless of who they hire.
edit on 29pm29q000000pm312013-10-01T13:39:29-05:000101 by SasquatchHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

i work in a factory and work usually 50 hours a week the girl beside me makes exact same pay per hour i get i take home 550 she takes home over a thousand why because she pays no taxes because she isn't american now her 16 year old daughter isnt a citezen either but she had a baby this year and gets food stamps afdc checks and wic but her momma who she lives with takes home over 52 thousand a year and her moms husband brings in a good amount under table working construction. i say if they work here then they should pay taxes here.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I am a US citizen living in Mexico. We are doing the opposite of what the illegals do. Having both lost our jobs of 30 and 38 years respectively and exhausting our retirement funds while looking for work and paying the bills, we decided to move to Mexico where we can afford to live on one Soc. Sec. check a month. We are legal but can not afford the $2,500 USD to obtain a work permit. We lost our home and cars. However, on the bright side we rent a nice house here (as opposed to living under a bridge in the US). And the weather here is wonderful. Just had to add my two cents worth.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have worked with illegals, and worked in Mexico. Not for Mexican wages, which were FAR FAR FAR below what they could make here working illegally. Even at rates below what most Americans would work for. From my experience, it is typically one English speaking Mexican taking advantage of a group of non-English speaking illegals. He often takes part of their pay for his work as "translator".

Mostly I have worked with them in agricultural "fields". I have known people to uses immigrants in construction.

I read a comment on here in which someone (I don't care to remember who) brought up the point that they are no longer just taking menial jobs. I guess it was ok with you then, when they were working in the orchards or fields, roofing your house. But BY GOD if they are going to take your factory jobs!

If they are hungry enough they will out work us for less wages. No unions needed. Sometimes I think we may have lost our competitive edge, we are too fat.

Can't get work because your over qualified! That is crap! They (employers) tell you because you aren't relevant anymore. Most people looking for work had administrative positions, or a specific skill set they developed over the course of their career and cannot perform MENIAL tasks. They may have once, but are now so out of practice they don't have a clue and it takes a lot of time to retrain them.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Dude you remind me of that southpark episode with the goo backs.
"THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!"
I agree we should boot them. Why anyone can choose to ignore one law and not another is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Alas, this is why humans are nothing more than parasites upon this world. We gain our self value by arbitrary lines drawn in the dirt. We get our self importance from where our parents lived. We arrive at self smugness because some told us that only by random chance of others, we are better than everyone else.

I do find it very disturbing that as a species we can hate and despise other of our same species because, through no choice of their own, they happen to be born on a different plot of land. No, the American arrogance and self righteousness is almost nauseating. As an American I cannot stand those who hate others because they buy into what the media feeds them.

A petition needs to be to take down the Statue of Liberty as it is no longer relevant to 'Modern America'. If yous ain't borns here, then git yourselves out.

peace out (at least to those who aren't from anywhere else cause thens we justs don't like ya, lessin yous speaks english).

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join