It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen to me if I were caught working in MEXICO with no papers? Why is it okay for them?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

kurthall
reply to post by terriblyvexed

by the way they get free healthcare here really that's not cool if I went to their country I wouldn't get s*** frankly I wish them death on the doorstep we should NOT PAY for their healthcare

PERIOD! ¡

Here is a novel idea: If you have a neighbor in need, and you have the means to help, then do. If not, ok. Help will come from another source. But, if you do, and do not, do you contribute to society in a beneficial way? This may be difficult, but try to take racial, ethnic, and national backgrounds out of the equation. Again, for some this may be difficult. But, for a mind exercise, try it.
edit on 30-9-2013 by Broom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Broom
reply to post by Night Star

Almost everyone I know is a liar. Are you a liar? Are your politicians liars?

If almost everyone you know are liars, perhaps you should pick your friends more carefully. Am I liar? Why would I lie? What the hell would I get out of that? Our politicians are liars and corrupt.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

winofiend
reply to post by kurthall

Why would you want to work in Canada or Mexico without papers?

You'd have to be pretty hard up to do that. Imagine how hard up you'd have to be, and then someone comes along and throws you in prison!

crikey.

that's a bit rough. Just for that.

Oh well, don't do it then, no problem!!

your passiveness pissed me off, # illegals and im Mexican, HELL MY BEST FRIEND IS TRYING TO MARRYING AN ILLEGAL SOON! but its still #ed up that they come with no papers. seriously i have cousins that want to come over but # them if they do it illegally.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

SasquatchHunter

There's plenty of jobs, what jobs are people willing to work. That's why so many illegals are employed they take what they can get.

In Tx they come here, and 8 of them will get one apartment and one vehicle and all get a job at the same place and save enough money to get out on their own.

There may indeed be jobs somewhere, but not everywhere, not even the burger joints. Do you really think that a legal citizen will put his pride before the hunger of his children? He will do whatever he has to, work wherever he can to feed and care for his family.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Because people here legally have screwed the system, it's ok to add more to the list??
Nope.

Yes the employers are indeed to blame and so is the government for allowing the employers to get away with it.
I see. The government is to blame for criminal activity. Got it.

I respect you phage and feel bad arguing.
Then consider it a discussion. Problem solved.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I am no exception, I have lied. And the broom knows of no one, not one individual, who has never lied. This is not an endorsement of deceit, rather, an honest assessment of fact. If you indeed defy this, then I am reprimanded.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
What are you complaining about? Those illegal Mexicans (because i know that's how your talking about) make up about 3% of the population, 5 if you want to be generous.

I'm tired of Americans complaining about something they don't fully understand because they aren't willing to put forth an effort to study the problem. If no one was willing to hire them, then they wouldn't be here. Take your anger out on the employer as they are the real crooks, unless your willing to work long hours with little pay.

edit on 30-9-2013 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

cenpuppie
What are you complaining about? Those illegal Mexicans (because i know that's how your talking about) make up about 3% of the population, 5 if you want to be generous.

I'm tired of Americans complaining about something they don't fully understand because they aren't willing to put forth an effort to study the problem. If no one was willing to hire them, then they wouldn't be here. Take your anger out on the employer as they are the real crooks, unless your willing to work long hours with little pay.

edit on 30-9-2013 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

The illegals are being taken advantage of and you believe citizens should as well?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
i was almost denied my current job due to identity theft. i cant say FOR CERTAIN that it was an illegal mexican national, but when over 50% of the work force for this particular company are Mexican nationals its hard to come to any other conclusion.

many of them are on work visa's, and about the same amount of them are illegal. how do i know that they are illegal? because they tell me. i work next to them 10 hours a day and most of them dont even try to hide it. its easy to tell the difference, as the admittedly illegal ones who only speak a few words of english have names like "hank" or "floyde", whereas the ones on work visa's keep their original names like "miguel" or "juan".

some of them speak better english than others, and they teach each other everyday as we work. but they make no bones about how they got here or how everything works.its a complex system. i even had one explain to me how they print their own SS cards, how they obtain the identities, etc.

the company tryed to tell me that i had already worked there and was ineligible for re-hire, then when i reported it all to the FTC, the 3 credit bureaus, social security, and the local police, it all magicly went away and was called a "computer glitch"

if somebody works under your name/social you can get a report from social security to get a rough estimate of how long they worked, where, and how much they made... however that information is only reported to them about every 2 years. So if your in a case like mine, your stuck waiting to even get any information on the situation outside the company itself. in 2 years time, they have likely moved on to another company, and your always stuck 2 steps behind them.

you have to constantly put fruad alerts on your credit, which only last every 90 days. im lucky to have even got my tax refund last year, as i hear thats the latest growing issue.

on top of it all, theres not only a huge MS-13 presence in this place, but Los zetas associates are prevalent as well.
its real easy to identify MS-13, they are very open about their affiliation. the Mexican Mafia/Los zetas type are a little more covert though, and blend in a lot better. they routinely attempt to pull dirty tricks to try to get people fired, only to replace them with their buddies. Why do they tell me these things? well i suppose because they think im latino too, and im not unfriendly to them. they think im "norteno" or a northern born mexican, however i am indian and italian.

the whole thing just really sucks, and the only people who seem to care are unable to do anything about it

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

There's job everywhere. Pick a spot on the map. If your over 20 years old and your applying at McDonald's for reasons other than "Im gonna own one of these soon." or "I don't have transportation, this is the closest place with in 3miles walking distance,soon as I save up I'm finding another job." I would be suspicious of how motivated you really are.

There's jobs.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I disagree I'm uneducated, and will never be rich, but I can always find a job.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

No, that's not true.

There are rumors that the Obamacare dose this, but I've found no proof of that. Granted it's a suck law in need of improvements before being implemented, but rest easy you're not paying for illegal immigrants medical bills.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

SasquatchHunter

There's job everywhere. Pick a spot on the map. If your over 20 years old and your applying at McDonald's for reasons other than "Im gonna own one of these soon." or "I don't have transportation, this is the closest place with in 3miles walking distance,soon as I save up I'm finding another job." I would be suspicious of how motivated you really are.

There's jobs.

I am disabled. I'm not able to work. I was speaking of those who are searching. If there were jobs everywhere, we wouldn't have millions of unemployed people or tent cites and homeless people more than ever before. There are people who have worked hard their entire lives who are for the first time experiencing having to to find another job. When applying for a less skilled job because there are no positions in their current field they are told they are overqualified. Other places want years of experience or they won't hire you. Or...there are simply too many applicants and not enough jobs.

Years ago when ICE would do raids on companies and hundreds of illegals were deported, every single one of those positions were taken up quickly and easily by a citizen.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

Same for me I worked two sometimes three jobs when I was younger or 80+ hours a week a one job. I know the jobs are out there. The excuses never end for some people. They say they were overqualified??? Stop putting down your chemical engineering degree on Taco Bell apps then. These people are unemployed because they're doing something wrong. Shotgunning apps online but never following up. Not willing to step out their comfort zone and doing something different. Failing their interviews. If you harass a potential employer by showing up every other day and calling everyday someone's gonna give you a shot. I can think of 10 jobs that are always hiring.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

When applying for a less skilled job because there are no positions in their current field they are told they are overqualified.
Ok. So who is filling those jobs for which they are overqualified?

Years ago when ICE would do raids on companies and hundreds of illegals were deported, every single one of those positions were taken up quickly and easily by a citizen.
By those overqualified applicants?

Can you provide some statistics on ICE actions years ago as compared to recently? Here, here's a start.
blogs.ilw.com...

I don't want to give the impression I'm in favor of allowing illegal immigration. I'm not. I'm in favor of looking at the problem rationally.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

terriblyvexed

I disagree I'm uneducated, and will never be rich, but I can always find a job.

You and many others. I don't doubt that many people are still able to find jobs, but for millions of others that is simply not the case. And when one is jobless and trying to survive, they can't exactly afford to move somewhere to find another opportunity.

I am very pleased to see that many can still find employment, but please do not put down those who are searching, who genuinely are trying and desperate to find something.

When I worked my last job, I saw perfectly qualified citizens apply for a job and get denied only to have an illegal hired instead. That is a slap in the face. Kind of scary really.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

McDonalds did tell me I was overqualified (seems redundant, but whatever) but McDonalds isn't the only business in town.

G.E.D.s are free and community colleges are free, and/or cheap with payment after employment options.

This is America we're seeing some hard times, but it's the land of opportunity none the less.

It's not illegal workers that hurt the economy it's legal non-workers who feel entitled to things they haven't earned.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I honestly do not believe that out of the millions of unemployed, they are all doing something wrong and that's why they are not getting hired. I honestly do not believe that they are all lazy and not applying themselves. It is 4:41 and I havn't slept yet so I am off for now. See you all tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Those are just excuses people make. How do you take being overqualified for a job as a reason for being turned down? Thats a bs excuse. There's some other reason. Either there being tested cause the employer doesn't want a bad employee that is bitter and wants them to show how much they want the job or they did something wrong, appearance, attitude, late, there was some reason.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Apologies the broom is slow. A tablet is not such a device myself has learned to type well on. Nevertheless, there is a story worth relating.

There was a business man who had a company on Wallstreet that visited a small village in Mexico. In the morning he observed an abele-bodied man who went to fish in the ocean with his small fishing boat, soon he returned with a few fishes. The big business man, asked, "what are you going to do for the rest of the day?"

The native answered, "I have food for my family for the day. Now I will go home and take a siesta. Later I will go to the public plaza, sing and dance, enjoy the day, and perhaps drink. Enjoy myself."

The businessman responds, "You're doing it all wrong. What you need to do is stay out all day fishing. Then you'll have extra fish to sell. Then you can earn money."

"Then what?"

"Then you buy extra boats and hire men to fish for you. Then when you've grown big enough, you go to Wallstreet and sell your company for millions."

"How long, will this take?"

"Twenty, perhaps thirty years," the businessman responds.

"Then?"

"Well, you retire to a small village by the sea. You take long siestas in the afternoon, and go dancing in the evening with your friends. "

Just because you earn more money, don't be ignorant enough to think you have a better, a simpler life, than one who makes less, and understands what makes life worth living.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join