It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen to me if I were caught working in MEXICO with no papers? Why is it okay for them?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I am freaking SICK of illigals. They have a free pass here in So Cali. I am Sick of it. Americans are not illegal. These freaking Hispanics that are illegal come here WORK here and Should be ARRESTED. My gosh if I were in Canada with no work permit, GUESS what DEPORTED. What the hell is wrong with this country?
edit on 30-9-2013 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

Why would you want to work in Canada or Mexico without papers?

You'd have to be pretty hard up to do that. Imagine how hard up you'd have to be, and then someone comes along and throws you in prison!

crikey.

that's a bit rough. Just for that.

Oh well, don't do it then, no problem!!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I don't want to, all I a, asking is WHAT IF. In other words these people should B put n Prison. Or deported. NOT a free ticket!

edit on 30-9-2013 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Their is rasicm here. If you are dark skinned and from a country south of Mexico, you MIGHT have a problem. If you are light skinned and from the United States, and are humble enough to work here, for the wages it pays, most likely, nothing.
edit on 30-9-2013 by Broom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I'll go along with wino....

There's one good way to find out. Go get a low paying (which I imagine would be extremely low paying) job in Mexico and report back to us. I don't think you'd have much luck getting any other sort of work without proper documentation but I could be wrong.

You can let us know about all those really good benefits you get too.
edit on 9/30/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
If you're looking for support I'll back you in the fact that it costs taxpayers, but that's it.

I have no problem with people coming to the greatest country in the world to find a better life for them, and their family.

The fix is in our taxation. Instead of deporting or arresting these people let's give out easy to get work permits, put them on equal footing with American workers so they pay taxes, and can't take jobs from us because they work cheaper.

Just a thought.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

winofiend

Why would you want to work in Canada or Mexico without papers?

You'd have to be pretty hard up to do that. Imagine how hard up you'd have to be, and then someone comes along and throws you in prison!

crikey.

that's a bit rough. Just for that.

Oh well, don't do it then, no problem!!

I have worked with many illegals throughout the years and for over 30 years, I have yet to meet one that was hard up. It cost them money to get here, cost them money for fraudulent paperwork, stolen identities etc.

The women worked and had spouses who worked elsewhere under the table. The women would lie and say they were a one income household and ended up getting cheap housing, food stamps, medical...when in actuality they were above the poverty limit. They saved money here and seeing that our money was worth so much more in their own country, they would return and live a nice little lives for themselves. One person I knew ended up with a big ranch wit horses cows pigs etc. Another got waterfront property and a big house.

Those who do wish to become legal say they didn't feel like waiting so came here illegally instead and pushed themselves to the head of the line of those coming through the proper channels.

With millions of un-employed citizens, the last thing we need are millions of illegals holding jobs. And no, it does not take millions of illegals to work in fields and most illegals have moved beyond the fields and into many other areas of the workforce.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

terriblyvexed
If you're looking for support I'll back you in the fact that it costs taxpayers, but that's it.

I have no problem with people coming to the greatest country in the world to find a better life for them, and their family.

The fix is in our taxation. Instead of deporting or arresting these people let's give out easy to get work permits, put them on equal footing with American workers so they pay taxes, and can't take jobs from us because they work cheaper.

Just a thought.

That's the problem right there, in many areas around the USA, there are too many applicants and not enough jobs.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

This made me think of all those hilarious FB memes that get shared everyday. Where people don't really stop and think about what they actually say. Like the ones talking about what happens if you try to sneak into N. Korea.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Almost everyone I know is a liar. Are you a liar? Are your politicians liars?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

The women would lie and say they were a one income household and ended up getting cheap housing, food stamps, medical...when in actuality they were above the poverty limit.
I don't suppose any legal citizens do that, do they?

They saved money here and seeing that our money was worth so much more in their own country, they would return and live a nice little lives for themselves.
So the OP should stay here and work then retire in Mexico. That's a much better idea.

And no, it does not take millions of illegals to work in fields and most illegals have moved beyond the fields and into many other areas of the workforce.
There must be a reason for that. The OP seems to want to blame the government for "allowing" it. Isn't it the fault of the employers who hire people without proper documentation? If they weren't hired there wouldn't be much point in them crossing the border, right? They couldn't enter the workforce.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

How many people realize that the idea of ILLEGAL immigration is a recent invention of evil, narrow-minded, people.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Broom

You sir are WRONG..IF you are ILLEGAL that means AGAINST THE LAW. What the hell is there to debate?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Broom

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

kurthall
reply to post by Broom

You sir are WRONG..IF you are ILLEGAL that means AGAINST THE LAW. What the hell is there to debate?

No. The broom is not. Personal experience speaks on this. Narrow-minded ignorance wil not help.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

There's plenty of jobs, what jobs are people willing to work. That's why so many illegals are employed they take what they can get.

In Tx they come here, and 8 of them will get one apartment and one vehicle and all get a job at the same place and save enough money to get out on their own.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Broom

Really? Try going to . Canada, Russia, Germany, Mexico, Freaking ANYWEAR without it..clearly you do NOT travel. U might want to get out sometime

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

?? Hehe.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

by the way they get free healthcare here really that's not cool if I went to their country I wouldn't get s*** frankly I wish them death on the doorstep we should NOT PAY for their healthcare

PERIOD! ¡

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Phage

The women would lie and say they were a one income household and ended up getting cheap housing, food stamps, medical...when in actuality they were above the poverty limit.
I don't suppose any legal citizens do that, do they?

They saved money here and seeing that our money was worth so much more in their own country, they would return and live a nice little lives for themselves.
So the OP should stay here and work then retire in Mexico. That's a much better idea.

And no, it does not take millions of illegals to work in fields and most illegals have moved beyond the fields and into many other areas of the workforce.
There must be a reason for that. The OP seems to want to blame the government for "allowing" it. Isn't it the fault of the employers who hire people without proper documentation? If they weren't hired there wouldn't be much point in them crossing the border, right? They couldn't enter the workforce.

Because people here legally have screwed the system, it's ok to add more to the list?? Yes the employers are indeed to blame and so is the government for allowing the employers to get away with it.

I respect you phage and feel bad arguing.
But to each his/her own I suppose.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join