It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osborne Unveils Tough New Rules For Jobless

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
osbourne and boris were trying to suck up to the Chinese yesterday on the news. I was cringing!!
They should stay at home and get their own house in order first. Idiots!!!

Sooner a general election the better!

h

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by happinness

yes i watched that i wonder how many chinese were thinking now it's payback time for the coc aine wars goes to show how bad the country is when they cannot raid the pension funds again and have to go cap in hand to china .

mind you all the under 25s that are going to be denied benefits can always dig the runway

and the favourite word on the j.s.a people's lips are SANTIONED even for 2 minutes late

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
A general election!
That would solve everything would it Happiness?
Words fail me.

Cocaine wars Geobro?
Perhaps you're thinking of Columbia ...

China certainly will remember the Opium Wars, and the enslavement of thousands of her people.
Opium now enslaves many of the descendants of the industrial barons who raped China, as well as our poor and homeless.
What goes around, comes around.

So suddenly there is much talk of Chinese "investment" in Britain.
Somehow the idea of anyone with even modest intelligence investing in America's bankrupt poodle is stretching things a bit.
So what's really going on .....?

Over the past few days I've heard on the news that China is investing £800,000,000 in Manchester Airport, with the intention of building an "Airport City." They apparently plan to build hotels offices and warehouses.
The place is already surrounded by hotels offices and warehouses .....
Have we already had this money, and are we now being forced to surrender some collateral ?
Were the Chinese offering money for airports, it would not be seen north of Heathrow, but if we were having to surrender an airport to pay a debt, a northern one would be the obvious choice, would it not ?

Also we have agreed on a nuclear building program -- the Chinese will be building us power stations for many years to come -- and we are locked into the deal even if we find a source of free power and don't need them.

Neither of these items seem to be regarded as newsworthy --- perhaps they are not trivial enough.
And I'm sure the Establishment doesn't want us to worry.

Anyone with a knowledge of history knows how suddenly change can overwhelm the most stable societies.
Without that awareness, we expect things to stay more or less as they are - that's basically what we are used to.
From what I read on this site, a history lesson is long overdue.

mistersmith.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

destination now
reply to post by Toadmund

All I can say to that is you have obviously never lived in my town, where it is a lifestyle choice to drink cheap cider, smoke weed and snort mkat...then proceed to make a nuisance of yourself, urinating in the street, fighting, shouting

I live right in the town centre and am witness to this everyday...my neighbour is the best example of this type of behaviour, in fact as I am typing this his mates are all congregated in the close, all shouting and swearing, waiting for him to "open for business" I know that when I walk out of my front door, there will be a pool of urine, cigarette ends, burger king bags, and sadly this scene is repeated all over my area and many other areas throughout the UK

It looks like according to the OPs article, your city will have a drug rehab clinic opening up pretty soon. That should open up a few jobs.

It saddens me to see y'all going through these issues though. We're seeing similar stuff here in the states, and I would be happy to see our unemployment go through some changes like this for people on long-term unemployment.

On the positive side, reading this thread with a UK accent in my mind, has brightened up my mood.
edit on 16-10-2013 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

We still control that, so far.

How did people forget that politicians are "elected" to office? If you don't vote for them they go home or take an in the know job with the company that bought their soul. Let those companies get stuck with enough of those soulless, greedy, back stabbing, mercenaries and they will go belly up in short order.

My mantra from here to the next election. "Hell no !" "No more government pros!" "Each and every one of them MUST go!" "Elect them out and shove them out the door ( 'mo' and 'doe', if you want it to rhyme)

You vote them in, you vote them out. No more then 2 terms for each and everybody! Keep them honest and representatives of their constituency. Remember we PAY them to work for us. We are not their slaves. They are not our Lords and masters. It is time we take the keys away from the brats and make them earn their keep.

Time to grow-up and be responsible citizens. No more lazy voting; just checking a box because the name is familiar because they have been in office for 20+ years or because he has bought up so much advertisement, his/her face and name is on every pen and milk carton. If you don't know the issues, post about it, you will get plenty input, and by the time you are finished you will be able to explain it to a 3 year old.

Come on people. It is an easy, bloodless way to start turning our country around. We have to start somewhere, and cleaning house is good place to start. Don't let the massive mess scare you off. When cleaning house you always make the mess bigger in the beginning but the finished results usually has you feeling good and beaming with pride.

"Hell no!". "No mo' pros!"

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It doesn't matter whether OS and BOS went to Timbucktoo, their intentions aren't for the good of this country or for the good of it's people. Only the super rich! Bos wants money for his floating airport for a start. He is so immature he wants to call it Boris Island. Bloody cheek!
They will quite happily concrete over this little place called the UK for money. China is ousing money and power at the moment, so it will be their first port of call. Embarrassing in my opinion and yes there should be a general election tomorrow to get these greedy, fat ignorant and arrogant pigs out!!!

h

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mistersmith

yes a GENERAL ELECTION!!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well since posting this thread I have had a bit of luck with jobseeking, albeit its only a temporary christmas job, still tho, after passing the online test, then passing the telephone interview I now have a second interview lined up for next week! It's just a sales advisor job but hopefully if I get my foot in the door and show that im a hard worker then they might keep me on in the future, or it may lead to another job, well fingers crossed anyhoo. Havent been a sales advisor since I was a teenager but beggars cant be choosers, especially the fact that where I live has one of the highest unemployment rates in the UK and Ireland.
edit on 16-10-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: typo

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Good for you in finding a new job. At least you have a foot in the door so to speak. All the best for the future for you

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Thanks
, hopefully I get the job lol. I'm scunnered applying for jobs and getting no reply.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The other side to this is the question of what the government is doing to prepare NGO's to take on a sudden flood of unemployed citizens who now, by law, have to "volunteer". It always sounds like a great, feel-good idea to create laws forcing people to do community service, but nobody talks about the other side of it. How are non-profits going to accommodate a huge flood of people with varying skills and abilities who now need to find a full-time volunteer placement? Is part of the plan to provide funds so that non-profits can adequately staff their volunteer offices with enough coordinators to manage the influx? It's not a simple as just "making" people do community service. These people have to processed and placed in a position that matches their skills, there needs to be a place for all of them, and someone has to manage them. How are is the government helping organizations prepare? I would bet they're not, and now service organizations all over the country are going be overwhelmed with a bunch of applications from people they have no ability to accommodate.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I know, you can put stamped addressed envelopes so that they can reply but they still don't anyway. Used to be you could leqve a job on a Friday and start a new one on the Monday...happy days

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What some unemployed do with all that time they have on their hands, feckless is what they are (not).

"All in this together:" Are benefits ever a lifestyle choice? by Dole Animators

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

THIS IS BUNK!!!

There is an obvious alternative.

Pack you bags and go to the oil sands in Canada.

They are awash with jobs.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by abacus10

yeah because I have the air fare just laying around.

I can barely afford to sustain myself, how can I save for a an airfare to canada, not to mention skill set,visa requirements, housing etc
edit on 17-10-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Lady_Tuatha

yeah because I have the air fare just laying around.

I can barely afford to sustain myself, how can I save for a an airfare to canada, not to mention skill set,visa requirements, housing etc
edit on 17-10-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

If you are that much of a defeatist, then, yes, surely, you deserve the whipping that you are on your way to receive.

If I can, so can you. Jobs in tour operators are mega-low paid but would give you access to Canada where you could switch horses.
edit on 17-10-2013 by abacus10 because: Pressed enter too soon

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Actually no I cant, what part of barely able to sustain myself did you not understand? hardly able to move half way across the world to a country I know very little about with no support network over there.

Deserve a whipping i am about to receive? naw thanks
I doubt it will come to that.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Lady_Tuatha
Well since posting this thread I have had a bit of luck with jobseeking, albeit its only a temporary christmas job, still tho, after passing the online test, then passing the telephone interview I now have a second interview lined up for next week! It's just a sales advisor job but hopefully if I get my foot in the door and show that im a hard worker then they might keep me on in the future, or it may lead to another job, well fingers crossed anyhoo. Havent been a sales advisor since I was a teenager but beggars cant be choosers, especially the fact that where I live has one of the highest unemployment rates in the UK and Ireland.
edit on 16-10-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: typo

Congratulations.

I'm really pleased for you and i wish you every success. It's only the first step on the ladder but hopefully, it will be the first step of a long and fulfilling journey.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Lady_Tuatha

Actually no I cant, what part of barely able to sustain myself did you not understand?

...The bit about why you allow laziness, narrow mindedness and lack of imagination threaten your existence and starve you of resources. I realise that an inability to get off your butt is a major handicap, but if you can't pay the rent its not just you who is suffering.

hardly able to move half way across the world to a country I know very little about

Do you seriously need someone to explain to you how to look up "CANADA" on the Internet work? Or are you such a lazyitis basket-case that you can't open a library book?

with no support network over there.

Are you really such a Triple A rated scrounging, entitlement-riddled cripple that you can' go anywhere without "a support network" of psychiatrists, social workers and fat handouts from the welfare system?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

abacus10

Lady_Tuatha

Are you really such a Triple A rated scrounging, entitlement-riddled cripple that you can' go anywhere without "a support network" of psychiatrists, social workers and fat handouts from the welfare system?

I think you should stop beating around the bush and just say what you really think!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join