It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osborne Unveils Tough New Rules For Jobless

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

happinness
reply to post by uncommitted

Why should we the public be made to feel guilty when this bloody government are determined to keep putting the boot in. I have never liked children in need. I cringe when I see these rich celebrities making fools of themselves and patronising everyone. If they all coughed up, including all these politician's, then we wouldn't have to suffer CIN.

So they make the cuts and then ask for it back in a nutshell. I'm not even blaming the charities, but people like cam make little cameo appearance's on programmes like that and I find it very insulting.

I work for a charity and I took a pay cut as soon as the coalition got in. They couldn't wait to ask us to have a pay cut. This is meant to be a charity and they blamed the government. If I was the chief exec, I would have said NO bollocks!!! My staff are the best and we want to hold on to them. They did it in a very clever way, just trimmed off a pound off of our hourly rate. Suffice to say most of us are still there.

When we had a Labour government a certain Politician was duped by a charity and lost millions of tax payers money. The tories should get their snout out and try and retrieve that!!!

hx

Not sure what your point is. How exactly does the government tell a charity how much to pay its workers? Ah well, nothing like unbiased thinking.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

So lemme see if I understand you. You are leaching off those people who actually have jobs, and you're upset that you will be forced to actually work for those benefits. That about right?
I have zero sympathy for you. Why wouldn't you want to contribute your time for the free bennies you're getting? Oh...you, like all other leaches, think the free cash should roll in as long ad you're filling out applications for an hour a day huh??
You claim there are no jobs. You are flat out lying. The problem is that you aren't willing to downgrade. You assume that your qualifications are such that you shouldn't have to settle working a cash register or flip a burger.

Rather than just sitting home and sending out resumes, why not try to find a way to seperate yourself from the pack instead of whining about how you just can't compete with the hundreds of other applicants?
Go pick up trash for your benefits...at the least, you'll feel better about yourself for being a leach on the system.

This isn't a personal attack, I just have no pity on someone whining that they'll have to actually WORK for the freebies they're getting from the rest of us....that ARE working.

Be a part of the solution, not the problem.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

The best advice I can give you to prevent this terrible, terrible kick in the teeth to your psyche is to get a job.

You want free money though, right? No strings attached, right?

Hey, I know! Make yourself believe that doing something like picking up trash is a job that you are doing for money.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorchio

Thank you for your reply. Again I state it is not an us and them. Every time you turn on the radio or news there are news feed vilifying the common man. This is state produced propaganda to rally the masses against the poor so that they can justify paying people a couple of pounds an hour to clean the streets or whatever.

How in hell can the politicians be bold enough to try and blame these people for the state the country is in. The treasure chest is empty and that is not the fault of the common man. It is the fault of the politicians and bankers. So why in good name are people justifying the creation of an underclass to sort the problem out. If anyone should be out on the streets paying back to the country sweeping the streets and wearing daft caps it should be the greedy politicians and bankers. How many bankers have been arrested in the UK for crashing the economy...?

Granted there are some people that will not get off their butts and do anything but that is the minority most people on benefit do not want to live on state handouts. It is not a life style choice it is poverty and poverty is a form of state produced economic violence.

Now if I was receiving state benefit I would be happy to do something to do something to earn what I have been given and I am sure a lot of other people would too. Helping in an old peoples home for a couple of evenings a week or clearing paths in woodlands..what ever. This is not the same as making people work for thirty hours and paying them pittance. This is a form of punishment the same type of punishment they often give to light offenders in the remit of community service..

The people of the UK are perfectly capable of protesting if the mood arises. The UK has a long history of civil disobedience and it is an integral part of a healthy democratic system. Remember the Poll Tax riots that was not so long ago.

We have all been battered in life trying to help people. That does not mean you should give up. Dont loose your faith in people and humanity. You are a person yourself too..

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This is awesome. No one should get a free ride if they are able to work. When the economies were booming we could afford these handouts. This is not conscripted labor. They will receive a check. This money comes from the employed by theft of wages. I am all for this!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Monteriano

What you say would make sense IF enough jobs existed for all the unemployed.

Sadly, they don't.

So your plan to remove unemployed people from your environs is..........?

100% employment is never going to happen and if it were 'expected' or 'forced' everyone should become highly suspicious of how it was going to be achieved.

Remember, these ideas are coming from people who 1) get their wages and 2) then get all their living expenses and extra homes paid for by the taxpayer.

So, who exactly is scrounging?

Sometimes, one can't help but wonder if the kettle is calling the pot 'black'.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

We're currently in a recession. The bad news is that it's not going to end. But it will stabilize. This means that things won't get any better, but eventually they'll stop getting worse.

It's important that people realise how this has come about. First of all, people should realise that the UK is bankrupt and it has been for many years. Successive governments have been constantly borrowing money, primarily from the Bank of England. Contrary to popular belief, the BOE doesn't belong to the country, it belongs to shareholders. No-one knows who these shareholders are because our government passed an act which guarantees them anonymity. But i think we can all hazard an accurate guess as to their identities.

When we borrow from the BOE, we pay a huge interest rate. And because we have no gold or silver, the people of this country are used as collateral. We're assessed on past and future earnings. Thus, the more people we have, the more we can borrow.

We boomed under Labour as a result of mass immigration. We had more people so we could borrow more money. Unfortunately, these new people needed housing, feeding and jobs, and the taxpayer paid for it. The money that Labour borrowed from the BOE was largely wasted and stolen. Remember the MP's expenses scandal? Once that money was gone, we then busted!

As things stand, we haven't even paid the interest on the BOE loan yet, let alone the loan itself. In addition, we still have all of these people whom we invited into our country who need to be kept. Labour really landed us in the poo, so much so that when we were awarded the Olympic Games, we couldn't afford it. We had no money and we couldn't get an extension on our BOE loan. So the Tory government issued bonds, sold them to investors and rely on the taxpayers to pay out on them. Thus, the Tories landed us in it too.

All of this could have been avoided if we'd have issued our own money, instead of relying on the BOE to issue fiat money. But the government won't do it. Instead, they continually pay huge fees to the BOE to issue currency. And the amount of taxpayers money being syphoned out of the country via the BOE is offensive. Economically, we're now at a point where we need to be counting coppers. And if you want the answer as to why The British Empire, the greatest empire this world has ever seen, has fallen so far, then look no further at the people who have led us. Because these people have an amazing amount in common.

David Cameron: Couldn't even get a conservative candidacy. Eventually stood for Stafford and lost. Moved to Tory safe seat of Witney and won. In 6 years as an MP, he achieved nothing of note but was then elected leader of the party.

Gordon Brown: Lost his first first election for Edinburgh South, and was moved to the new seat of Dunfermline East in 1983. Won this election. Brown served as MP for Dunfermline East from 1983 - 2005, when he retired. The constituency of Dunfermline East existed 1983 - 2005, when it was dissolved.

Tony Blair: Failed rock promoter. Lost his first election for the Beaconsfield seat. Moved to Labour safe seat of Sedgefield an won. 7 years later, having achieved nothing, he is elected leader of the party.

John Major: Lost first election for St Pancras North. Moved to Tory safe seat of Huntingdonshire and won. Achieved very little within the party and was elected leader 11 years later.

Do you see the pattern? All of these were failed politicians who were suddenly moved to safe seats that they could win. They then bided their time until elected leader of their party, having shown nothing which suggested any leadership qualities. And you don't need to be a brain surgeon to figure out that these 'leaders' are serving their paymasters and not the people of Great Britain.

So i'm now asking again, who is prepared to get off their backsides and do something about it? But this time i've learned that words are cheap. I want to see action. And a good start would be showing that people are prepared to do something for their fellow man. A good start would be picking up litter for the people who pay the benefits.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by uncommitted

its called funding .. or lack of!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by happinness

You are of course aware that following the second world war we were flat broke and if you factor in the inflation we were actually worse off by far than we are now and yet we were able to implement a welfare state, Indeed we were so heavily in debt to the United states that our constant payment boyed there economy into the number one place it enjoyed on the world stage until relatively recently - we needed them or we would have lost without a doubt and a great many of there fine young men died for us and out freedom so let's remember why it is a special relationship as they are bonded to us in blood spilt together fighting for that freedom.

Government's do not go into parliament with a ready pot of cash they raise there revenue from Taxation which can leave a surplus of cash for the next government but not alway's.

For the past thirty years I have seen the newspapers and the media bullied or bought up by the right wing international investors whom wish to turn this island into there personal rich boy's club complete with cheap servant's so think again.

Not to go on about the sin's of the previous four government's but when cameron took power it was made evident within the first quarter that he was taking orders from his subordinate Osbourn and his master at the CBI ( A non elected members only wealthy business club which acts as a corporated lobby group ).

He almost immediately cancelled the 50p in the pound tax at a time when the country needed it and is about cutting the welfare state (Read abolishing it) in order to grant further generous tax cut's to the wealthy 1 percent at the top while the cost of living is skyrocketing for the rest of us.

His work for benefit's system is merely a ploy to provide a counter to the potential loss of foreign workers if we pull out of the EU which is looking exceedingly likely and I am in favour of (these same workers also pay non or very little tax while burdening our welfare system which if you read the original establishment act it is most certainly not intended for so the EU can sling it's hook) and this will in turn endanger the job security of full time employees as there is no way he can work all the unemployed in public job's as he simply does not have the infrastructure in place so expect an anouncement of partners in business providing places for these people (read serfdom/slavery). People without secure job's do not tale loans and his bedroom tax was a poorly veiled plan to free up accomodation for the CBI wet dream of cheap foreign labour and screw the Tax they arent paying as thay intend to dith the majority of the cost's anyway by abolishing the welfare state, removing workers right's and denying them access to legal assistance.

You have just whitnessed the end of our nation as a proud place to live by the time honoured betrayal of the upper echelons of greed and infamy.

As a christian I work and pay my tax's, I don't like scroungers yet here is the power of propeganda and your own disbelief will show this after the media conditioning you have recieved, the official estimate based on the best information is 0.6 percent are fiddling there benefit's - check it out.
Whilest I believe it to be higher not that much higher, some do moonlight and do a bit of unsteady and irregular work they can not depend on cash in hand and yes this is dishonest and should be dealt with more severely.

We have been betrayed as a people and a nation by the greed of the elite whom are not fit to be our leaders and I will go to my grave believing this what about yourselves

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
President Roosevelt got the legislation to create the CCC, Civilian Conservation Corps, and WPA, Works Progress Administration. The former cleared land, help create the national park system, and learned how to operate equipment. While getting paid a decent wage, some of it required to be sent home or saved, housing, food and clothing. The latter built bridges, public buildings, infrastructure, much of which like the national parks and forest systems, still in use today. People learn skills, and earned money for doing real work, not picking up litter and garbage. The entire Society benefited from the labor and construction. Of course, a lot of corporations got all huffed up. After all, government employment meant no profitable contracts for private companies. Privatizing government operations is another form of private interests getting access to and looting the Public Treasury.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Trust me, we were bankrupt long before WWII.

With regards to our 'friendship' with the US; The US people are our friends but their government certainly isn't. We had lost WWI by 1916. It was only the intervention of the US that saved us. But it wasn't out of friendship, it was about greed. Check out the Balfour Declaration and you'll see why the US elite agreed to enter the war.

Similarly with WWII, Roosevelt stated that the US would not get involved. But Roosevelt agreed to intervene in Europe on the condition that the British Empire would be dismantled. This benefitted the US in that they no longer had to bow to the UK when making their trade agreements. Again, this was done to benefit the elite, not the UK and not the US people.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Elliot
What you say would make sense IF enough jobs existed for all the unemployed.

Sadly, they don't.

Thing is - there are vacancies and labour shortages in some part of the country where jobs are being filled by immigrants from Poland and beyond. There are also black-spots in the country with high unemployment.

Methinks that part of the problem are people stubbornly resisting relocating to get a job, content to sit it out in unemployment black-spots whining-on. There is a culture in the UK which wants everything served on a silver platter. It has become a take, take, take culture. A culture where people think it's a human right to do nothing and be paid for it.

Regards

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
About bloody time.....why should the hard workers of the country endlessly pay for the bone idle can't be arsed ones!!
Its like a bank giving out free money......people should work irrespective for state benefits, the only ones that will be anti this are the feeloading layabout non contributors who claim it.

The only people exempt should be due to age, mental or serious physical disabilities.
Bout bloody time the government cracked down on these people.

edit on 2-10-2013 by tigercat1971 because: typo

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tigercat1971

I think that's a tad unfair. There really isn't a lot about on the work front and not all unemployed are layabouts and scroungers.

But i do agree that the long term unemployed should be made to do something to benefit the taxpayers.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

imasheep

So lemme see if I understand you. You are leaching off those people who actually have jobs, and you're upset that you will be forced to actually work for those benefits. That about right?
I have zero sympathy for you. Why wouldn't you want to contribute your time for the free bennies you're getting? Oh...you, like all other leaches, think the free cash should roll in as long ad you're filling out applications for an hour a day huh??
You claim there are no jobs. You are flat out lying. The problem is that you aren't willing to downgrade. You assume that your qualifications are such that you shouldn't have to settle working a cash register or flip a burger.

Rather than just sitting home and sending out resumes, why not try to find a way to seperate yourself from the pack instead of whining about how you just can't compete with the hundreds of other applicants?
Go pick up trash for your benefits...at the least, you'll feel better about yourself for being a leach on the system.

This isn't a personal attack, I just have no pity on someone whining that they'll have to actually WORK for the freebies they're getting from the rest of us....that ARE working.

Be a part of the solution, not the problem.

You obviously haven't read through my replies in this thread before spouting your woefully wrong assessment of me, if you had then you would have read what I posted earlier which was that I have applied for every job I have seen going, that includes cleaning jobs, domestic jobs, dishwashing jobs etc to no avail!! It is unreal how out of touch with reality you appear to be! where I am there is not enough jobs to go around! that is not a lie, the staff in recruitment agencies and the job centre I go to agree with this! I have worked since the age of sixteen and would love nothing more than to have a job!! I have paid my fair share of taxes to be entitled to jobseekers allowance when our government has screwed up so badly that this is the position me and a lot like me are left in!

It is so easy for people like you to berate others when you obviously know nothing about the situation! Your views would soon change if you found yourself out of work like I did. here's hoping eh

Im done responding to you now, not wasting anymore of my time justifying myself to arrogant folk like you when I know that I haven't done anything wrong,

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Reading through this thread it's re-assuring to see that so many of my fellow countrymen are so compassionate and caring towards the needy and most vulnerable in our society.

If the views expressed by many here are indicative of the nation as a whole surely it's only a matter of time till we reach our former glory's.

Our grandfathers etc would be disgusted if they could see what we have done with all the advances and benefits they gained for us at such a high cost.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Some of our ancestors spent their entire lives working in mines. I doubt they would have too much sympathy for people who want the benefits that our society offers but aren't prepared to contribute anything in return.

edit on 2-10-2013 by Scorchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It is a tough place and one I have known twice in my life — jobless that is and years apart in my commercial experience of life. I disagree as there are plenty of good jobs going but the situation is that it is an employer's market and the volume of applicants has risen exponentially over the last few years. Employers can really pick and choose who they want now, but the key is developing a transferable skill set somehow.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Scorchio

Some of our ancestors spent their entire lives working in mines.

And they fought and worked so that future generations wouldn't have to toil in such servitude.

I doubt they would have too much sympathy for people who the benefits that our society offers but aren't prepared to contribute to it.

I don't think anyone disputes that there is a minority on benefits who chose to do so as a lifestyle choice - and that is totally unacceptable - but the vast majority are there out of necessity.
Demonising and vilifying the many for the choices of a few may sit easy with you but it disgusts me.

I guess some people won't be happy until we see the return of workhouses and debtors prisons etc?

With the wealth in this country we should be moving forward towards a progressive and caring society where ingenuity, enterprise and sheer bloody hard work are rewarded whilst caring for those less fortunate - instead we are regressing to a 'me first' society which strives to maintain the privilege of the few at the expense of the majority.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I don't know where you get the idea that we have wealth in this country. The country is on it's arse. There is a very small minority that has everything and the rest of us don't have enough.

I'm still waiting for a good reason why the unemployed in this country cannot support the employed by doing work that benefits our community.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join