It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran always just about to have a nuke

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Year after year we always hear that Iran is just months away from getting a nuke yet they never actually build one. Mike Rivero mentions this on his radio show quite a bit. Here's a video that takes news headlines for more than 10 years that proves the point.

Who is actually pushing this fear year after year?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Israel has been crying this for over three decades now and still no bomb. They have had more inspections than any nation on the planet and still no evidence of a bomb. This bomb only exists in the mind of Netanyahu and the people dumb enough to believe him.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Indeed... Iran has had many inspections. Usually limited and often restricted with one location being of most interest. Parchin. That, by nature of being a military nuclear site, is off limits to the UN teams by the existing agreements, which don't cover strictly military installations for the purpose.

I think I've been pretty open in saying I don't believe Iran is or really ever has been trying to make a nuclear warhead of the thermonuclear kind. That they do have military work of a nuclear nature going on, and being put out of sight from the world is a matter of public record though.

The site is too small and it's not one of a chain of locations I think would need to be seen to have a true and robust nuclear program running for warheads. Yet...It exists and it's working away on something. Propulsion reactors? EMP technology? Something totally new and not even weapons related in nature? (offensive anyway)... Who knows.

That's kinda the problem. Who knows is the best that can be said....and I'll agree at this point (with Syria coming off it's slime stock) that Israel needs to declare it's weapons and join everyone else at the adult table of the Nuclear Club.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Seeing as how they do have a military nuclear program, I think the most likely thing they would be trying to produce is a bomb. The two sort of go together. Maybe they just don't have the industrial capacity to produce one yet. eta 2020

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by primalfractal

You would think so...and it might seem logical ...except, to look closely at it? I don't believe there is any logic to it. Nuclear threat has to be viable to be usable. It's VERY viable for the US and Russia. Both nations are vast and can each survive the worst the other can throw. Oh, not survive in a way much worth having...but no General ever seems to seriously entertain the idea they'll be the worst case scenario...So Nukes work as a threat and have since the late 40's to keep Major world powers at peace. I think it's one of the longest stretches that has been true for centuries, for that matter.

I looked at this in a very fact based way though ( The case against a Nuclear Armed Iran ) and unless Iran would seriously contemplate holding a major world power at direct risk (They aren't THAT big or THAT well armed, even in possible super secret, IMO.. The sheer raw material hasn't moved to support the industrial that would require to back it), then Iran would have nowhere to credibly threaten to use their nukes.

If Iran nukes Israel, as I discovered....and the media never really gives a good sense of? Israel is so SMALL a place, and everything so overlapped and mixed between Muslim and Jew for sacred sites and sacred meaning? A nuke anywhere will have the Sunni Muslims declaring total and unconditional war upon Tehran, with or without the West. It'll be far past anything the West is even thinking about...once that happened.

Iran isn't Iraq. They aren't that foolish, IMO.

(I read back over that old thread ..and everything there is still relevant for concerns.. Nothing really has changed over time.)
edit on 29-9-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

North Korea has shown that a nuclear armed nation makes you one of the "big boys". By that I mean other nations sit up and take notice of you giving you far more respect than they had previously prior to nuclear weapons. It also had afforded it another layer of deterrent allowing it to attack South Korean military targets with no repercussions.

For a history lesson, we wouldn't even know about Iran's nuclear program if it wasn't disclosed by Iranian Opposition groups and the pressure brought on Iran to finally disclose that they had a covert program.

As you have stated Iran continues to block access to the locations of most interest to the IAEA inspectors. There is sattelite evidence of area wide "clean up" involving moving of all the topsoil in the area as well as demolition and removal of buildings suspected of being part of the nuclear program.

Even now, IAEA inspectors do not have the ability to go to any suspected sites, just those disclosed by Iran. That leaves many unanswered questions about how far along and the scope of their nuclear program. For example, the IAEA can only monitor and verify the amounts of enrichment at said disclosed sites, they would have no way of knowing of any hidden enrichment sites and their output.

Add on top of this evidence that Iran was researching and getting to the blueprint stage of explosive configurations for what can only be for the detonation of a nuclear warhead on a ballistic missile, I think we have more than enough evidence to not take the Iranians at their word.

We need to VERIFY that Iran doesn't have a military nuclear program, not take their word about it. I don't trust the Iranians at their word. Their new leader, Hassan Rouhani, was their TOP person in nuclear negotiations. While he talks a good talk, I will have to see concrete changes in how Iran conducts itself in order to diffuse this situation. Remember, we were talking at the start of 2013 of possible US/Israeli strike on Iran in NOVEMBER 2013 over the Nuclear issue. The clock is still ticking, there should be that stick to go along with any carrots as we proceed in exploring if there can be a political solution to this.

One could contend that Rouhani is the perfect person to give Iran a few more years of breathing room it need to finalize it's nuclear ambitions. You only have to look at North Korea to see that the delay, negotiate, delay, negotiate routine works.

I hope I am wrong about Rouhani, but even the most moderate of Iranian politicians isn't someone we can probably strike meaningful deals with that assure Iran doesn't become a Nuclear armed nation.

I will not believe the hype, so me proof that Iran is willing to be totally transparent about it's military nuclear weapons ambitions.

edit on 29-9-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

North Korea is run by a megalomaniac and one of the purest examples of a 'cult of personality' which exists to see in the world today. As far as that goes, Saddam had tried to run Iraq in a similar way for total control and influence by his force of will alone. While brutal beyond belief in many ways, it works in the DPRK and worked in Iraq.

Iran isn't run by one man or even 2. They do have a multi-branch Government and one sitting not that far off our own, actually. It operates that way, to this day. So I don't compare the two at all.

Now if you're familiar with UN reports, you'll know that one from the Bush years actually claimed proof of weapons grade material having been present in a location in Iran. If that were true...that long ago? Iran already has weapons and probably more than enough. That would be an even stronger reason, by your own logic, to stop pushing.

I just don't buy that they've even really gone that direction. They're a sovereign nation though, and no one appointed anyone else King of the world to demand anything from a fellow nation unless taken at gunpoint. That's how it's been happening lately, too.

Unless Iran becomes an outward threat by more than implication of their statements, innuendo and rumor? I don't take them as one outside of desperate defense from a corner. If pushed, yeah, then I do see them as a major threat. Still not nuclear though...and that's just me.

The threat has been put forward FAR too many times over the years now. Far too many, as the OP notes.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It is a dog and pony show to cover for tech transfer between our countries. Exact same thang was done during the cold war w the soviets.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

buster2010
Israel has been crying this for over three decades now and still no bomb. They have had more inspections than any nation on the planet and still no evidence of a bomb. This bomb only exists in the mind of Netanyahu and the people dumb enough to believe him.
The bomb is NOT in thier minds, Netanyahu and ALL Israeli leadrs know/knew Iran doesn't have-want a nuke, they are/were just lying, I'll try and find the 69-70 French Magazine were the P.M. of the Israelis ADMITTS they (Israelis started the 1967 "6 day war") But they always make themselves "look" like the victims.
edit on 29-9-2013 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

pavil

North Korea has shown that a nuclear armed nation makes you one of the "big boys". By that I mean other nations sit up and take notice of you giving you far more respect than they had previously prior to nuclear weapons. It also had afforded it another layer of deterrent allowing it to attack South Korean military targets with no repercussions.

Russia and certain European Nations/U.S.A. have Nano tech explosives, it won't be that difficult for Iran & others to develop they're own once you do that you can have regular size warheads that give off nuke size explosions, there for eliminating the need of nukes, if I can figure this out don't you think the military planers of said nations HAVE????

For a history lesson, we wouldn't even know about Iran's nuclear program if it wasn't disclosed by Iranian Opposition groups and the pressure brought on Iran to finally disclose that they had a covert program.

1. When did it become EVERY SINGLE COUNTRIES "OBLIGATION" to declare they are having a peaceful nuke program, I want dates of when these laws were written AND which Nations signed them.?

2. Those opp-groups are Zionist/C.I.A./MI6 groups trained/paid to say "Iran is developing Nukes to wipe out other countries boo hoo hoo!!." so they are a "conflict of interest" groups so you can;t use them as "evidence"

As you have stated Iran continues to block access to the locations of most interest to the IAEA inspectors. There is sattelite evidence of area wide "clean up" involving moving of all the topsoil in the area as well as demolition and removal of buildings suspected of being part of the nuclear program.

The world is sink and tired of hearing the same ol Mossad/C.I.A./MI6 Lies about "alleged" sat-images of clean up, atrocities, same lies said about Serbia/Iraq/Syria, show us 1080p sat videos, that last 8-9 hours clearly showing the "clean-up" from the first bulldozer coming on site till the "peak" clean up times, till the end, so we have no doubts, not some "images" that can/has been edited, your argument is OLD tired and we're not believing it anymore, you loose the argument.

edit on 29-9-2013 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSWATCHER

No sense in debating since you would not admit my evidence into the debate.

Facts remain. Iran did not disclose its nuclear program to the world till faced with overwhelming evidence. Trying to say otherwise just shows your agenda.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

pavil

Facts remain. Iran did not disclose its nuclear program to the world till faced with overwhelming evidence. Trying to say otherwise just shows your agenda.

As I knew people like you would not figure out what I was saying, I'll repeat it again, for you:
When/where did the world sign a law/agreement saying "When ever we try and develop, Nuclear power, we will disclose it to the world."???????

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

pavil

Evidence? Let's get one thing straight, THEY DON"T HAVE TO DECLARE ANYTHING. They are a sovereign nation.

When the US and Russia start destroying their multiple thousands of war heads then they can get up and take the moral high ground. Until then they should mind their own damn business and STFU.

I would not be surprised if Iran has a few tactical nukes for defense and quite frankly, I hope they do. They may need them when the US tries to come marching in.

The US sits there denouncing Iran while their best buddies, Israel, have a few hundred undeclared warheads ready to launch. This level of hypocrisy makes me sick and bloody angry!

P

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

ATSWATCHER

I'll repeat it again, for you:
When/where did the world sign a law/agreement saying "When ever we try and develop, Nuclear power, we will disclose it to the world."???????

NPT

Or is that not good enough?
edit on 30-9-2013 by pavil because: (can't get phone to do links)

edit on 30-9-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
If the US is allowed to have nuclear weapons, then Iran is allowed to have nuclear weapons. Who are Israel and the US to tell any other country what weapons they are allowed to have? Which countries on this planet routinely attack other countries? I'll give you a hint. They are nuclear armed. The US attacked another country with the second and third nuclear devices that they ever produced. The US is in no position to tell another country it cannot have nuclear weapons.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

pavil

ATSWATCHER

NPT

Iran is in compliance with the NPT. If they decide to leave it, they will announce it.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

2ndFUTURE
Year after year we always hear that Iran is just months away from getting a nuke yet they never actually build one. Mike Rivero mentions this on his radio show quite a bit. Here's a video that takes news headlines for more than 10 years that proves the point.

Who is actually pushing this fear year after year?

thanks for the post 2nd

an illegal created 'little country' néeds an [invented] archenemy - iran - to let it appear that this little country is "Gods country - threatened by satan"....no ?

that s your answer

regards,

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

pavil

ATSWATCHER

NPT

As I knew people like you would NOT get what I'm saying, I'll repeat it again, (AND NO IT'S NOT GOOD AT ALL, LET ALONE "ENOUGH")

Where is the LAW that EVERY Nation signed saying when we develop nuclear power stations for nuclear power NOT (Nuclear weapons) we agree to disclose it to the world.
To make it easier, to understand, the NPT was about "non-nuke making weapons agreement", what I'm talking about, is long before the NPT, just for (nuclear energy) when did the said Governments sign saying "We will disclose", the "NPT is NOT about "Nuke Energy", it's about "NOT making Nuke weapons in exchange for nuke energy" (aka "Peace-full purposes), If before the NPT was created, the said nations got together and signed a law saying Even for "peaceful purposes" making Nuclear Energy, "we agree on dis-closer." then yes Iran is violating the agreement, but the NPT is NOT about that, it's about not making Nuke weapons, "in-exchange" for nuke energy, why do you think U.S.A/U.K./France NEVER announce to the U.N. every time they build a nuke power-plant on their soil. It's all semantics with these NWO pushers, that's how they deceive people like you to believe Nations like Iran are hiding Nuke weapons programs.

Now do you get what I was talking about????????
edit on 1-10-2013 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
For the last 20 years or more they have been "months" away from a nuclear weapon. Even its own government laughs at this blunder.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

You are being obtuse. Obviously there has been questions on Exactly what Iran's nuclear program is. As a signor of the NPT, Iran was found in non-compliance with its NPT safeguards agreement. Specifically it failed to declare it's Uranium enrichment program at all. There were also other non-compliance issues with the NPT in regards to safeguard agreements ect.

The NPT just doesn't say "Hey I can make nuclear power without safeguards in place that are not verifiable by the IAEA". Iran has had a history of non-disclosure and according to the IAEA, hasn't met the threshold of verification needed to exclude the possibility of military dimensions to Iran's nuclear program.

As a signer of the NPT, Iran has obligations it has NOT met.

Obviously you read the NPT differently than the IAEA, UN and Security Council. Otherwise Iran would not be facing the punitive actions it has.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join