It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Jesse Ventura, Howard Stern Set For 2016 Presidential Run

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

I think you may have missed the boat on how our Govt. is supposed to be run.

The founding fathers never intended, and actually spoke out against people being career politicians. The point is for regular every day Americans to do a term or two in office, in hopes of making the country a better place because they care.

They did not intend for people to spend 20 - 30 years in office and grow fat and wealthy from being diplomats.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Scorchio
This is quite laughable really.

I can't believe how many people dislike Howard Stern because of his radio persona. You realise that he's just playing a role, right? You realise that he's just giving the listening public what they want? It's a bit like being in trouble and asking Tom Cruise to help out because you can't differentiate between him and Jack Reacher.

Hmmm. Your post along with others that said the same thing have given me food for thought.

I initially would not want to have Stern as the side man because of his radio topics....

So I thought of Art Bell. Did he represent the topics and believe in them?
LOL, Not at all.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
When Jesse Ventura or Howard Stern become serious presidential candidates you know the country is fed up with both the democrats and republicans.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Last I read, Ventura gave up his American citizenship and went to Belize and in less than a year or so in Belize, he got arrested (something to do with a next door neighbor dealing drugs) and for some odd reason our US embassey was getting him free. I wondered why our embassey would bother if he had indeed renounced citizenship.

So, whether those reports were true or false or even half true ... Jesse is like a poison apple in politics now. I don't see how he can even attempt a semi-successful run.

edit on 29/9/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

From what i've heard, he's been living in Mexico for a while and was looking to apply for duel citizenship.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Daedalus
might be some kind of misguided reverence for politicians..

i'd rather have regular folks in the white house...maybe then, we get an executive branch that remembers that it represents the people and not corporate interests...

Why can't more people think this way ? It's not a stretch for common sense to come to such a solution.

Thank you for your input

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

watchitburn
reply to post by Restricted

I think you may have missed the boat on how our Govt. is supposed to be run.

The founding fathers never intended, and actually spoke out against people being career politicians. The point is for regular every day Americans to do a term or two in office, in hopes of making the country a better place because they care.

They did not intend for people to spend 20 - 30 years in office and grow fat and wealthy from being diplomats.

Amen.

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Can't be worse than Carnival Cruz and whoever decides to run with him...hell at this point the GOP is better off nominating one of the three stooges

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I am a 20 year fan of stern, and I also generally like Ventura but this is a joke. When this was brought up nearly a year ago stern laughed it off, I really doubt anything has changed. Stern has no intention of being vp or any desire to be. The only reason he would go along with this on any level would be for self promotion, but I don't think he even desires that anymore. When he ran for governor of New York it was for self promotion and he pulled out before the election, but he actually did get some issues into the campaign so it was not a complete waste.

Ventura is not serious either, he has no desire to be president. He just thinks this kind of campaign would be fun and might get a message out that our politics as usual is not remotely working.

Even if they were serious they would have zero chance, Ventura will only run independent and the sad truth is the majority of voters are programmed to vote for their team (r/d) not the person.

No one in their right mind should want to be president in 2016, if the economy has not completely collapsed by then it will be imminent and the next president will get most of the blame even though they will deserve almost none of it.

edit on 29-9-2013 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Restricted
reply to post by Daedalus

I'm not interested in debating deliberate ignorance. It is typical of the kind of mentality that elected the current leadership. If it were left up to you we would elect far more incompetent leadership than we already have.

I'd swear you're members of that league which is interested in nothing other than seeing this country crash and burn.

i'll have you know i didn't vote for the current administration.

way to make sweeping generalizations, and assumptions.....who's being deliberately ignorant again?

you don't wanna have an intelligent discussion, that's fine. have fun being ignored by everyone...

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Jesse, yes

Stern, no, he is a shock jock, and not up to the job. Love his radio show, but dont want to see him running the country, sorry.

Please tell me Ventura isnt running with Howard on the ticket.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

openminded2011

Jesse, yes

Stern, no, he is a shock jock, and not up to the job. Love his radio show, but dont want to see him running the country, sorry.

And you consider yourself open minded ? Really ?

Honestly?

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If Jesse Ventura and Howard Stern run in 2016, it will be a good thing for electoral politics in America. I don't think they have a hope of getting elected but they will shake things up considerably.

Long time fans of Howard are only too familiar with his personality and its peculiarities. But I ask you, is Howard Stern more peculiar than George W. Bush? Is Howard Stern more peculiar than Richard Nixon? Is Howard Stern more peculiar than Bill Clinton?

I would say no. Howard differs from people that America has elected in the past, not in psychological peculiarity, but in honesty about it.

Unlike most people that America has elected in the past, Howard is honest. America usually prefers a slick liar. America would like a slick, churchy liar, who will confirm them in all of their self delusions.

I think, for that reason alone, Howard is unelectable. He's not a dishonest liar. America wants and loves a dishonest liar. If you're not a smiling, lying con man, you don't stand a chance in American politics.

I welcome a Ventura/Stern candidacy. America needs it.

And another thing. Don't underestimate Howard Stern on anything related to financial matters.
edit on 29-9-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

proximo
I am a 20 year fan of stern, and I also generally like Ventura but this is a joke. When this was brought up nearly a year ago stern laughed it off, I really doubt anything has changed. Stern has no intention of being vp or any desire to be. The only reason he would go along with this on any level would be for self promotion, but I don't think he even desires that anymore. When he ran for governor of New York it was for self promotion and he pulled out before the election, but he actually did get some issues into the campaign so it was not a complete waste.

Ventura is not serious either, he has no desire to be president. He just thinks this kind of campaign would be fun and might get a message out that our politics as usual is not remotely working.

Even if they were serious they would have zero chance, Ventura will only run independent and the sad truth is the majority of voters are programmed to vote for their team (r/d) not the person.

No one in their right mind should want to be president in 2014, if the economy has not completely collapsed by then it will be imminent and the next president will get most of the blame even though they will deserve almost none of it.

I am glad that SOMEONE has actually taken the time to sit down with the candidates and get their point of view.

Wait a second. They're not candidates, yet, are they. That's not until Wednesday.

And chances are, you haven't spoken to them. Or put more together than what you think is the truth in your own head. You're making assumptions. You haven't given them the time of day.

Good job.

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

SadistNocturne

openminded2011

Jesse, yes

And you consider yourself open minded ? Really ?

Honestly?

- SN

Open minded, yes, but I would prefer people who have access to a nuclear arsenal to be more competent than a Morning radio host, but thats just me.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

openminded2011
Open minded, yes, but I would prefer people who have access to a nuclear arsenal to be more competent than a Morning radio host, but thats just me.

Those are serious words.

But, if you think about it, what does it really take for someone to be competent enough to have access to a nuclear arsenal?

Honestly, in your opinion, what makes that person?

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Instead, you'd prefer some-one who wanted to missile Syria without possessing all of the facts first?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Scorchio

Nope, I wrote my congressman about it. Did you?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

openminded2011

Considering that A) the system is broken, and B) Obama would have most likely gone in without congressional backing...

Yeah, effective.

Glad it makes you feel comfortable!

- SN

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

openminded2011

Thanks for helping to make a difference.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join