It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panicked MSM Begins Killing Off Comment Sections

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Yeah but these comments could wake up some people who believe everything these news corps are telling them. Thats why they are scared because its already has started.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I made mention of the fact that the MSM has killed the comments section quite a while back. Maybe it was killing their servers, but I think that it is more nefarious than that.

WooHoo! I got to use the word nefarious this week!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I do not think I have ever seen a contructive comment in any of those places. Just people trolling, crazy people ranting, spam bots selling stuff and people calling each other names. Rarely are they even on subject. Its like the people who have youtube channels. Same thing. I know most people do not comment and that comments never reflect reality so why bother dealing with them?
edit on 29-9-2013 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I have seen it for a long time going slowy towards subscription with more detail to track commentors for sure. Read a article recently about youtube doing a better and faster job of screening and filtering comments.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

jimmyx

"the day we stand together for the greater good of all"...who decides what the greater good is? and how do you know you are not going to be lied to, so as to further someone else's agenda, when changes take place?....what is torn down, is replaced by something else. is that "something else" going to benefit you personally or some other person that is in it for themselves?...critical-thinking skills should not only be used to question the prevailing ways of doing things, but also, what the consequences will be of what you replace it with.
edit on 29-9-2013 by jimmyx because: additions

As I said, "the greater good of all (which is also the greatest good of the individual)." The whole is only as healthy as its parts. I believe people increasingly understand that we are all "victims", albeit in different ways but by similar means, and with a little respect and empathy, we can/will also recognize and identify the common threats to everyone and act accordingly. The greatest good would necessarily simultaneously benefit both the masses and the individual. For example, we might initially like a law that benefits ourselves, albeit to the detriment of others, but once we become victims of a law that benefits others to the detriment of ourselves, especially a law that unjustly benefits the very few to the detriment of the masses, we are more likely to understand how unjust such laws are in practice. At which point, the masses will agree that such laws are wrong, and stand together demanding proper legislation, oversight, and enforcement which is in the best of interest of everyone. Obviously, those who would be demanding their own enrichment to the detriment of others would be rightfully recognized as part of the problem, not the solution.

In the current left-right paradigm, we are constantly divided into victims and villains, pitting us against each other, and the "solutions" we are offered invariably reward one and punish the other. Which one is considered the victim or the villain, or which one rewarded and punished, depends on the source of course. We can do better, as soon as enough of us want better. Our greatest strength is our numbers, and I would say our greatest good is to empower the masses. When we protect the rights of others -- whether we like what they're doing or not -- we are protecting our own rights as well. That's freedom. I truly don't know of any other way to prevent the tyranny of a few over the masses.

It's really up to us. Do we play their divide-and-conquer game? Or do we stand together, knowing that the only way to truly protect our own rights and best interests is to protect everyone's rights and best interests?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
MSM websites have been disabling comments for a few years now. Its funny because a close friend and I were just talking about this subject yesterday. I believe I started lurking this website around the same time msm started disabling comments. I was one of the types who would call them out on agendas and biases.

edit on 29-9-2013 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

P.s. it just frustrates me that there is virtually no anonymity online anymore.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
We've got 300 million plus in the US alone. You get a few thousand passionate ignoramouses with too much time on their hands a mouse and keyboard... voila.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

jimmyx
"the day we stand together for the greater good of all"...who decides what the greater good is? and how do you know you are not going to be lied to, so as to further someone else's agenda, when changes take place?....what is torn down, is replaced by something else. is that "something else" going to benefit you personally or some other person that is in it for themselves?...critical-thinking skills should not only be used to question the prevailing ways of doing things, but also, what the consequences will be of what you replace it with.

If the internet can manage to stay on, we could have local, up to worldwide voting of representatives of the people having 50% of voting power on everything while the mob votes the remaining 50%.

Locally : Would you prefer paying for parking or pay it trough taxes?
Worldwide : Should we mainly focus on food production, curing diseases, saving biodiversity or space exploration?

Maybe one day heh

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Did you see that survey %??

The Military has a 76% "trust" rating?

That's really concerning because historically the military utilizes patriotism indoctrination in order to "take control of revolutions".

That's why there are so many Coups and similar political developments.

It's a bit eerie considering who Eisenhower suggested we be wary of.
Don't you think???

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

muzzleflash
Did you see that survey %??

The Military has a 76% "trust" rating?

That's really concerning because historically the military utilizes patriotism indoctrination in order to "take control of revolutions".

That's why there are so many Coups and similar political developments.

It's a bit eerie considering who Eisenhower suggested we be wary of.
Don't you think???

Wow! That comment got my mind spinning in all sorts of directions. Are you talking about the MIC (which is corporate) or the military or both combined?

Being former military, I can honestly say that I have never trusted Generals. They always remind me of politicians in uniform. Though I do like Gen. Mattis, and I wasn't even a Marine.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
That's exactly what we SHOULD EXPECT. The Military.

Who is behind all the mind control projects?
Who is behind the illegal markets?

Of course they would come out on top when everything else fell apart.
Especially when it looks like they facilitated and orchestrated the fall in the first place.

They decide what we hear.
What they want us to fear.

At the bottom of the list is CONGRESS at 10%? The "Voice of the People" essentially?
How perfect a scheme this is.

Congress is at the bottom, and Military is at the top.
The stage is set and the crop is ripe for harvest!

edit on 29-9-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

The gov-msm connection also has paid posters to sway public opinion on forums and comments sections at the bottom of msm websites.

Something to keep in mind

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

TDawgRex

Being former military, I can honestly say that I have never trusted Generals.

History aka the set of events that actually occurred in our past is "Locked in Stone" so to speak.
What happened happened, and no matter what type of trickery or slick speaking can keep it hidden in the end. Because the obvious will always be obvious and humans simply aren't completely stupid, they adapt too quickly.

What happens tomorrow is immaterial, it's mutable, "Up in the Air".
What already happened, it's "Locked Up" for good.
Can't change it.

What is our history?
A series or succession of Military / Political dictatorships and wars for the most part.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I always read the comments in any news articles I find interesting. It is more of a gauge to judge peoples reaction to the articles content. You have to sift a ton of rubble to find a nugget in most comment sections as it displays peoples ignorance, racist views, total biases, intellectual levels and occasionally an intelligent insight that is relevant to your connection to the original article. Kinda like this site. To neuter the ability of the readers to comment on, criticize, enhance or expand on the ideas presented shows the true difference between propaganda and thoughtful news reporting to most intelligent people. The days of true investigative reporting are numbered as most news actors just read the script presented and tow the line. Facts and confirmation of sources information is secondary to shock and awe of the headline.
edit on 29-9-2013 by cprnicus because: grammar

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

When you step back and look at all of these stories from a distance it is kinda scary. From local police using military kit to the news rejecting dissenting views.

I believe we might be on the verge of epic change people. What that change will be is anyone's guess but I do not think it will be for the better. The first trick to stopping all of this is to see these scumbags for what they are. The left vs right crap is nothing more then a control mechanism.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I love reading the comment section. Sometimes there's some funny stuff in there.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

agreed, most of those comment sections were worthless, it doesn`t matter what the story was about the commenters are always arguing about gun control or abortion.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

One of the good things about the freedom of movement of workers across Europe is that everyone hears the news from the people working next to them and not from the news outlets. It doesn't really matter what spin CNN or the BBC put on a story, we hear it directly from our co-workers and friends.

The problem of trolls isn't too much of a problem as comment moderation systems filter these out.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

dominicus

The gov-msm connection also has paid posters to sway public opinion on forums and comments sections at the bottom of msm websites.

Something to keep in mind

And it gets funny sometimes.

Especially when you see trolls baiting each other at the same time to make the other side look bad.

Very confusing.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

What is our history?
A series or succession of Military / Political dictatorships and wars for the most part.

And most written 'histories' are just summaries of petty jealousies from modern times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join