It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 U.S. Army vets accused of plot to kill DEA agent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Two former U.S. Army snipers, including a 20-year veteran labeled a "contract killer," and a retired German sharpshooter have been charged with plotting the murders-for-hire of an American drug agent and an informant in Africa, the Justice Department announced Friday.

The planned assassinations, which were never carried out, were part of a conspiracy to fly hundreds of kilograms of coc aine into the United States from Colombian drug traffickers who were actually confidential sources for the Drug Enforcement Administration.

Read Story Here

Okay, call me crazy, if you'd like (I promise it won't offend me
) but could this be another example to be used to implement anti-gun laws? It's strikingly similar to what occurred at the Navy Yard shootings, minus the fact that the plan was not carried out. The news story said that:

The plot leaders decided the pair would "not be able to handle" the killings, which were called "bonus jobs," the indictment states.

However, for someone who was a "sniper instructor" who had "killed a number of people" . . . this story just smells fishy to me. What could have been the cause that stopped them from completing their mission?
edit on 27-9-2013 by Kmhotaru because: misspelling

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kmhotaru

Everything fear related that has anything to do with a firearm, you bet your sweet a$$ it has to do with pushing for a ban on guns

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

While it's possible they may use it to push gun laws, it would be a week argument.

Hunter, a resident of Thailand, was arrested Thursday in Bangkok

Maybe if they were pushing the "ex-military shouldn't have weapons" thing....

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

QuantumCypher

While it's possible they may use it to push gun laws, it would be a week argument.

Hunter, a resident of Thailand, was arrested Thursday in Bangkok

Maybe if they were pushing the "ex-military shouldn't have weapons" thing....

Yup, vets are only to be trusted when theyre in the employ of the govt, once we are out, we become potential enemies of the state....go figure
Bottom line is the govt is AFRAID OF US, they trained us, they know what we are capable of

top topics

join