It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Miss The "Thumb" - *sadface*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Dear Thumb Emote,

We had so many good times, so many memories of times past. We would show our appreciations for good finds and crazy pics/videos. We would revel in laughter over good zings and witty remarks. We would display our anger with the upside down version of you. Oh how time slips by, things once used freely become things of the past.

I will miss you, my beloved Thumb.

For you were an extension of my love and distaste, but I guess I'll make do with a crazy green face.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I believe there is a project ongoing to create a new batch of emoticons. These current ones are some fill ins installed by SO interim. Perhaps you should stop by the thread where they are discussing this, and voice your thoughts there.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

Indeed, thanks for the info on that.

This was more of just a personal soliloquy to my dearly missed Thumb, more just for fun.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I will join you in your sorrow. I went to use the thumbs up once more just a bit ago and was awash with sadness yet again that it was gone.

But seriously... I do miss it too.
edit on 9/27/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

For all your old-school emoticon needs......
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

WoooHooooooo!!!!

Thank you!!! *High Five*

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
i miss all the old emoticons these ones are too pc and bland

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
We are sooooo spoiled. I too miss 'the thumb' SO has gone the extra mile to give us the things we love about old ATS in this new version, God Bless him, but alas we find new things all the time! Lucky for us he has super powers! As one poster said, I am sure he is working on it.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
THis weekend I will compile the below smilies into a true type font file. There are a few additions/edits to what is seen below....but this is the most of it.

The beauty of .ttf is that they will be scalable (like any font, you can increase their size without loss of quality) and easy to color (just like a font).

Of course, that is if SO finds the designs palatable.

And yes, there are thumbs on there.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Very cool.

Looking forward to them my furry friend.

new topics

top topics

join