It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry drivers, both licensed to carry concealed weapons, shoot each other

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Helious
Because It would be naive to think both men reached their nadir at the exact same time, drew and fired in synch. I guess it's possible but assuming that would be silly.

Why even stop then? This portion of the story leaves us wanting. Did they stop because they wanted to confront the other? Or did they stop because that was their destination.

Determining the answer to that, could drastically alter my tone honestly.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Or the guy getting tailgated was pulling off the road to let the guy go on about his business and the guy that was tailgating him pulled off behind him.

The driver of vehicle #1 didn't have a choice on what the driver of vehicle #2 was going to do. You are just assuming that the driver of vehicle #1 pulled off looking for a confrontation. The driver of vehicle #2 that was tailgating could have easily kept on driving, but chose not too.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

ownbestenemy

Helious
Because It would be naive to think both men reached their nadir at the exact same time, drew and fired in synch. I guess it's possible but assuming that would be silly.

Why even stop then? This portion of the story leaves us wanting. Did they stop because they wanted to confront the other? Or did they stop because that was their destination.

Determining the answer to that, could drastically alter my tone honestly.

Well, I don't have the answer to that but if I was left to guess (Which I am) I suspect that it was a case of both having a bad day, not wanting to back down and looking for some level of confrontation although I would wager that neither thought they were going to shoot anyone or die. Odd circumstance, odd outcome, it happens sometimes, it's a big, big world.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

4/ Person intent of committing a crime walks into a store, shoots everyone, searches the bodies for any guns to add to the cash, makes off with more illegal firearms....

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Like as in "This guy is obviously pissed so let me just pull over to tell him to chill out and offer him some advice on how to relax...maybe give him my yoga club card"

No 'like as in' get off the road and let this nutjob carry on driving. The person following, who, if the very short blurb is to be believed, drew his gun first is clearly the aggressor. If someone in front of you while you're driving is acting like an ass, pass them or wait. Don't follow them and pull into the same lot, drawing your gun and expect any reasonable person to think you are not in the wrong if a gunfight breaks out.

Pull a gun like that for no reason after following someone, anyone else is well within their rights to shoot you. The only time it is acceptable for someone that carries a gun to draw their gun and point it at another human being is if they fear grave bodily harm or death. You point a gun at me, I'm going to be fearing you will use it, and I will use mine.

One of my greatest fears is ever using my gun. I don't feel like it makes me a big man. I'd rather walk away after being spit on and shoved than ever have to use it. I am always extremely aware of it when I carry, and don't flash it, don't brag, don't tell half the people I know. I just don't ever want to be in a situation where I don't have it when I need it. Not everyone with a gun thinks a gun makes a man. I'll show mine off, but not because I want to intimidate or think somehow manliness or invulnerability is being transferred. Mainly because mine are fun to shoot at the range.

This isn't el oh el crazy gun people shot and killed each other! It's sad, and one guy who was well within his rights to draw his gun was murdered. Even if the man HAD been looking for a confrontation and could have driven off, it doesn't matter to me legally or morally. Whoever whipped out a gun first is to blame.

I try to avoid any confrontation when I'm carrying, but I don't think my getting in an argument with someone and then defending myself against a murder makes me in any way culpable in this type of situation. You can have an argument without pulling out a gun. Just as you can have an argument without punching someone.

My dog and I get in fights all the time. IT IS MY PILLOW. Haven't shot him or punched him yet, though sometimes I daydream..... He is showing me his new roll over trick so I must walk his fluffy waggly butt. He says ROOOOO at the computer.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Timing

Or the guy getting tailgated was pulling off the road to let the guy go on about his business and the guy that was tailgating him pulled off behind him.

The driver of vehicle #1 didn't have a choice on what the driver of vehicle #2 was going to do. You are just assuming that the driver of vehicle #1 pulled off looking for a confrontation. The driver of vehicle #2 that was tailgating could have easily kept on driving, but chose not too.

Assuming they guy pulled over to let a maniac pass, when that maniac also slowed down... he should have hauled ass and should NOT have waited to see what that guy was going to do.

yes, I tend to think he did because he was armed and felt protected and it's a real shame it didn't turn out that way and should be a lesson to not take those kinds of chances even if you have a gun.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This is all part of the plan,
and it is going perfectly.

The responsible gun owners
will do the right thing, the
Johnny-come-lately's will
remove themselves from the
gene pool.

Either by suicide or mutual
destruction.

Look at timestop 4:45 of this video,
the two kids have passed out guns
to the zombies and then get them
to eliminate themselves.

So ...

If you are a new fire arm owner and
you have not joined a gun club, taken
a safety course, or attend a riffle range,
better start before it's too late.

In my part of the country, just last week,
the general manager of a restaurant
bought a new pistol and killed himself.
22 years old, super liberal, angry at his
gay community.

Expect more of the same.

Mike
/evil laugh

edit on 27-9-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Funny as hell..

That only shows that you've got "issues" that need to be addressed by a qualified therapist. Good luck with that!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

abecedarian
Back "then" everyone had a gun, and now the places with the strictest gun laws, very few have a gun.
Do the math.

Hmm, different era + different social norms * society divided by the number of people = 4.

Yeah, nah.. doesn't work out, mate...

Maybe, back then they didn't have cars... maybe cars is the problem!

Do the math!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

abecedarian
I have to ask... which situation is most likely to result in crime:
A) Person walks into a store carrying an illegally obtained gun, knowing that no one else is 'legally' carrying a gun and proceeds to perpetrate a crime.
B) Person walks into a store carrying an illegally obtained gun, knowing everyone in the store might be carrying a 'legal' gun and proceeds to perpetrate a crime.
C) Person walks into a store carrying an illegally obtained gun, sees 4 people with exposed side arms, buys a pack of gum and leaves.

???

So much assumed crime just for a pack of gum.

This doesn't scare you?

Add more guns to it, see if it makes it less scary! Iiiiii dont get it.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

ownbestenemy

links234
An armed society is obviously a polite society.

This is a perfect example of that.

Clever attempt but even the most disarmed society will never be recognized as a "polite" society as people will seek to burn the world no matter what laws are in place.

I realise that this case is about as much a one off as you can get, so I'm not throwing out random quips to prove a point, but this is once more a flip-flop.

I've seen on ATS, that line used more times than I want to recall, when used to justify people carrying guns. An armed society is a polite society.

Here you are saying that it would never be the case.

This shows me two things. 1: that people with legal guns are no more better at controlling their anger than people with legal cricket bats, 2: that the notion of concealed weapons saving the day, is only as valid as the ability of the person carrying it to act on #1.

I've said all along, what about the randoms who engage in stupid actions... oh no, don't be absurd, I get told. More likely to run in the other direction, I hear.

People are people.. not robots. Just because they have a gun, doesn't make them special. It makes them scary. And certainly if you equate fear with politeness, then something is fundamentally wrong in the first place.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Domo1
I think some may be failing to comprehend that one of the two pulled out a gun first. That's the idiot, that's the jackass, that's the problem. The other guy was trying to defend himself. Pulling over your car is not the same as pulling out your gun, or even inviting hostilities. For all we know he was attempting to diffuse the situation when he pulled over.

So if they'd both not had guns, would they be alive? one of them be alive? perhaps sorted the dispute after a bout of fisty cuffs? Perhaps geezer A would have run geezer B over?

It would not be the same, anyway... I'd expect the bravado presented would have not existed had the extention of the first guys dick not been put into his hand.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

The elite want their thugs to be armed and everyone else helpless to defend themselves.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Grimpachi
Anyone else think this would have been avoided if they both had bumper stickers like "from my cold dead hands" or even " proud member of the NRA" maybe even some Yosamitty Sam mud flaps?

Who knows maybe they did in that case I say Darwin for sure but my guess is there weren't any.
edit on 26-9-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

No one has died from too many bananas, YET. Let us not begin.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Helious
Well, I don't have the answer to that but if I was left to guess (Which I am) I suspect that it was a case of both having a bad day, not wanting to back down and looking for some level of confrontation although I would wager that neither thought they were going to shoot anyone or die. Odd circumstance, odd outcome, it happens sometimes, it's a big, big world.

Quite agreed Helious. It is an odd happenstance (though weird to say from my lips since I believe there to be no coincidences) and for either side to lay claim to a victory in this type of tragic play (much as when sides utilize other tragedies) is just silly and does nothing to prove any point.

Sometimes bad things happen for no rhyme or reason at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join