It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internal Senate email tells lawmakers NOT to sign up for Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
So, while the Obama administration and his liberal sycophants in the U.S. Senate are moving Heaven and earth to get as many average American citizens to 'SIGN UP' for Obamacare as quickly...and in as great of numbers as possible...those very senators are advising one another and their staffs, through an internal email memo, to NOT sign up for Obamacare until the final details of their own Obamacare sweetheart-deal subsidy from Obama are finalized.

Can you say "Double Standard?"....How about "Hypocrisy"?

Internal Senate email warns lawmakers not to sign up for Obamacare yet

The Senate this week warned lawmakers and their staff not to sign up for Obamacare’s health exchanges, saying that the administration hasn’t yet finalized the rules for how to keep paying for their premiums.

“Members and staff are advised that they should delay enrolling in health insurance plans until we are able to offer further guidance as to how they should enroll in these insurance plans for 2014,” the Senate disbursing office said in an email to staffers Monday. “Premature enrollment could adversely impact eligibility for the employer premium contribution.”

www.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 25-9-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Oh man, this is House of Cards. I am pretty sure I saw this exact episode in the Netflix critically acclaimed drama.

Congressmen leaking info to the press, subterfuge and sex. Boy doesn't politics sound fun?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Fun for the politicians; they get to opt themselves (and their political cronies) out of their own rotten laws.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Oh Quite true my friend.

I was watching C-SPAN today on the preliminary vote on the Health Care Law currently under contentious review and the senate reminded me of times in high school. They seem certainly lax and informal while the whole of the US awaits the outcome that can drastically affect their lives.

Some are up in arms now as they now find themselves having to defend the current Health Care Law and their exempt status.
edit on 25-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I guess some people can make a conspiracy out of anything.

This is just good advice. No one should go out on October 1st and actually enroll. People should start looking at options, talk to their employer about what options they have, figure out what tax deductions if any they qualify for, and then make a decision and enroll towards the end of the enrollment period.

Everyone should do this, not just congress. No where in the memo does it say "don't ever enroll"...it says to wait until the details of their contributions are finalized.

Exactly why do you think this is a bad thing?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

AlienScience
reply to post by IAMTAT

I guess some people can make a conspiracy out of anything.

This is just good advice. No one should go out on October 1st and actually enroll. People should start looking at options, talk to their employer about what options they have, figure out what tax deductions if any they qualify for, and then make a decision and enroll towards the end of the enrollment period.

Everyone should do this, not just congress. No where in the memo does it say "don't ever enroll"...it says to wait until the details of their contributions are finalized.

Exactly why do you think this is a bad thing?

Thank you for your reply.

In answer to your question, I refer you to the final line in the internal senate email memo:
“Premature enrollment could adversely impact eligibility for the employer premium contribution.”

I think it's a 'bad' thing, because this is a double standard;Lawmaker's get an Obamacare subsidy, while the average citizens they purport to represent do not.

Seriously, do you honestly believe that's a 'GOOD' thing?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

In answer to your question, I refer you to the final line in the internal senate email memo:
“Premature enrollment could adversely impact eligibility for the employer premium contribution.”

I think it's a 'bad' thing, because this is a double standard;Lawmaker's get an Obamacare subsidy, while the average citizens they purport to represent do not.

They don't get a subsidy, they get to keep their current contribution from their employer...which just so happens to be the Federal Government.

Every other person has this option as well, but it up to their employer. You can't fault the Federal Government for treating their employees good. If other people don't get the same treatment from their employer, it is because they work for greedy selfish people...it's not the fault of Obamacare.

And yes, I do believe it is a good thing.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

AlienScience
reply to post by IAMTAT

They don't get a subsidy, they get to keep their current contribution from their employer...which just so happens to be the Federal Government.

Every other person has this option as well, but it up to their employer. You can't fault the Federal Government for treating their employees good. If other people don't get the same treatment from their employer, it is because they work for greedy selfish people...it's not the fault of Obamacare.

And yes, I do believe it is a good thing.

Yes, congressional lawmakers DO get a subsidy of their own Obamacare premiums...with taxpayer dollars.

To deny that point, is to completely ignore the facts.

FYI: Members of congress are employed by the American people!
Unfortunately, however, Obama refuses to give American citizens the same carve-outs he grants members of congress.

Your comments would only really make sense, if they taken within the context of being attributed to one of those new government-initiated trolls we've been hearing about, who are hired to derail anti-Obamacare postings on Internet discussion sites such as ATS.

I'm sure this doesn't apply to you, naturally.
BTW...I see you're pretty new here...Welcome to ATS.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Yes, congressional lawmakers DO get a subsidy of their own Obamacare premiums...with taxpayer dollars.

To deny that point, is to completely ignore the facts.

FYI: Members of congress are employed by the American people...and not the Federal government.

Your comments would only really make sense, if they taken within the context of being attributed to one of those new government-initiated trolls we've been hearing about, who are hired to derail anti-Obamacare postings on Internet discussion sites such as ATS.

I'm sure this doesn't apply to you, naturally.
BTW...I see you're pretty new here...Welcome to ATS.

You can call it a subsidy if you want, but it is part of their compensation plan that they have always received. Current state is that the Federal Government pays for part of their health insurance premium, just like almost every large employer in the United States does. Now, the bill is forcing them to buy their insurance through the exchanges, what the OPM did was create a mechanism to continue to give these employees the same contribution they have always received.

Call it whatever you want, but they aren't getting anything special. They are getting exactly what they have always received from their employer. The only difference is that now they are going to take that money and buy a plan off the exchange instead of having that money go towards the insurance plan offered by the Federal Government benefit system.

If you would deny them this, which it sounds like you want to deny them this, it would be a huge compensation cut for these employees.

BTW, thanks for calling me a paid troll...that does a lot for your own credibility.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

The problem is they know enrolling now could be a very bad thing, and are telling their staff members to not enrolle, but are not telling their constituents the same thing.

They know enrolling is bad for the people they represent, yet are not letting them know. That is their job.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Telling your cozy staff & colleagues to handle a manner as fundamental as healthcare in a way that is different from how you tell your constituents to handle it is...
shameful.
Is that really going on so cut-n-dried? I dont have tv, so dont know what is being presented to 'those' 'masses'

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

The problem is they know enrolling now could be a very bad thing, and are telling their staff members to not enrolle, but are not telling their constituents the same thing.

They know enrolling is bad for the people they represent, yet are not letting them know. That is their job.

No, that isn't what they are doing at all.

They are telling them to wait until they get the final details from the OPM on how they will continue to get their health insurance contribution like they have always had. And if some of them sign up early before knowing these details, they may risk not getting their contributions.

There is nothing evil going on here, it is common sense. It is common sense for everyone, no one should run out and sign up on October 1st...they should start looking, start talking to their HR department, and start seeing if they qualify for any subsidies and which plans those subsidies would go towards.

Common sense, not conspiracy theory.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I happened to see part of a Rachel Maddow show, in which the words you use sound astoundingly similar to hers.
Coincidence, I'm sure.

Grassley's partisan-stunt-gone-wrong sent members and their aides to get coverage through exchange marketplaces, but never created a mechanism to make that happen.

Maddow

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

You are still wrong. The subsidy they get, as stated before is for their staff's insurance. Exactly like, as stated before, all other employers.

The ill informed one here is you.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The fine for not signing up its cheaper than signing up for Obama care and if not enough people sign up it collapses under its own weight, so don't sign up for it, the fine is, $95.00, or 1% of your income whichever is higher the cost of signing up is about $1200.00 so unless you make $120,000.00 a year the fine is cheaper and of your making $120,000 a year you already have a better program

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
What if I do not want insurance and I refuse to use any medical services?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

IAMTAT
reply to post by MDDoxs

Fun for the politicians; they get to opt themselves (and their political cronies) out of their own rotten laws.

The founding fathers made made one huge mistake when drafting the Bill of Rights, and that was not creating an amendment like this:

"Congress shall make no law applying to the people and exempting members of any of the three branches of government, corporate entities, military, or law enforcement agencies. Such laws shall be deemed unconstitutional and thereby, treasonous."
edit on 9/27/2013 by AntiNWO because: it's late, I'm tired, I screwed up, ok?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

AlienScience

OccamsRazor04

No, that isn't what they are doing at all.

They are telling them to wait until they get the final details from the OPM on how they will continue to get their health insurance contribution like they have always had. And if some of them sign up early before knowing these details, they may risk not getting their contributions.

There is nothing evil going on here, it is common sense. It is common sense for everyone, no one should run out and sign up on October 1st...they should start looking, start talking to their HR department, and start seeing if they qualify for any subsidies and which plans those subsidies would go towards.

Common sense, not conspiracy theory.

Then you can show me the public memos where they are telling constituents this same exact thing. I will wait for you to find it.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

The fact that its not a bad thing ought to tell you something. The reason this is funny is because you and I are not getting the memo. Many people are being led to believe that here soon the gates of paradise are about to open. lol

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

The founders also made another mistake. The NY representatives made a case for putting a cap on the Feds ability to tax. Sort of a tax ceiling. Madison of all people beat them down over this issue claiming that the federal Government may be hampered this way. Well no S**t James!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join