It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
LOL

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

HanzHenry
I wish to move to Canada.. I had a friend that told me there are 2 seasons. Winter and Mosquito...lol

I hate mosquitos and snakes.. in that order.. where should I avoid..

the western half?

Winter and mosquito sounds like ontario...... lol ... All of the prairies, Alberta, saskatchewan, manitoba, are exactly like that. How ever so is Ontario.

BC is pretty mild year round. More rain than snow, Warm summers. Mountains, lakes forests, everywhere you look.

How ever the whole country will get mosquitos unless you want to go way north... then you will only likely get mosquitos for a month or so... but. It will be cold 9 months out of the year.

Go live in Osoyoos BC. It's a desert. No mosquitos.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
THIS is what happens in Canada if you roll a donut down the Trans-Canada...

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Saskatchewan here, eh! We're the Canadian equivalent of the American midwest; lots of wheat fields, pretty windy & flat. I watched my dog run away for 3 days ...hehe.

Vive la bacon & beer !!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Osoyoos looks neat, but appears to me as a retirement area.. need money first type place..

I had a couple old pals from Canada. And I like Seth Rogen.

Just spent some time googling a place called Rainbow Lake, AB. wow dude, that is remote. Love to go there some day.

Spent a few days in Victoria in 2001. Awesome time. There was this bar that you could donate to the "waitresses" depending on how well you enjoyed their dancing. Funny thing, there clothes would fall off and people cheered!.. anyway, the beer was ok, I like Moosehead and they had it.. The ladies all had good proportions, and I was told that the country's health care paid for boob jobs!... is that a myth.

Oh, it was funny, seeing a bunch of Coasties smoking on Cubans. And maybe some other things..lol

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Nice swim..I'm under

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Tasty Canadian
Saskatchewan here, eh! We're the Canadian equivalent of the American midwest; lots of wheat fields, pretty windy & flat. I watched my dog run away for 3 days ...hehe.

Vive la bacon & beer !!

wow, Saskatchewan. tons of lakes, fishing paradise! post some vids around where you live dude! please!

I think that your Province is like a giant Minnesota. Would love to do a hermit cabin thing there for a year somewhere remote, living on fish and fish guts..lol

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

aboutface
reply to post by HanzHenry

Well e sure to let us know when you're coming and we'll put some extra beer in the fridge.
There are two seasons in Canada: Winter and road construction.

I just took a virtual drive up Mackenzie highway, google street view is SO neat..

Make that beer a Moosehead, my first favorite beer! ever since I was sixteen.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Do you have any idea how many moose we have to milk to get that taste?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

cprnicus

Do you have any idea how many moose we have to milk to get that taste?

back in 1985, I was ten and had a moosehead beer t-shirt from the mall somewhere. It was cool, and not an issue as I wore it to school many times, it wasn't an issue back then. Also, looking your car/truck, guys in high school would have a shotgun rack with a rifle in one rack and a shotgun in the other, or an axe handle..lol

How are things today in Canada? police state?

how far north would an American have to go to get away from the madness but not live in an igloo.?

I always want to see lake Athabasca. someday my dream of a crewcab/5th wheel rolling stone retirement..lol

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

HanzHenry
reply to post by Hijinx

Osoyoos looks neat, but appears to me as a retirement area.. need money first type place..

I had a couple old pals from Canada. And I like Seth Rogen.

Just spent some time googling a place called Rainbow Lake, AB. wow dude, that is remote. Love to go there some day.

Spent a few days in Victoria in 2001. Awesome time. There was this bar that you could donate to the "waitresses" depending on how well you enjoyed their dancing. Funny thing, there clothes would fall off and people cheered!.. anyway, the beer was ok, I like Moosehead and they had it.. The ladies all had good proportions, and I was told that the country's health care paid for boob jobs!... is that a myth.

Oh, it was funny, seeing a bunch of Coasties smoking on Cubans. And maybe some other things..lol

I don't know about them covering boob jobs.... lol... Mission springs is a good brewery if you're ever back. I prefer their dark beers best but they are worth the trip if you are in the area.

This is a remote lake...

I go there once a year.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I think I have just been talked into going to Canada for vacation!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

AccessDenied
THIS is what happens in Canada if you roll a donut down the Trans-Canada...

Not even joking... One day I was driving by the Telus world of science (in Edmonton, AB) and I saw an RCMP squad car flip his lights and sirens on, do an illegal U-turn, and b-line it straight for a tim hortons about 2 blocks down the street.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Yes... our police love their Timmies coffee and donuts:

Police Officer Racing To Tim Hortons In Calgary Disciplined (VIDEO)

One of the officers seen in a YouTube video seemingly drag racing a colleague to a Tim Hortons has been disciplined, the Calgary Police Service says.

The video, shot by a driver who stopped behind the two cruisers -- and beside a third and unmarked police car -- as all three waited for a red light, resulted in calls by police brass for the officers involved to come forward.

All the members involved in the overly ironic video, of what looks like police officers playing into the stereotype and racing for donuts, have come forward.

Link

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

my god the best waste of police effort ever! U.S. citizen, been to canada once for approximately five minutes as a child. Vacationed to Minnesota and then took a wee trip there. As things seem to be evolving into worse and worse stateside, I'm considering a canadian move

top topics

<< 1   >>

join