It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terry McAuliffe Pledges Colorado-Like Gun Control if Elected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I didn't see this posted when doing a search which actually shocked me. Please delete or move as necessary should this be redundant or posted in the wrong forum.

Source

Seriously??

I trust my neighbors to the north of me are going to send this moron back to wherever he "worked" prior to his attempt to disrupt your Commonwealth.

Geez, do people like him not learn? Enacting the laws in Colorado hasn't fared so well for a couple of those who did so.

2 Colorado Lawmakers Lose Jobs In Recall Over Gun Votes

It seems the "gun control" sycophants are like a virus. They are constantly looking for a new host to infect. Sure, it has infected the northeast as well as the west coast......but Virginia??????

It's not about guns, it's about CONTROL.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Ummm... Earth to Candidate? Recall elections are rare...successful ones are real rare...and DOUBLE recalls in a single election? Well..... Let's just say this is a REAL REAL bad idea for a position to take, unless losing is the outcome he seeks.

I admit, one only learns so much from driving in a state, even over many years of it. So I don't know Virginia anything like a local. Still...to simply compare it to those to it's North? I'd say he needs a state or two further that direction to be babbling this hooey and expect it to be taken well.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Ummm... Earth to Candidate? Recall elections are rare...successful ones are real rare...and DOUBLE recalls in a single election? Well..... Let's just say this is a REAL REAL bad idea for a position to take, unless losing is the outcome he seeks.

I admit, one only learns so much from driving in a state, even over many years of it. So I don't know Virginia anything like a local. Still...to simply compare it to those to it's North? I'd say he needs a state or two further that direction to be babbling this hooey and expect it to be taken well.

My guess is he isn't comparing Virginia to a state. He's comparing it to the District of Criminals and expecting support from same.

Hubris knows no bounds these days.
edit on 24-9-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Still just a candidate though, I long for the days when we can worry about who might get into office instead of how to get rid of who is in office again.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

greencmp

Still just a candidate though, I long for the days when we can worry about who might get into office instead of how to get rid of who is in office again.

True, he is still just a candidate. The goal of my post is to enlighten those in Virginia who may not be aware of his intentions so they can vote accordingly. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
edit on 24-9-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

You're probably right on that. I imagine D.C. is a bread and butter ticket for Virginia politicians these days, if it hasn't always been. So much of that "blank check" DHS and military stuff is in Northern to Central Virginia and very much intertwined with everything around them. Good point.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

bozzchem
True, he is still just a candidate. The goal of my post is to enlighten those in Virginia who may not be aware of his intentions so they can vote accordingly. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

The info is very much appreciated. Funny how with all the political ads around that I have to hear about the candidate's position from ATS. Even as I was typing this, a commercial came on about McAuliffe's support for abortion, and I've seen numerous commercials about both candidates' shady business dealings. But I have yet to hear a single word about either candidate's stance on the Second Amendment. Interesting ommision in the media.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I can tell you that neither candidate has what is good for Virginia and for Virginians on their minds. The mud slinging political ads have left me more than nauseated. They have left me wondering why the folks here can not see that both men are the same... All I can do is shake my head. Those who can not see it at this point are not going to listen to the hick chick down the street telling them any different (me). There are just too many people allowed to vote that never read anything besides the back of the Fruit Loop box in the morning. There should be a law. Really.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

bozzchem
I didn't see this posted when doing a search which actually shocked me. Please delete or move as necessary should this be redundant or posted in the wrong forum.

Source

Seriously??

I trust my neighbors to the north of me are going to send this moron back to wherever he "worked" prior to his attempt to disrupt your Commonwealth.

Geez, do people like him not learn? Enacting the laws in Colorado hasn't fared so well for a couple of those who did so.

2 Colorado Lawmakers Lose Jobs In Recall Over Gun Votes

It seems the "gun control" sycophants are like a virus. They are constantly looking for a new host to infect. Sure, it has infected the northeast as well as the west coast......but Virginia??????

It's not about guns, it's about CONTROL.

This is the best news I ever heard, I was worried that Virginia might get a Democrat governor what with all the losers in DC metro area.

Now thank God, if McCauliff-whatshisname really said this, he doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

greencmp

Well, good luck in Virginia. Less than 20% of the eligible voters voted in 2nd amendment advocates, one down in Pueblo, who really didn't want the job. Ah well. We'll see how they do with the other laws. It's the old adage, be careful what you wish for. I agree with you about recall, I've lived through atrocious representation from elected officials and when the election cycle shows up, we vote our conscience to make change. Isn't that the way it's supposed to work?

new topics

top topics

join