It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Filibuster Obamcare has started!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
He's vowing to speak "until I am no longer able to stand".

I hope Rand Paul and others join in.

Link to watch-

www.c-span.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Thanks for the heads up and the link!!! I turned on C span on tv and they are not showing it.....

Loved what he just said!

"What is more important than Obamacare, is that Washington has stopped listening to the people!"
edit on 24-9-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

It's on CSPAN2, sorry for not making that clear.

He just said the Senate floor is almost empty.

Where are all the Senators representing their constituents?

Will he go longer than Rand did?

Will Rand or others join him?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up.

Will have on in the background for the afternoon.

If i was going to conduct a Filibusterer, I would go to congress in my comfortable clothes and a IV of coffee.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

And I'd double up on the "Depends" diapers.

Especially if you got an IV of coffee running into you. LOL

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

freedom12

Link to watch-

www.c-span.org...

Why?

Because you agree with his position/politics or because a filibuster makes a great show.

Not trying to be contentious here - I'm truly curious.

PS - Nothing will ever top Jimmy Stewart's performance in "Mr. Smith goes to Washington"...

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Its about damn time people stand up to this monstrosity of a tax played as a "bill".

S&F

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

sonnny1

Its about damn time people stand up to this monstrosity of a tax played as a "bill".

S&F

Too little too late. People have already lost hours and jobs. Providers have already cut back. Plans have already stopped covering spouses. Exchanges are all set up with one or two providers to monopolize the high risk parties. All across the country little seminars have been and are being held that essentially amount to "we wont know for some time" and "somehow this will all work out for you."

The damage is done.

As a side note I was just at an AARP seminar on the healtcare law last week. What was supposed to be informative and reassuring left everyone in the room terrified. No answers other than "we wont know for some time." Literally. The only consolation was that those on medicare dont have to do anything and not much will change for them. It's for all of us who are still working and earning that things will #ed up for years to come.
edit on 24-9-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Im still holding out hope, Guy.

The bill could be defunded. Enough backlash and they will have to do something. I read a story where a family had their insurance go up 3X! That's going to happen to a lot of folks, unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It is never too late to try and prevent further damage from being done. Just because this locomotive had steam when it left the station does not mean we must keep shoveling coal into the engine.

Why must people be expected to just throw up their hands and say, "Okay, I give up!"?

That is why we are where we are now. Not enough people willing to stand up and say, "Enough is enough! I am not going to take this anymore!"

Personally, I don't wish to just bend over and take it.
Apparently, some are.

ETA: it is now headlining on Drudgereport.

edit on 24-9-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Riffrafter

freedom12

Link to watch-

www.c-span.org...

Why?

Because you agree with his position/politics or because a filibuster makes a great show.

Not trying to be contentious here - I'm truly curious.

PS - Nothing will ever top Jimmy Stewart's performance in "Mr. Smith goes to Washington"...

Highly against Obamacare Riff!!

I don't understand how the Senate chamber can be almost empty, when many Senators have opposed this.

Where are the others that have spoken against this?

As for the show, I don't think it's entertaining, it's actually kind of boring hearing the same man rattle on about points already made, but I love his courage and strength.

Hope that answers it for you. Appreciate the feedback!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Forgot to mention, the HR dept. at work just sent out the new "obamacare" info packet about health insurance the other day.

It's seriously hard to understand. Called my HR girl and she said, "I'm not sure about a lot of it. I was hoping you'd help me". I laughed.

She said she'd be calling a "professional" to come in and explain it to the workers in a series of meeting's.

I guess the expense of hiring a "professional" to come in and explain to the workers for a week, was not included in the bill?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

freedom12

I guess the expense of hiring a "professional" to come in and explain to the workers for a week, was not included in the bill?

Sad actually.

If I was Ted Cruz, I would read the bill in its entirety.

That should give him a few hours.....

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You guys realize that Obama will just use his veto power even if the Senate votes to defund Obamacare, right? This is nothing more than a dog and pony show to make the Republican/conservative people feel better. This filibuster is also a political ploy to keep constituents voting for them in the next election season.

So you guys can all high-five yourselves, pat backs, and raise a toast ... to essentially another waste of tax payer money.

It got rammed through, and it's not going anywhere until it completely collapses under it's own weight. Sorry guys.

Woah, I think I just saw a unicorn in the back corner of the chamber!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
All a facade to lead the people to believe that there is a political process at work when both sides work for the same banks, big pharma, energy conglomerates, and Blue Bloods.

Are we entertained?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Anyone who voted for this TAX shouldn't have a Job.

Period.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Unless enough Senators would stand up and say no.

Unfortunately, Big Pharm has bought and paid for most of these clowns.

What we ought to be looking at more closely, is what caused Roberts to change his vote ?

Who got to him and what dirt does he have that caused this?

I believe another thread awhile back went into this discussion.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You should watch "House of Cards" on Netflix if you have it.

Politicians are only about one thing: themselves. If making their constituents happy somehow aligns with what's best for them -- great. Sadly, it doesn't always work that way.

There is an old saying...

Good people don't get into politics.
edit on 24-9-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So sad that he GOP are playing political football with the nation's finances.

How sad would this have been in the 90's or even in the early 2000's?

Republicans for shame.

Not that I"m a fan of ObamaCare or anything, but repealing that legislation, without control of the Senate or the WH is an exercise in insanity.

I bet you John Boehner wants to kill himself.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The Nations finances are screwed regardless if Cruz talks or not. No budget passed in how many years?

That football has been flat for a while..

Obamacare needs to be defunded, and those who passed it need to be fired.

This is a TAX, not a Bill. I dont understand how those who voted for the fools who passed it, think that they are going to get proper healthcare when the Pyramid scheme is broken.

Honestly, fire them all Tenth. Thats my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join