It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weapon use (during crime) in Australia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

somehow? fbi crime in the united states table 20. according to our federal beaurau of investigation, the states that have openly carry your rifle or pistol, no limit to how many you can have laws have little in means of crime while places like illinois, district of columbia, and new york are very restrictive and to go in the city you have to turn your guns in while in the city. these cities are the worst. during incidents where you need guns, prostrating youself and urinating submissively, setting up a gambit, joke or pun, will not work. sorry but where i live, guns are in the same regards as powertools. i mean do you need to register and wait a week or two for a chainsaw or fill our forms and take a class for a riding mower? either one can hack you to bits and if you are not fortunate enough to get your head lobbed off there is much excrutiating pain until the end
oh and guns are the worst? that's what you are all worried over? not serial killers? an out of control government using militarized drones
no it's guns youre worried about right?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
According to a Constable at Fairfield (2165) Police Station, NSW, (who I just phoned up) a person who pulls a firearm will be charged with these offences:

Possession of firearm.

Assault (possiby).

Intimidation of violence.

He stated that the intent of the individual would have to be ascertained before charges such as assault could be fully implemented.

For those in Australia, the number for Fairfield Police Station is (02) 9728 8399.
edit on 24-9-2013 by Unrealised because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

rockoperawriter

somehow? fbi crime in the united states table 20. according to our federal beaurau of investigation, the states that have openly carry your rifle or pistol, no limit to how many you can have laws have little in means of crime while places like illinois, district of columbia, and new york are very restrictive and to go in the city you have to turn your guns in while in the city. these cities are the worst. during incidents where you need guns, prostrating youself and urinating submissively, setting up a gambit, joke or pun, will not work. sorry but where i live, guns are in the same regards as powertools. i mean do you need to register and wait a week or two for a chainsaw or fill our forms and take a class for a riding mower? either one can hack you to bits and if you are not fortunate enough to get your head lobbed off there is much excrutiating pain until the end
oh and guns are the worst? that's what you are all worried over? not serial killers? an out of control government using militarized drones

Can we have some links, please?

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

The intent is the action of pulling the firearm on someone--but if a NSW Constable says otherwise, who am I to argue.

Code law states I can speak for, NSW I cant.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

go to any search engine

type in fbi crime in the united states table 20

then type in FM 3-39.40 Internment and Resettlement Operation

then type in List of genocides by death toll.

now you can see why i'm being defensive

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by skonaz

Amen to that.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

You've named three states and two territories, where's Victoria and Tasmania?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

but to even prevent the 44 from fate as such, would be impossible because one cannot measure the human heart with it's capacity, their fate is in their hands regardless of wheather or not they are undeserving.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

kudegras

You've named three states and two territories, where's Victoria and Tasmania?

Ask the ABS.

I didn't create their website, but please note, the attempted murder/murder numbers are for Australia.

The statistics given (missing victoria and tasmania) were for rise or decline of crime percentages only.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Dude, people are gonna die. Where would we be if no one died and the birthrate stayed as it is.
People get hit by cars, die from terminal illness, have heart attacks, in many different ways.
I think what he is saying is that by passing gun laws all those years ago we have seen a dramatic drop in
gun related violence, but crime is still happening just not as often with guns.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Then my friend you have posted quite an incomplete report.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

kudegras

Then my friend you have posted quite an incomplete report.

Please read my amended post just above us.

"The statistics given (missing victoria and tasmania) were for rise or decline of crime percentages only."

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
If you take the guns away, the crime stats will not change in an overall sense. What will change is the weapons used. Victoria has some really stupid knife laws and nothing changed except all the law abiding citizens have to put up with stupid laws. Whatever laws you bring in, people still commit crimes. Ultimately what are you going to do, ban rocks or cut off everyone's fingers so they can't choke someone. Maybe we could cure rape by cutting off penises at birth. If you think these comments are ridiculous, they are, but then, so are Victoria's knife laws.

As to gun ownership being 'back up there', that is false. The number of guns has reestablished itself, it was always going to. What has changed is that there are no assault rifles or pump action shotguns around to speak of. (Police excepted, their deployment of these types of weapons have skyrocketed.

In all of human history, banning has never worked, it has just made life a little more difficult for good people.

P

edit on 24/9/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Yeah Mate, point taken. And I agree with you that banning guns in Oz has made it a little safer, still gangs are carrying knives but obviously have to be close to you in order to do harm.
It is a lot harder for a Hoddle Street scenario to take place.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I never said that we should give guns to civilians. Hell most of the people here dont even know how to handle most guns. If guns were provided in the part of sydney I currently live in, this place would be pure anarchy.
however just because we dont have guns wont stop us from killing one another when were drunk or just blind with rage.

Theres always another option.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The good thing about banning guns is this:

It is easier to make a knife, rather than a gun.

Sure, bad people may get them (guns), but they are expensive and often old and unreliable.

That is why most weaponized crime in Australia is done with a knife.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

rockoperawriter

Chainsaws and Ride on mowers have other uses. In fact they are not weapons per se at all and were designed with other purposes in mind.
I have alot of trouble using a rifle to keep my lawns nice and trim.

edit on 24/9/13 by skonaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by blueyezblkdragon

Being allowed to carry a gun gives you the option to shoot someone if you are provoked, making them illegal means when provoked you will need to resort to other options. I grew up in the 70's and back then guns were legal yet we solved our disputes with fisticuffs and usually one out.
Nowadays you run the risk of being bashed by a group and possibly knifed in the bargain.
Knives are also illegal but easily obtained and are the weapon of choice, legalise guns with todays gang mentality and you could end up dead real quick.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

but gun crimes in america are substantially less in areas with less restrictions on owning a firearm. there are no drive bys because one shot and the car stops dead, the shooters won't know where the shot came from and they can all be taken out beyond the range of their guns with better trigger discipline. if people know how to use guns properly, keep them handy, and know how to defend, and have basic tactical knowledge, survival skills instead of playing grand theft auto all day, even if the odds are 5 to 1 in the enemies favor no enemy could make it to the beach. the responsibility of home defense, self defense, and defense of the defenseless are the responsibility of all able bodied men and women, harnessing flesh, fire, and steel. why is it that in my part of america there has never been a mass shooting? every truck has a few rifles in it. if shots are fired, with shots they are answered. what do you think of the police in Australia? are they corrupt in larger cities? how ridiculous are the laws? are Australians allowed to question the carbon tax without huge fines? how does gun restriction fit in with darwins self preservation?

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Dont need to make them when you have them ready to go in your kitchen, but making it illegal to carry them puts a bit of fear into most people, which in this case fear is good. And I understand how controlled we have become but if it saves my eighteen your old daughters life I am all for it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join