It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of an Idea.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
What is an idea? What is thought? What is consciousness? If you asked yourself these questions when you were young and stuck to the convictions of your need to know through till now, you would have a fairly interesting view on things. So what is an Idea?

An idea is knowledge which forms a coherent form in your consciousness long enough for you to not only notice it but also be able to describe it, first to yourself as you have to recognize it for what it is and then be able to use the tools for communication to express it.

Thoughts are a collection of ideas that have been strung together like a chain of pearls extending from our past into our future.

And consciousness is the spark the lights it all up.

But of course this is just an Idea of what an idea is. And every body has their own version of what they believe. So how can we determine who's idea is the right one and even if there is a right one?
Well we don't all agree on the same thing which is why there is so much chaos in the world. Too many people who are unsure of what to think. Because there are so many ideas flying around "figuratively speaking". So unless one is careful they might be infused with so many ideas that they will find it hard to see their own. So the key is to remember what your core ideas are and never forget what you believe.
Now here is an interesting question: What if your core ideas have been changed over time?

Well most people will tell you they are not the same person they were 10 or 20 years ago, I for one can certainly attest to that. But that's what you get when you grow up in a dynamic and infinite reality. Its called growth and learning. But what is it that we are learning and what are we being thought? Some would say learning is self evident knowledge that does not require a teacher. Like how to breath and have your internal organs regulated the very basics. But as babies we need to be looked after we are incapable of self substance straight out the womb. Some animals can, we cannot. Mostly reptiles, fish and insects and maybe a handful of mammals.

So then what is Teaching? Well for me teaching would be any skill you have to learn, from how to speak to walking and eating. So from a very young age we rely on our elders for dependance and guidance. So we become conditioned to listening to them....well some of us don't and I suspect that is a reason why there are so many like minded individuals on ATS. So all our ideas and thoughts first come from them and then the greater community.
So what are your core ideas..well they are yours so I'm assuming you know them or are at least aware of them. The most important thing is to find something you believe in. Some people choose religion or science or a mix of both or nothing at all. When I say religion I mean all faith based ideas and science being observable effect ideas. So once you have figured out what it is that you believe about the world and your relation to it. Then you must figure out if you want to add to those ideas or if you are happy at this time to have it as is. I prefer to grow my ideas because that is the reality I wish to experience. Now what happens to ideas that have grown beyond the scope of a single person? Well they have only changed the course of human history. And that is the power of an Idea and it is that power that the people don't understand they have.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Who's to say my tricks better then theres. who's to say there dance moves don't blow the disco ball into peaces? the lights can come in many colors the smell will always change but its how you feel and believe in that moment that determines what is factually happing to your feet on this dance floor.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

hknudzkknexnt
Who's to say my tricks better then theres. who's to say there dance moves don't blow the disco ball into peaces? the lights can come in many colors the smell will always change but its how you feel and believe in that moment that determines what is factually happing to your feet on this dance floor.

It is whatever you want it to be, If you think their tricks are better then they are.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Good post.

To me, ideas are thoughts manifested in a written or spoken proposition. I don't think ideas exist until they are expressed as thoughts solidified in some tangible form.

I agree that ideas have the utmost power. People kill and die for God, which is essentially an idea. People kill and die for "freedom", "country", "democracy", "status"—all of these mere ideas, concepts that misdirect people to violence and murder to see them achieved.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSubversiveOne
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Good post.

To me, ideas are thoughts manifested in a written or spoken proposition. I don't think ideas exist until they are expressed as thoughts solidified in some tangible form.

I agree that ideas have the utmost power. People kill and die for God, which is essentially an idea. People kill and die for "freedom", "country", "democracy", "status"—all of these mere ideas, concepts that misdirect people to violence and murder to see them achieved.

It is the scariest and most important aspect of consciousness...Ideas are the foundations of a persons reality and yet we dont even take the time to consider where we got ours or who we pass them on to.

top topics

join