It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston police chief resigns. Will he replace Napolitano?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
After submitting his resignation letter yesterday, Commissioner Ed Davis will hold a news conference about it tomorrow, on Monday, September 23rd.

Boston Police spokeswoman Cheryl Fiandaca said Davis handed his resignation to Mayor Thomas M. Menino yesterday. Davis will hold a press conference at 10 a.m. at BPD headquarters tomorrow. He is leaving in 30 to 60 days, Fiandaca said. - See more at: bostonherald.com...

Does anyone see a planned agenda ahead?

Davis has been considering leaving for several months but committed to Menino to staying through the summer, sources told the Herald. He has been mentioned as a possible candidate to replace Janet Napolitano as Secretary of Homeland Security. - See more at: bostonherald.com...

Some may wonder if the Boston bombing and all it entailed were a vetting test of sorts to become head of the DHS. The article also mentions he may teach at Harvard. Whatever happens, it will be interesting times ahead. I am still reeling from the horrible spectacle of watching militarized police in his city.

Source
edit on 22-9-2013 by aboutface because: typo

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Maybe that was his backdoor deal and agreement to turning his city into an armed camp and test case for a martial law movie gone wild after the Marathon bombings.

It figures...if that's how this goes. It would be someone with a proven record of happily accepting abuse at the levels Boston saw during that.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Actually i think he figured out "who phoned in the bomb scare" to the Boston Court House, that day.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Fishy indeed!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

*boggles* Even post NSA-DEA-FBI Snowden controversies - they just keep on keeping on with the Same. Exact. Agenda. They not only don't care but are so readily demonstrating they believe they don't ~have~ to care. We aren't even a blip of a threat to them - those of us interested in, golly-gee, preserving freedoms.

At times I want to say it's surreal but really - who is surprised by this? Now I'd be surprised if it didn't play out like that. -Mags

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Actually with Janet "Butch" Napolitano leavng as Homeland secretary figure he can be approved by Senate
with minimal opposition

Obama is in no shape for long political fight over nominee

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by firefight

I was afraid someone would say something like that. Actually I don't know much about the man other than the horrid display of martial law, but I have this ominous feeling of a continued deliberately planned downward spiral. The next false flag, uh exercise, is due in a few weeks with the failure of the grid. Will he be the one for the top job by then?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I've had a feeling he was going to leave for the feds.

On a side note, from what I understand he's not well liked within the police department, especially with some of those who were directly involved in the marathon investigation.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Failure of the grid? I must have missed something.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

Take your pick among all the grid failure threads listed here
edit on 23-9-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

KEMIK
I've had a feeling he was going to leave for the feds.

On a side note, from what I understand he's not well liked within the police department, especially with some of those who were directly involved in the marathon investigation.

That raises an interesting point about whether the opinion of the people below him matter when TPTB make their choices, doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Of course it doesn't matter what the "minions" think. All that matters is who you know, what clique you belong to, etc. Let's face it, we've all seen people put in high power positions that don't exactly fit the criteria. I'm not implying that Mr. Davis doesn't.

...another side note...

My prediction: Evans will be the next commissioner.
edit on 23-9-2013 by KEMIK because: typo

new topics

top topics

join