It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life Sized AT-ST for Sale! All hail the Empire!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Anyone got $16,000 dollars i could borrow for awhile?
Promise i will get it back to you.
After a series of daring bank robberies

Gizmodo

How many of us, at some point or another, have actively fantasized about how cool it would be to own an Imperial AT-ST Scout walker? The answer should be "all of us." There's a chance to make that dream come (kind of) true, and it only costs $15,698.62. Roughly.

The badass walker in question is a "life-sized" 16-foot replica/statue being sold by hollywoods-finest-stuff on Ebay right now. But there are a few catches. First, it's in the UK (the price is actually £9,800) and if you want it at your house you'll have to figure that out yourself. Second, a AT-ST isn't 16 feet tall; it's like 28 feet tall. At least, if Imperial meters are the same as Earth meters but hey, you saw the movies. You know what these look like.

The thrilling description on Ebay reads as follows:

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity! Never has one of these come up for sale EVER!! This is a completely one off, stunning hand made static display replica, built very sturdily from Metal and Wood. It has been fully weather proofed and can live outside! It even comes fitted to it's own trailer, which it easily removes from, as it is fitted to a metal frame stand so it doesn't have to be displayed on the trailer.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Meh, I'd rather have the ED-209.

edit on 22-9-2013 by gladtobehere because:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Try Japan...they are available there...
Kid friendly robot suit

Kuratas
edit on 22-9-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Isn't that the bot that turned the lab guys into a pink mist by mistake? lol.... Oh the little quirks of technology.

I'll take the AT-ST though ...if those guns fire live projectiles, anyway. I don't need laser blasters...just, say 50 cal - 20mm between the side mounts and main guns, respectively. That'll about do me for my commute to and from school. Muhahahahah.....
edit on 22-9-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Apparently it's illegal to own firearms in Japan, so the Kuratas (in theory) can be modified to fire a real weapon but the standard model uses the equivalent of a nerf gun. Imagine taking any of these things to Comic-Con!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

edit on 22-9-2013 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I was kidding about the guns of course... I'm sure he didn't engineer it to handle the recoil alone. I'm laughing here imagining a 20mm firing from the main gun position and seeing the gun fly further backward, through the model, than the bullet goes out the other end. lol...

That's one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time though and nice catch on it! Talk about a dedication to something.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Gosh, that's quite a unit!

What is it they say about fools, money and the ease of separation?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

That is awesome! My property is three acres, half of which are wooded how wicked cool would it be to have that standing back in the woods? I love it!

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Kuratas

The vehicle can be "armed" with multiple weapons, such as a 6,000 round per minute twin BB Gatling cannon,[1] a "LOHAS" launcher which fires either water bottles [3] or possibly fireworks,[2] and a powered humanoid hand called the "iron crow" that is capable of picking up objects, and is linked to the pilot by "what appears to be a Nintendo Power Glove".[1] The main Suidobashi website lists two other "weapons", a "Kuratas Handgun", and a "Pilebunker".[5]

I think you could # someone up with a 6000 round per minute twin gatling BB Cannon! LOL

Main Site for Orders

@Octave
If thats the case then the AT-ST would make the most awesome tree house any kid could ask for.....

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity! Never has one of these come up for sale EVER!!
There is a dam good reason for that. Due to the fact that the manufacturer had failed to notice the obvious design flaw which allows the AT-ST to easily become immobilized by a lil bit of rope, they were discontinued.

Vader killed the CEO, and all the other members of the board. Not only did he mind-choke them all, but he then completely destroyed the entire Planet where they were made.

If you do happen to buy one, you better make sure Vader never finds out about it.

edit on 9/22/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I wonder if I could deal to have the Tardis sold with it.

It can be seen in the last picture of the AT-ST in the link!
Then I would fit it IN the Tardis, IN my home... lol

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

NowanKenubi

Then I would fit it IN the Tardis, IN my home... lol

You lost me on that one. I thought maybe you lived in a barn. lol

The curiosity was too much for me, so I had to ask wiki what the heck you were talking about.

So just in case anyone else wants to know, but doesn't know what you're talking about, then this may (or may not) help.

The TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension in Space) is a time machine and spacecraft in the British science fiction television programme Doctor Who and its associated spin-offs.

A TARDIS is a product of the advanced technology of the Time Lords, an extraterrestrial civilisation to which the programme's central character, the Doctor, belongs. A properly maintained and piloted TARDIS can transport its occupants to any point in time and any place in the universe. The interior of a TARDIS is much larger than its exterior ("It's bigger on the inside"), which can blend in with its surroundings using the ship's "chameleon circuit".

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

There is a dam good reason for that. Due to the fact that the manufacturer had failed to notice the obvious design flaw which allows the AT-ST to easily become immobilized by a lil bit of rope, they were discontinued.

That, and they were never field tested or approved for arctic environments.

top topics

join