It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama urges new gun law push at CBC Foundation dinner

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It seems more and more each day we are confronted with another mass shooting. I am sure we have all noticed the pattern... It happens in "Gun Free Zones".

Its to the point that even some liberal friends have changed their point of view on the issue. More and more it seems that the people behind these events are on some meds or have un-diagnosed psych problems. Which is more often than not the case for all shootings in one way or another.

Taking the guns away from the masses will not prevent another mass shooting, I believe it would cause more. Thus we need to do the exact opposite. Relax anti second amendment laws and allow people to carry open or concealed. Ever since I was in a situation where I had to take the guys gun he had pointed at me one late night at a gas station, I either avoid those situations or I carry just so I would have a fighting chance against anyone that seeks to do me harm. Some situations I prefer open carry other I will go into concealed.

Its is always better to have a gun and never need it than to not have it and wish you did.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg
I see. So in other words this thread is going to consist of a group of tea baggers wailing about how nasty Obama is and repeating every known half-assed falsehood that they've ever heard and probably misunderstood. I have better things to do with my time. Good luck with making your tinfoil hats and then watching out for the black helicopters.

WOW..
Instead of intelligent debate we get namecalling and an obvious retreat. You don't think the "teabaggers" have the smarts to see thru your tactic? Hell, anyone over seventeen could see through that. You got nothing. You're either a government shill paid to derail threads like this or a happy lil welfare slave. No one else with half a brain would respond like that. Thanks for proving the teabaggers right

edit on 22-9-2013 by riffraff because: Autocorrect was wrong

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg
I have better things to do with my time. Good luck with making your tinfoil hats and then watching out for the black helicopters.

Maybe you have somehow forgot what web forum you were on...

I do have a question for you though...

What would you do if you were in charge?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

riffraff
WOW..
Instead of intelligent debate we get namecalling and an obvious retreat. You don't think the "teabaggers" have the smarts to see thru your tactic? Hell, anyone over seventeen could see through that. You got nothing. You're either a government shill paid to derail threads like this or a happy lil welfare slave. No one else with half a brain would respond like that. Thanks for proving the teabaggers right

Thanks for the insults. You just proved that I was right about this thread. Congratulations!
And by the way I'm not a government shil and I'm not on welfare. I just have a working brain.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
What is the old saying again? "Doing the same things over and over again, and expecting different results is the definition of insanity"? Something like that. Gun restriction is not working in them cities, let's try it on the whole nation, maybe that will help!

The only way to achieve the "Utopia" these useful idiots want is a total police state. In and out of the cities, there must be TSA style security, strip searches for everyone going in. Short of that, there will never be a gun free city. These morons know it's not working, but direct the blame everywhere but themselves. It is pathetic, and I still cannot believe people are still buying their rubbish logic.
edit on Sun, 22 Sep 2013 11:50:32 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Half life provides a real cool environment to run around in, I wouldn't want to live there.

You know I have to be honest. I really don't so much mind people derailing my threads or loosely commenting off topic, because I am the absolute worst when it comes down to it. I think I may have even derailed my OP within my OP. Anyway I enjoy seeing where these conversations go.

That having been said I do try to stay on topic in others OP's
edit on 22-9-2013 by WWJFKD because: elaborating

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg

riffraff
WOW..

Thanks for the insults. You just proved that I was right about this thread. Congratulations!
And by the way I'm not a government shil and I'm not on welfare. I just have a working brain.

I thought you were gone...I thought you had better things to do. It's almost as if you're trying to derail the thread. Ok smart guy, I've got a challenge for ya: if Obama is so great name one thing he has made better for you since he took office.

Ps.. You want compliments? Ok thank you for teaching me something new about myself. I hate republicans and I LOATHE democrats. I thought that made me independent. But apparently I'm a tinfoil hat wearing teabagger. And for my newfound self awareness I thank you.

Pss-- I'm still waiting to hear that one great thing that Obama had done for you
edit on 22-9-2013 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2013 by riffraff because: Autocorrect

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

Obamacare. Ended the war in Iraq. Ending the war in Afghanistan. The economy has recovered from the worst disaster since the Great Depression. Abolished Don't Ask Don't Tell. Issued the order to finally do what Dubya couldn't do and kill Osama bin Laden.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Obamacare - a nice new tax that will make it even harder to get medical care. Good job there

Iraq - was scheduled to end by "Dubya", Obama had @^#%$ all to do with that ending. NO CREDIT

Afghanistan - the Obama administration is still fighting to keep boots on the ground beyond 2014.

Economic Recovery - tens of billions a month in "funny money". Welfare rolls have doubled under Obama and the median family income in America has shrunk. You are delusional if you believe we are recovering.

DA/DT - That was a good thing done for the wrong reason. Face value =equality. Truth = it will add close to 30% (if not more) to the cost of financial support and family benefits. (cloward-piven in uniform)

Bin Laden - prove it!
edit on 22-9-2013 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Obamacare - it's starting to have an impact and the costs will come down.

Iraq - Dubya was stupid enough to get into it in the first place. Oh and the U.S.-Iraq Status of Forces Agreement was largely provisional and could have been renegotiated. Obama didn't renegotiate.

Afghanistan - halving of the US presence by 2014. That's called the beginning of the end.

Economic recovery - do you have any idea how bad the hole was? To get to this point with the recovery (and yes, it is a recovery) took a lot of work.

DADT - it was just the right thing done for the right reason. Let's agree to disagree with that.

Bin laden - the man's dead. Prove what?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg
There has been a succession of maniacs waving guns around and shooting people. Obama calls for more background checks and suddenly he's a gun-grabbing traitor? Right. Overreaction much?

Hay Bora da there cuz.

The problem with these gun policies is that they cant show results from a test bed. There has been no test bed. They try to use an ate up situation like Chicago to implicate the rest of the nation. Let them go into Chicago and do what needs done, then show result of their gun and crime policies. They want us to sign off on a national plan that cant even be show to work in a test bed situation.

Now consider that if they did go into Chicago and try to rearrange things to show results it would end up being a domestic policy nightmare from which they would never recover. Worse than the very worse of a nightmare foreign policy fiasco that could be dreamed up in Hollywood.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg
reply to post by randyvs

Please state what he's done that's even remotely treasonous.

We have a process to get rid of the 2nd amendment to the constitution. Its the real legal avenue provided by the constitution. But he could never pull that off.

So he infringes on a right that "shall not be infringed" by trying to usurp the constitution with executive orders and legislative propositions. Its all very treasonous really. But "none dare call it treason".

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Obamacare was the first thing you named. I find that very, very...strange. In all honesty I've only met two other people in the whole world who thought obamacare was a good idea. They were both twenty year olds who thought free healthcare was a human right, but had no idea what obamacare actually was.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I did not know Obama was credited with ending the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. Ending wars are a very good thing.
If that's what Obama is about then what's the deal with gitmo?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The man is so far off from the job of a president that he can not differentiate his butt from his mouth.

Still the Gun agenda has gone into full gear under Obamacaca presidency and this should be a big red flag for any American constitution loving citizen.

It stills amazes me that people can defend him with the prove of what he has done in 5 years.

Screw more America than already is

Is ok, when it comes to the agendas of what once used to be US government, they are this days clear enough.

This gun grabbing agenda is priority and by god it has to be fulfilled before the next elections.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

" Perhaps to get guns out of dangerous peoples hands would be a good idea..."

The Ulterior Motive of that Logic would lead to Getting Guns out of Everyone's Hands in this Country , and if that Ever happened , then the Goverment would be the Only ARMED members of this Great Nation finding themselves having Total Control over Everyone Else . There is a Word describing that Scenario , it's called Tyranny ....

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Allow me to be the first to say that there is currently no organization I consider more full of dangerous persons than those within the Federal government.

Aside from their considerable firepower we will also need to wrestle away their pens which they are proving daily are truly mightier than the sword.

The thing people don't seem to understand is the founders considered the Federal Govt. a necessary evil. They would have loved to have been able to function without one, but they knew that was unrealistic. So they made damn sure that they could keep their thumb on it by providing the people every tool to insure that it would not become some mammoth leviathan. They made sure that the govt. had clearly defined duties and furthermore restrictions on what it could not do that would be turned over to the individual states.

And despite all of this they foresaw a day when this country would be invaded, when it would be invaded from "within".

And the only way that happens is if the people do not utilize the tools which were made available (at great cost).

A Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, “Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?” With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, “A republic, if you can keep it.”

edit on 22-9-2013 by WWJFKD because: elaborate - love to elaborate
if you can keep it
edit on 22-9-2013 by WWJFKD because: further elaboration

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

" Aside from their considerable firepower we will also need to wrestle away their pens which they are proving daily are truly mightier than the sword. "

History has Proven over time that the "Pen is Mightier than the Sword " , and the Written Law shoud be Considered Absolute when it comes to protecting Mens Freedoms in a Free Society such as the United States of America . The Next Battle between Tyranny Vs Freedom should be Fought in a Court of Law , not in the Streets with Guns . If those who we have Empowered as the Interpiters of the Law are found " Wanting " , then it is up to the People to replace them knowing No One should be Above the Law.......

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Meanwhile he is shipping guns to Syria, Libya, Mexico...etc.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg
There has been a succession of maniacs waving guns around and shooting people. Obama calls for more background checks and suddenly he's a gun-grabbing traitor? Right. Overreaction much?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join