It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama urges new gun law push at CBC Foundation dinner

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Its been many moons since I posted a new thread so forgive me if I botch it with the new format.

Obama urges new gun law push at CBC Foundation dinner
www.foxnews.com...

I believed from the start he was or at least would prove to be a gun grabber and everyday my belief is fortified by actions and statements he makes. And this is just the latest round of reaffirmation.

""We can't rest until all of our children can go to school or walk down the street free from the fear that they will be struck down by a stray bullet,"

"to get back up and go back at it" and help push stalled legislation out of Congress so dangerous people won't get their hands on guns."

Perhaps to get guns out of dangerous peoples hands would be a good idea. People like this for instance:

Two Women Hit By Stray Bullets by Police Officers in Times Square
news92fm.com...

I mean less dangerous people know you are responsible for hitting your target including where that bullet may go if it exits the target.

"Just two days ago in his other hometown of Chicago, 13 people out watching a game of pickup basketball at a neighborhood park were wounded by gunfire, including a 3-year-old boy.

This past Monday in Washington, 12 people were slain by a gunman who later was killed by police. Obama was preparing to speak Sunday evening at a memorial service in Washington for victims of that shooting."

Now if you are quick on the draw it does not take a rocket scientist to pick out the common thread here between these quotes and my example of dangerous persons with guns.

New York
Chicago
Washington

All with some of the most stringent gun control measures in the country continue to provide us the most egregious acts of gun violence. Why you ask - because gun control does not work. It works for criminals because they could careless what the law states other than making their job easier. And it allows an out of control Govt. to sleep well at night knowing they don't have to fear an armed populace.

Meanwhile it makes everyone who is a law abiding citizen a potential victim. There is a line in the sand on the issue of gun confiscation and although we may not be there yet as a country I believe there is a strong desire to get there and I shudder to think what happens if this line is crossed. Its not a question of guts courage apathy or any of that mess. It comes down to what is more dangerous than a man with nothing left to lose.

Were not other countries were the United States. Countless examples are made by people from other countries of the tyrannical Govt. which we have here. We cant just disarm or lay don arms like others because of this. We ave to maintain the "Threat" of force because we no longer have their ear for peaceful redress.

All throughout the coldwar an awkward peace was achieved through the threat of mutually assured destruction and it wasn't ideal but it wasn't what it could have become.

I would like to live a world of peace and love all the time but were here and I cannot in good conscious believe at this time that if given the opportunity that this Govt. would not smash us like a bug.

"The White House said after Monday's shooting that Obama is using his executive authority to tighten access to guns and remains committed to strengthening gun laws, including requiring background checks for sales online and at gun shows."

The road to hell is paved with good intentions friends...
edit on 22-9-2013 by WWJFKD because: tried to tighten up quotes

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The economy is falling to pieces... Unemployment is rising and the only time it DOES seem to come down is when people just flat don't qualify to maintain benefits anymore and we haven't had a budget since 2009.

All this ...and this idiot is focused on GUNS?! He's not a President and he's no leader. He's a cheap activist with the world's largest soap box with little or no concern to anything outside his own idea of what matters most.

We're DOOMED with a man like this at the helm. The only thing worse than him is Biden.

Doomed.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
What really boils my blood about this is how they will use it to come after the "normal" citizen.

Congress needs to pass gun laws. I am 100% patriot, I gave up 21 years of my life to the nation, and even I say we need stricter gun laws.

1. Any crime committed with a firearm automatically eliminates any and all possibility of parole, probation, or plea.

2. Anyone found in possession of an illegal firearm is given 10-years (see above).

3. Gangs should be treated as terrorist organizations as well as organized crime syndicates. The shooting in Chicago is no different that shooting in Baghdad. Rather that interpretation of a book (Middle East). we shoot each other over colors or sports teams (USA). They violence they commit is done to incite terror and as such should condemn them as terrorists.

That is common sense gun law. What the democrats want to do is disarm everyone EXCEPT themselves. Feinstien still carries hers and she admits she carried it illegally for years. But, the serfs do not need them.

The problem we face in the inner cities (where a vast majority of gun violence occurs) is the racial demographic. Passing any of the laws I proposed would instantly be attacked by the ACLU and the NAACP. Not because the laws wouldn't work, but because a majority of those affected would be African-American. Yet in the same breath they will tell you that African-Americans are not the ones committing the shootings.

A majority of "mass shooting" are conducted by European-Americans. Every few months some cracka goes off his rocker and kills 15-20 people. It makes national headlines and all the media outlets run with it. What they never say is that the number of people killed in "mass shootings" pales when compared to the crime statistics of America's inner cities.

They government does not care if people are being killed. Never have, never will. They want the populace disarmed. If they cared about the people in America they would throw the PC garbage out the window and go after handguns. 90%+ of the daily shootings in America are with a handgun and not a peep. But any chance the media/white house gets and they will demonize the AR-15. Why? It chambers the same round as the military and NATO. It allows any resistance in the US to become guerilla forces that can scavenge off the "peace keepers".

The whole "gun control" debate will never work. Even if they railroaded it through and made the weapons illegal, how many people would turn them in? All they would have done is made a hundred million new felons at the stoke of an auto-pen.
edit on 22-9-2013 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

All this ...and this idiot is focused on GUNS?! He's not a President and he's no leader. He's a cheap activist with the world's largest soap box with little or no concern to anything outside his own idea of what matters most.

I don't see how you can call him an idiot Wrabbit. He knows exactly what he's doing
and he's functioning like clockwork. He just has different agenda than the one you and I
and all the people that don't count for crap, think he should have. No big surprise that he's
a lying backstabbing traitor is it ? His role is to tear this country apart. Nothing less.
edit on 22-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
There has been a succession of maniacs waving guns around and shooting people. Obama calls for more background checks and suddenly he's a gun-grabbing traitor? Right. Overreaction much?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

If he was intelligent, he'd be doing all this without the public being so pissed off at him personally, he can barely get a crowd to show up for his own appearances, let alone others he has his people put on for one cause or another. His fundraising crowds are, obviously, preaching to his most loyal choir. His general public stuff? Well.... He sure doesn't pack 'em in, does he?

A competent professional or even well functioning fool on a leash would perform better than he is. We're seeing a pure amateur at this point, in over his head, and slowly becoming aware of it. It's not a good thing to watch happen.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

and suddenly he's a gun-grabbing

No there's nothing sudden about it. He's been a traitror
at least since he took office. You should be able to see
that even thru your eyelids.
edit on 22-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

Could not have said that better myself. You're right its not about less stringent gun laws its about directing them at the right people. Its bad enough you imprison a "non-violent" drug offender but then label him a felon and take away his gun rights.

But yes - zero tolerance on gun violations for sure and that means no matter who committed the violation.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

His fundraising crowds are, obviously, preaching to his most loyal choir. His general public stuff? Well.... He sure doesn't pack 'em in, does he?

I just don't think he gives bats ass about any of that. He's on a mission tho that's for sure.
And the mission is so obvious, we can hardly believe it.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Please state what he's done that's even remotely treasonous.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I would start with "provided aid and comfort to a known enemy during a time of war".

LIBYA

EGYPT

SYRIA

Not really sure how your brand of tip-toeing around treason works though.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Hey, I'll make that REAL easy. He just officially gave himself a waiver from the prohibition of funding or actively supporting terrorist organizations so HE could fund one with Al Qaeda as direct members in Syria. That's funding the enemy. An enemy we are still losing US Soldiers to, daily, in Afghanistan.

I call that treason. Now...getting it into a court and proving to the terms of the Constitution for that specific charge...that is the challenge.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

They want a new system, they want the proverbial "utopia" like so many before them, that has never worked. Even the "architect" in the Matrix knew that the ideal society, or what people think an ideal society is leads to utter chaos and malcontent.

They are working on some new colossal omelette and you cant do that without first breaking some eggs.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I see. So in other words this thread is going to consist of a group of tea baggers wailing about how nasty Obama is and repeating every known half-assed falsehood that they've ever heard and probably misunderstood. I have better things to do with my time. Good luck with making your tinfoil hats and then watching out for the black helicopters.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Lets not degrade this to the level of a scrap on the school yard.

I enjoy intelligent conversation and well thought out opposition. You're question regarding treasonous acts was answered and I anxiously await your retort. A member since 2011 knows better.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

This thread started off in the school yard I'm afraid. And I'm walking away from it now. Apologies but I have no patience with threads like this. They just turn into a succession of bilious posts that throw insults at Obama and then accuse him of high crimes and misdemeanors based on little if any evidence. I tip my hat to you sir and walk off.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I do not know you, you do not know me. I have never been affiliated with any political parties nor do I plan on ever doing so. I have always voted based on what I thought the candidate stood for and brought to the office.

Calling me a name will not win your case.

Explain how providing arms and material support to known terrorist organizations was not an act of treason, pretty please

Please do not think I place that all on President Obama, for no man in DC works alone. He has an entire cohort of traitors with him.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg
reply to post by randyvs

Please state what he's done that's even remotely treasonous.

Start here.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

Yes because mandatory minimums have been wonderful for the prison industry.

No new laws are needed, only enforcement of existing laws on the book.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Gun control legislation...

No problem.. We can start with the Secret Service, then Homeland security, then NOAA, the FDA, the USDA, etc etc etc.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join