It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: What is the name of this movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I have been looking through my browser history but between all my devices, I can't seem to find what I need. That is, the name of a movie that isn't out yet, or perhaps just opened. I stumbled upon it and now I'd like to read more about it but I can't find it. It's about people who work(ed) for the gov't trying to spread doubt and confusion about UFOs. The name is something like Confusion, but not that, I don't think. If anybody knows what I'm talking about, please reply, and if you have a link, more's the better.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

lindalinda
I have been looking through my browser history but between all my devices, I can't seem to find what I need. That is, the name of a movie that isn't out yet, or perhaps just opened. I stumbled upon it and now I'd like to read more about it but I can't find it. It's about people who work(ed) for the gov't trying to spread doubt and confusion about UFOs. The name is something like Confusion, but not that, I don't think. If anybody knows what I'm talking about, please reply, and if you have a link, more's the better.

Thanks!

Sirius?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by lindalinda

The Fourth Kind? Based on true events in Alaska.

Good luck finding what your looking for

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Xquizit
The Fourth Kind? Based on true events in Alaska.

Um, "The Fourth Kind" was not based on true events. Just because the movie says it is based off true events, doesn't make it so. Do a little searching around the internet. You'll find that you've been deceived. But, that was all part of the movie.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Was it Lunopolis?

Maybe The Hidden Hand?

Is it a documentary or maybe a mockumentary?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Did a search and came up with a possible alternative for you. Mirage Men deals with the same subject matter. Tagline is: How the US Government created a myth that took over the world.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Hahaha. Get out of here!?!

Well, in my defense my husband told me it was, and.... I believed him. Lol

I am not gullible nor am i blonde. Just so you all know

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

Don't feel bad, most of us were duped when we watched that movie. I did a little research into the "facts" of the movie after I watched it and was sorely disappointed. Disappointed so much that I'll never watch that movie again, as good as it was.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I suppose your telling me the Blair witch project wasn't real either.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I went into the movie knowing it was a mockmentuary...
and to the other poster: Yes Blair Witch & Paranormal Activity were fake lol

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

"Blair Witch " how about this Blair Witch??

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

LMAO

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

did a special search at imdb...they list movies that come out each month since you thought it was recent...went from dec 2012 through jan 2014 (yes they list movies not out yet)

nothing fit your criteria....the name came up nada as well

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Xquizit
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Don't take it so hard, lots of people believed it was based on true events because that is exactly how they promoted it. It was in the ads and on the posters; it just turned out to not be true. I know people that still think The Blair Witch was real and its not that they are super gullible, they just do not mass feed upon media so they hear a little something and nothing else so they believe that little something.

The only thing I could come up with for the OP was 1994's Roswell the UFO coverup and I doubt that is what they are looking for.
edit on 21-9-2013 by 1104light because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

There's a multi part documentary coming out or is out called, "The Coming Strong Delusion" it deals with all facets of the UFO story. The video may have been pulled.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Yes, that rings a bell! Thanks very much!

WhiteAlice

Did a search and came up with a possible alternative for you. Mirage Men deals with the same subject matter. Tagline is: How the US Government created a myth that took over the world.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I am pretty sure that is a movie that really made me mad. When a movie says it is based on true events, and shows the "real" so-and-so then the actor, we take them at their word. I sensed something was off because if there really was footage of the events in the movie, I thought I would have seen them before and the incident would have been more widely known. But I thought the story must have been exaggerated, not completely made up. I didn't think they would say it's true if it wasn't.

The next day, after a rare sleepless night, I told my co-workers I had been terribly disturbed and scared by a movie that was a true story. I googled the movie and felt both anger and embarrassment. I had just urged them to see the movie and now I had to go warn them not to see it, because I had been duped. I'm against over-regulation by gov't, but I do think there should be industry-enforced standards that guard against such things.

If you recall, the movie Fargo claimed to be based on true events, but it wasn't. Consequently, the authorities are constantly coming across people looking for buried treasure. To me, it's irresponsible on the part of the filmmakers. You can't say a broadcast is live if it isn't, so you shouldn't be able to say a story is true if it isn't!

1104light

Xquizit
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Don't take it so hard, lots of people believed it was based on true events because that is exactly how they promoted it. It was in the ads and on the posters; it just turned out to not be true. I know people that still think The Blair Witch was real and its not that they are super gullible, they just do not mass feed upon media so they hear a little something and nothing else so they believe that little something.

The only thing I could come up with for the OP was 1994's Roswell the UFO coverup and I doubt that is what they are looking for.
edit on 21-9-2013 by 1104light because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join