It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riddick a review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It was a fun little film with plenty of gore, gratuitous violence, gnarly characters and Vin Diesel.
Shot mostly in front of green screen land with some fantastic sfx and the expected Vin dialog or lack there of.
Adolescent script with the mandatory profanity and goofy references but the real star of the film was the great editing and sfx/cgi. I really like how the almost monochrome, color corrected landscape established the alien feel of the film. A great cast of supporting characters, great sound trac and fantastic pacing so that you were never bored and alway anticipating the next shocking scene.

Not really my type of movie but I enjoyed it.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I can't wait to see it.

Huge fan of the Riddick universe.There is so much more that can be done with it. Hopefully this won't be the last one.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I am huge fan but I was disappointed Riddik was rediculous. Great effects good story but the lines were just....just...err... You will see.

Better to wait for the DVD.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
ill get the dvd I like the Riddick series

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Vin Diesel

LOL.
I put him right up there with Jean-Claude Van Damme, Dwayne Johnson or a number of other lousy wanna be actors.

Over budgeted stupid Hollywood nonsense.

Wanna C A Good movie....

edit on 20-9-2013 by whouwanttob because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
balls deep?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
So .. wait for it to come out 'on demand', right?
Okay ... got it. Thanks for saving us 20$ and a drive to the theatre.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I like "Pitch Black" and "Riddick"...I was completely bummed that "Dark Fury" was animation, but it helped the story line as I don't play the video games. I'm looking forward to more movies of the Riddick franchise, personally. I enjoy the character, the story line, and that the story line seems to be developing in real time as well.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Does it follow on from Chronicles well?
I like Riddick movies.
Butcher bay was a great game, Assault on dark athena was terrible and I'm sure it introduced plot holes.

Bad dialogue is expected...
I mean, "I'll kill you with my tea cup" isn't literary genius either.
edit on 27-11-2013 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by whouwanttob

LOL.
I put him right up there with Jean-Claude Van Damme, Dwayne Johnson or a number of other lousy wanna be actors.

Least there not metro gay looking actors, ill pass on your movie recommendation

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

So is this "Riddick 4"? If so I'd like to see it. I enjoy the Riddick series. Vin Diesel is a fun entertainer, predictable tuff guy with a gooey center. I like the idea of the different races in outerspace. Fun sci-fi!

new topics

top topics

join