It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you part of the 'Diabetes Epidemic'?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Are you part of the 'Diabetes Epidemic'?

Just to make sure everyone saw this.

May 16, 2013 — The presence of posttraumatic stress disorder is significantly associated with the development of type 2 diabetes.

www.sciencedaily.com...

That was an article about a study done in Germany this past spring that says that Type 2 Diabetes and PTSD are related.

Does everyone know how most civilians get PTSD outside of being through a disaster?

From Car Accidents.

So I have some questions for all of the Type 2 Diabetics on the board:

Do you get pain in your neck or between your shoulder blades?

Did you know that chronic pain raises your blood sugar?

When was the last time you heard about someone being treated for Whiplash?

Did you know that upper back injuries can interfere with breathing and that oxygen deprived muscles don't burn any blood sugar and oxygen deprived muscles don't use any insulin?

Wow, it couldn't be that we all have untreated neck and back injuries from a Car Accident and that the Medical Community has been lying to Us and our Insurance Companies so they don't get caught in the middle of a pissing contest between a Car Insurance company and a Health Insurance company over who has to pay the bills, could it?

I find it very hard to believe that someone who was smart enough to get a doctorate isn't smart enough to figure out a correlation with all of this.

If these doctors aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing for us Diabetes patients, the blame for this Type 2 Diabetes Epidemic will be resting solely on the shoulders of the Medical Community.

edit on 20-9-2013 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CryHavoc

While I don't have Diabetes, I did have a serious neck injury and I can see how constant pain can lead to all sorts of bad things. Physical therapy and continual exercise since then has really helped, almost back to 100%.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
hi i have been diagnosed with diabetes 2 years ago an yes i am in constant pain but not from a car accident,i have oesteo arthritus, just wondering if the link between severe pain an diabetes is true, something to think about

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

No. Not diabetic. I have do a mutation but it's not diabetes.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The worst thing is I have read so many articles of supression of a cure for diabetes. There are many articles out there of ways that diabetes has been cured.

There's a doctor Valdez in Mexico who used a protective "cell pouch" to hold transplanted cells that are protected from the immune system that attacks type 1 diabetics' insulin producing cells. Dr. Valdez cured 31 patients of type 1 diabetes, and lost his medical license in Mexico. Dr. Valdez went to a compnay out of Canada called Sernova. See the thread linked in my signature for info about what Sernova is trying to do, with the help of the famous Dr. Shapiro who worked on the Edmonton Protocol to use transplants to cure T1D!

The pharmaceutical companies that make the insulin, test strips, ketone test strips, lancets, syringes, glucose tablets, insulin pump supplies, and other medications that diabetics need to survive make many billions off of their products each year. I sincerely believe that big-pharma doesn't truly want to let any cures out.

Diabetes is one of the biggest cash cows, and I hope that one of the companies working on a cure will be allowed to be released. Usually the big pharma buys out cures though....

Link to Topix.com discussion of a suppressed type 2 herbal cure:

Asian Diabetic Association - Diabetes The Final Cure

Quoted from the article:

The diagnosing, treatment, and testing of Diabetes brings in over $10 Million Dollars every hour of the day to Doctors, Pharmaceutical companies, and testing supply businesses. With that much money on the line the medical, pharmaceutical and testing supply companies will go to extreme lengths to silence information about natural treatment of diabetes. It was widely reported that one company, which had successful results with an herbal treatment, was offered $30,000,000 to take the product off the market.

There are thousands of similar stories oun the web out there of diabetes cure suppresion.

I agree that diabetes can be influenced by PTSD. Stress has well-known blood-sugar raising effects. They need to hurry up and cure it! I could picture the USA someday being the curing center for the world, if only the pharmaceutical companies and the bureaucrats from the FDA would realize how much money it could save the citizens of our country each year. Unfortunately, they keep saying the cure is 5 years out...since 1922....

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

just a thought i meant to add to my last post but forgot (maybe it is damaging my brain cells
) when i get upset or worried about something my blood sugar levels drop drastically, i get the shakes etc. So i can see how severe pain would not help with your blood sugar levels, an thats just my experience.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by imnothereru

That sounds like hyoglycemia, or low blood sugar. Diabetes a.k.a. hyperglycemia is a lack of insulin production by the pancreas, hypoglycemia is overproduciton of the hormone insulin. I think it is possible that stress/pain can cause lower blood sugars in hypoglycemic people, where stress/pain will generally cause high blood sugars for diabetics.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by InFriNiTee

as i said above in my earlier post yes i am diabetic
and i know about hypoglycemia, i was comparing the pain an the worry with my drops in blood sugar, which i have noticed.Thanks for the info tho it was much appreciated
dam re reading your post i must be tired an my body is doing things backwards, i knew i was odd but ....um ok ...im odd
edit on 20-9-2013 by imnothereru because: spelling woops

edit on 20-9-2013 by imnothereru because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I've got webbed toes and rheumatoid arthritis.

and right now I'm laughing my ass off because I just saw that in a sentence.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

ok you made me laugh, but arthritus isnt to be laughed at

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

imnothereru
reply to post by beezzer

ok you made me laugh, but arthritus isnt to be laughed at

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Did you know that chronic pain raises your blood sugar.

Did you know that upper back injuries can interfere with breathing and that oxygen deprived muscles don't burn any blood sugar and oxygen deprived muscles don't use any insulin?

Any sleep disorder or pain disorder can cause diabetes. i have sleep apnea, fibromyaliga, and small fiber neuropathy and have not been able to work since 2003 because of the constant pain.

They all limit the amount of exercise you can do and your ability to burn off weight.

And with the sleep disorders you are awake many more hours then normal and eat more.

And with the DEA going after doctors we are able to do even less to control weight.

edit on 20-9-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

ANNED

Did you know that chronic pain raises your blood sugar.

Any sleep disorder or pain disorder can cause diabetes. i have sleep apnea, fibromyaliga, and small fiber neuropathy and have not been able to work since 2003 because of the constant pain.

They all limit the amount of exercise you can do and your ability to burn off weight.

And with the sleep disorders you are awake many more hours then normal and eat more.

And with the DEA going after doctors we are able to do even less to control weight.

edit on 20-9-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

i totally agree with the pain, inactivity, an weight gain,as before i had the arthritus i was a very active person.Since it became worse, the wheelchair became nessecary, the weight gain followed.Then came the diabetes, kind of all crept up on me, i also dont sleep much
but since i was diagnosed as diabetic i have lost weight, i just wish they would sort out these supposed cures, an stop paying big pharma companys off to hide them away.

And a laugh a day helps with it all

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I was 12.5 on A1c test 4 months ago. Two weeks ago I was 6.5...near normal, but my cholesterol doubled and triglycerides were off the chart. As soon as I fix one thing, another goes out of whack.

One thing in my history has always been consistent. As soon as I leave the states for a few weeks, my numbers normalize, I feel better and I begin to lose weight. I lost over 30 pounds in 5 weeks while I was in eastern Europe a few years back. I've had these experiences for 20 years now.

Until a few weeks ago I was sure it was the food that we have here in the states. To some degree it is but there are also skinny people here that eat as bad as anyone.

I recently began reading about the studies on gut bacteria and their effect on how the body works. It seems that skinny people have different flora in the intestinal tract than fat people. Studies show that mice injected with the cultures from obese people's digestive tracts become obese as well.

There are many studies on the subject and a few decent articles. I finally found a book on the issue as well and am fairly confident that gut organisms do affect the way the body works. I've been on steady probiotics as well as using fermented foods (kimchi and saurkraut) for a few weeks and feel more energetic. My blood sugars are up a bit on fasting but well within normal. My cholesterol and triglycerides are reducing.

I've been making my own lactic fermented products for years but always relied on environmental cultures. I went down to the Korean market and got kimchi there and use it for a starter now. It seems to make a difference. Korea is the skinniest developed country so I figure what better place to get a good set of skinny bugs to have a skinny gut?

Anyway.
Type 2? Been there, got the t-shirt, painful nerve endings and numb toes to go along with it.

I also bought another 300 pounds of weights and started 5x5 training.

I'm not giving up.

edit on 21-9-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Good catch. Glad to see the proofs rolling in that "lifestyle"/"obesity" is NOT the real culprit. ...fyi - it's well proven that chronic diseases like diabetes start with misfolded proteins - and that environmental stress causes proteins to misfold. Also fyi - diabetes is pandemic, not epidemic.

The diabetes pandemic

The Lancet (2007)

...On June 25, we published a paper by Goodarz Danaei and colleagues reporting that the rate of diabetes worldwide has reached an alarming proportion. The 199 country analysis, which included 2·7 million individuals, estimated that the number of adults with diabetes has doubled within the past three decades—up from 153 million in 1980 to 347 million in 2008. Although 70% of the observed increase is attributed to population growth and ageing, the number also reflects the unfortunate global shift towards a western lifestyle of unhealthy diet and physical inactivity, with obesity as the outcome.

[NOTE the "explanation" that the Diabetes Pandemic reflects "a western lifestyle of unhealthy diet and physical inactivity, with obesity as the outcome."

S&F

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

soficrow
Glad to see the proofs rolling in that "lifestyle"/"obesity" is NOT the real culprit...

Yes, it's time to stop blaming the patients and start blaming the doctors that aren't fixing it. Right now, the doctors are being paid to accomplish nothing. That needs to end. We're not here to make them rich. When the doctor being paid is more important than the patient being cured, they've defeated their own purpose.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by imnothereru

I think we can all agree that they should have cured this a long time ago by now. Look at everything that can be done with science. Diabetes costs Americans (and the gov) about $250,000 million a year (250 billion dollars). If the pharmaceutical companies that care about us so much (/end sarcasm) spent even 10% of that, it would have been out a long time ago!

The scariest thing for all of the diabetic people who are dependant on their genetically modified "insulin" is what happens when this big economic crash that they've been talking about for years happens? It's happened before in Russia, I heard about 50,000 diabetics dying every year in that country because they couldn't get access to insulin for a few years.

Unfortunately I am a diabetic too. That's why I wrote the Sernova thread. I hope they are successful in the lab and it makes it to the real world. Best wishes to you and all who have the horrible disease.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

...it's time to stop blaming the patients and start blaming the doctors that aren't fixing it.

I agree it's time to stop blaming the patients - but do you really hold doctors accountable for the state of our world's environment? ...'Cuz that's what it will take to "fix" the chronic disease pandemic - "fixing" the environment. Unless you remove the cause, "recurrence" will continue.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
No, I'm not.

However, there is a pretty straightforward link between stress and diabetes.

You get stressed out, you make cortisol and adrenaline. Both signal your liver and muscles to release sugar into your blood. It's the same reason diabetics' blood sugar goes up when they're ill, and why your blood sugar goes through the roof when you take steroids like prednisone.

Your pancreas can't figure out why - so it tries to force the sugar into your cells with insulin. When it starts dropping, your liver will fight back by converting protein to sugar. Over a long time, your cells withdraw insulin receptors to compensate, you make even more insulin to overcome the insulin resistance and your pancreas will one day run out of capacity and you'll get beta burnout.

Answer - don't stress out. Eat right. Exercise. Lose fat, but not so much you're scrawny and wormy looking. Don't just train for cardio - lift weights. You've got to get your insulin numbers down. No sugar. No artificial sweeteners. Less fruit. Cut out the flour and sugar. Cut back on booze. It's not easy, FWIW.

Some people just stress all the time. It's their nature. If you can roll with the punches and not give up or fly off the handle you'll do better, but for some people it's not their nature. The Army used to (may still) screen for that in some MOSes by stressing you out with unsolveable problems then measuring your cortisol. If you're a cortisol secreter, you wear yourself out and start making bad decisions. Cortisol over a long period will wear your body out.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

soficrow
...but do you really hold doctors accountable for the state of our world's environment?

Why do you think it's the environment that's causing it? Did you get a chance to read the article I posted that says there's a link between Diabetes and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?
edit on 23-9-2013 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join