It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani wants constructive dialogue and to end rivalry with the US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

This is not the first time they are back lashing the Zionism and the Jews,they have done it at least a couple of more times during the last centuries...I often picture them as a lizard that drops its tail for the hunter to make him happy and busy while they themselves runaway somewhere into a safe hole in the shade laughing at the predators,changing color and waiting for another occasion to arise.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
As much as I don't want to admit it, there is no peaceable solution to the situation in Israel/Palestine... Both sides are not willing to negotiate, and neither side will agree to the two-state solution because there will always be if, ands, or buts.

Also with Iran and the US, at least seemingly, are trying to come to the table for talks. Where does that leave Iran and Israel, and Israel and the US?

I see Obama is pushing for Mideast Peace talks. I don't think it's possible though without one side giving up some major concessions.

With all of the zealots and politicians involved in brokering said peace; the only successful peaceful solution has been prophesied in the Book of Revelation, and that's about the only way I see it being possible.
edit on 24-9-2013 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

it seems Iran did not want to break bread with Obama at least at UN luncheon worldnews.nbcnews.com... from the link in part,

Iranian no-show: Rouhani skips chance to break bread at UN luncheon

President Barack Obama speaks at the U.N. Tuesday about Iran's nuclear program and recent statements made by President Hassan Rouhani.
By Erin McClam, Staff Writer, NBC News
NEW YORK — If President Barack Obama and his Iranian counterpart share a historic handshake, it won’t be over tuna tartare.
Hassan Rouhani, the newly elected Iranian leader, whose overtures have raised hopes of warmer relations with the West, was a no-show for lunch Tuesday at the United Nations General Assembly.
Heads of state sat down to eat after Obama told the General Assembly earlier Tuesday that the United States and Iran could start down a “long road towards a different relationship — one based on mutual interest and respect.”

President Obama at a luncheon for heads of states at the 68th session of the General Assembly.

Obama stressed that the U.S. is determined not to let Iran have a nuclear weapon. But he suggested that two recent statements, including Rouhani’s saying that his country will never develop a nuclear weapon, represent crucial progress.
seems the hand shake, if there is one, is on hols for now.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Could be many reasons why. Maybe the lunch wasn't Halal? (Although I highly doubt this... I'm sure the chefs preparing the meals knew all of the dietary restrictions of said visitors well beforehand)
edit on 24-9-2013 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

muse7
We don't negotiate with terrorists

Terrorists do not change in few months, it takes many years of good behavior to prove that they have changed the course. Iranians for one score bad when it comes to trust and keeping up with the words. Most distrustful cluster in the ME. Be very careful when dealing with Iranians.

US should not let the guard down regarding nukes in the ME nations.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Terrorists do not change in few months, it takes many years of good behavior to prove that they have changed the course.

Despite the public soundbites it's pretty much common knowledge that the USA, France and the UK have always negotiated with terrorists - in fact there's pretty overwhelming evidence that they've funded and armed them.

Who deems exactly what 'good behaviour' is?

I'd suggest that going out on a limb to publicly state a desire to reach a diplomatic solution to a long running dispute is 'good behaviour', wouldn't you?
Or perhaps you'd prefer the current status quo to continue which is only harming the normal, everyday Iranian people and is a ticking timebomb?

Iranians for one score bad when it comes to trust and keeping up with the words.

The Iranian administration you mean?
'We' haven't got much to be proud of recently have we.

Most distrustful cluster in the ME.

Not sure about that, there's some pretty deceitful groups / governments etc out there - I think they are pretty straight and open about their intentions etc, it's just those intentions run contrary to the wishes of Western governments.

Be very careful when dealing with Iranians.

Be very careful when dealing with anyone in politics / international relations etc.

US should not let the guard down regarding nukes in the ME nations.

Of course they shouldn't - but that doesn't mean they can't enter into dialogue with an open mind and an intent to work towards resolving the problems relating to Iran's nuclear weapon programme.
edit on 25/9/13 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join