It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria gives Russia proof , the Rebels did it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

maybe maybe not, for the US would be in the Russia would have to in , no one wants that, this play keeps the major powers at the side lines for now.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

bekod
reply to post by seabag

So do you take the US evidence where is that? and no use of Ytube Videos they can be faked, UN has the info and the report it does not say whom did it.

No! That's my point. Obama claims to have evidence Assad is responsible but he's shown nothing. Russia says they have evidence that the rebels are responsible but they've shown nothing.

It's all a bunch of empty claims. If someone had compelling evidence, don't you think we'd have seen it?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Er no for the reason of all out war by either side, right now it is a game of words and whom has the most convincing argument, Kerry or Putin, and was asking your thoughts not putting you down or anything like that , now i Know, got to go so keep it going ATS'rs ill be back to read up and reply

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

bekod
reply to post by grey580

I can think of a lot of ways why Russia wants to back Assad, for one Stability, Two they know if he falls there will be no security , and the US will be the ones making the power play

For Russia there are a myriad of reasons to support Assad, here are a few:

A. Economic, they sell them weapons and technology. Very lucrative business for Russia and helped get them through lean times. Also economic is Russia has become a very wealthy oil and gas cartel themselves and have vast reserves and European pipeline. This is one of biggest reasons for them, they do not want to see a pipeline through Syria where competing oil and gas can flow. Huge for them.

B. Control, let's face it Putin is desperate to rebuild the old Soviet kgb empire. Syria is a puppet state that still gives them a key role in the ME affairs and a military base of operations.

C. Embarrassment, Russia really does not want the world to see how much of this chemical and biological weapons came from them. Also the extremely technical technology to actually deliver these weapons. Russia signed treaties saying they were no longer in the chemical weapons business and we will find that they continued for many years actually breaking international law.

Russia also does not want this stuff in the wrong hands either. People don't realize it but they are fighting muslims at home and are afraid they will get these weapons to use against them as well. Russia has much more at stake in Syria than any other country.

The Bot

one last thing, the rebels don't have the technical knowledge to use these chemical weapons on a large scale. They can deliver small amounts in form of small mortar shells. This was confirmed by UN inspectors and that the large attack was from one or more missiles which the rebels don't have. You guys have to understand this stuff is not setting there in missiles, it has to be mixed first and then weaoponized for use, the rebels don't have this ability or even the missile launchers.
edit on 18-9-2013 by dlbott because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

bekod
reply to post by xuenchen

Could it have been McCain , that whispered in someones ear "you do this , it will be to your best interest , we will come in and in force you will win Assad will lose" just saying

Could be.

But unlikely McCain is acting alone.

People with 'Louder' whispers are talking to people with bigger ears.

And both have more money than just McCain.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

For Russia there are a myriad of reasons to support Assad, here are a few:

A. Economic, they sell them weapons and technology. Very lucrative business for Russia and helped get them through lean times. Also economic is Russia has become a very wealthy oil and gas cartel themselves and have vast reserves and European pipeline. This is one of biggest reasons for them, they do not want to see a pipeline through Syria where competing oil and gas can flow. Huge for them.

The proposed gas pipeline from Iran-Iraq-Syria is one part of the 'Gas' problem.

The other part is the Qatar-Saudi desire to get a pipeline into Syria via the existing gas pipeline that now runs into Syria from Egypt. [ Egypt alone can not supply enough gas to pose a threat, and is currently operating at a minimum, for obvious reasons ]

The Qatar-Saudi interests don't want Iran involved because of the Suuni/Shiite religious conflicts of interest. [ Qatar-Saudi interests are the primary backers of the 'Rebels' ]

Either pipeline connecting to the proposed pipeline in Turkey that wants to go to Austria would create competition for Russia's Gazprom company.

Russia's vested interest lies with their very large corporation Gazprom

Open Joint Stock Company Gazprom (Открытое Акционерное Общество «Газпром», OAO Gazprom Russian: ОАО «Газпром», IPA: [ɡɐsˈprom]) is the largest extractor of natural gas and one of the largest companies in the world.

There's Trillions of dollars involved in the gas alone.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

bekod
I have been suspecting this form the star , not that I ma an Assad backer nor one that believes he should stay but it odes make sense to me that the rebels would be behind the Chemical attack

news.yahoo.com... from the link

Syria gives Russia 'evidence' rebels behind chem attack
Firefighters try to put out a fire at the site of an explosion on the Syrian border crossing of Bab al-Hawa.

Damascus and key ally Moscow joined forces on Wednesday in a bid to thwart plans for a Western-backed UN resolution on Syria's chemical weapons that allows the use of force.

The United States, meanwhile, said it will maintain the threat of force in case Syria's regime fails to abide by an agreement to relinquish control of its chemical weapons.

Russia came out swinging, saying Damascus had handed over new evidence implicating the rebels in an August 21 sarin gas attack near the capital that killed hundreds, while slamming a UN report into the incident as "biased."
One has to see both sides of the Coin to see the full picture.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Wed Sep 18 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)
He was rightly elected, why shouldn't he stay, you've been lied to by the Zionist media.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

true but McCain was the one to meet them in Syria no one else went, does this mean he acted alone, no it just means he was the mouth piece.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSWATCHER

I take it you haven't seen my other thread on Syria, lost of links from all news sources, not just as you say Zionist media

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

bekod

I take it you haven't seen my other thread on Syria, lost of links from all news sources, not just as you say Zionist media

As long as it regurgitates that same lies about him being A dictator, you links are nothing but Mossad/NSA/CIA/MI6 lies PERIOD.
edit on 19-9-2013 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

I'll post Videos showing theses so-called videos of after-chemical attacks as nothing but staged events, just give me some time, I'll also show that the protests in Egypt are stages also.
edit on 19-9-2013 by ATSWATCHER because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

yes please do there is one that if you look real close it looks like dolls not children, I have not found it it was on NBC put the video is gone, and if did see my other thread you would see that i am saying the Rebels did it to bring in the US that has not worked. oh by the way here is the thread er post www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201319 by bekod because: line edit, added link

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
here are the US Sen Intel Y tube Videos WARNING Graphic Content NOT FOR THE WEAK VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED www.intelligence.senate.gov... from the link

Methodology – Selecting and Obtaining the Videos: Each of these 13 videos explicitly claim to show victims of a chemical or poison gas attack. At the request of Chairman Feinstein, these videos were selected by the IC to depict a representative range of YouTube content posted regarding the reported 21 August chemical weapons (CW) attacks in the suburbs of Damascus, Syria. All of the videos were posted on YouTube by pro-Syrian opposition users. With one exception, all 13 videos were posted by a pro-opposition Internet news channel that consistently posts user-created videos concerning the Syrian conflict. The news channel does not primarily generate content, but instead re-posts content originally posted by others.

These videos were shown to the Intelligence Committee on Thursday, September 5.
Watch at your own discretion.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I feel the more important issue is that Chemical weapons were used. There needs to be intervention in Syria, simply stated whoever used chemical weapons things have gotten out of hand.

The OP's article relates to a Sarin attack that killed about 100 people not 1400 people. Assad in his report to the Russians does not argue the matter of the 1400 dead.

Assad blamed the August 21 attack on the Rebels but instead of providing evidence of this, his report
is about another attack that killed about 100 people.

The Russians are presenting that this paper prepared by a pro-Assad investigation, is accurate. Mind you
this is not a Report that resulted from a Russian investigation into the matter.

An obvious point being in relation to the term "hearsay". The Russians have not supported Assad's
investigation, by conducting there own.

If Assad did really prove in that report that the rebels used Chemical weapons?

The more important thing to do was to establish that evidence with several other reports. Including the Russians and an independent research facility (as an example).

Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have trouble believing the rebels had the expertise to fire off these things,even if they did manage to acquire them.Also,there are NO good guys in this conflict.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

if you had read the link article it does stat the when from the OP link, and it dies say a 100 , does anyonre know rthe true number ?

Moscow came out swinging, saying Damascus had delivered new proof implicating rebels in an August 21 sarin gas attack near the capital that killed hundreds, while slamming a UN report into the incident.
i will add the link, back with link news.yahoo.com...
edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201321 by bekod because: line edit, added link

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

a few a Chemicals that can be bought for insect kill or weed control can make such a weapon and there are video of home made launchers that could be used in such fashion to make it work. a 10 year old can load a war head for a RPG why not do the same with Chemicals news.yahoo.com... a few pics of what they can do and make here is a link from the 16th of this month this year that shows a home made launcher "over sized spud gun" and a boy with what look like a 120mm round worldnews.nbcnews.com... from the link

Ten-year-old Issa carries a mortar shell in a weapons factory of the Free Syrian Army in Aleppo, on Sept. 7. Issa works with his father in the factory for ten hours every day except Fridays.

edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201321 by bekod because: (no reason given)

slide show link www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

More hearsay, the Russian are saying that Assad is innocent without a Blind Experiment.

98% of the worlds countries have agreed not to develop or use Chemical weapons. Among ,2% is the country of Syria, where all concerned have confirmed that Chemical weapons were used.

Initially the Un Security General made clear that if the US attacked without at least an article 7, the attack against Syria was illegal. As a result of the UN report on Syria it is confirmed that these Chemical
weapons, originated from Syrian government stockpiles.

Lets say that the Rebels did access a Syrian government stash of Chemical weapons and wanted to involved the United States in the conflict. Keep in mind Assad is fighting a group of Muslims prone
to Suicide as a means to an end.

If it was there intent to bring in the US and the UN, using said weapons in one salvo. That resulted in all
currently dead in one location, would have been more effective.

Further access to an Assad Stockpile would reveal more that enough Chemical Weapons to kill at least 10,000 people +.

The Russians are claiming based only on report from Assad's people, under the circumstances. IMO that is a response that cannot be treated as credible.

If the Rebels in Syria through some agent, developed Chemical weapons, with the master plan being to draw the US into war? I feel the Rebels could arrange for 50,000 volunteers to sacrifice themselves to
such a cause.

Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

well if the gas was replaced by Non-lethal chemicals this would account for the lack of mass casualties
www.dnaindia.com... from the link

Brig Gen Saket said the regime wanted to "annihilate" the opposition using any means, and said he received his first orders to use chemical weapons in October last year. On three occasions, he said, he was told to use a mixture of phosgene and two other chlorine-based agents against civilian targets in Sheikh Masqeen, Herak, and Busra, all rebel-held districts. However, he replaced the canisters containing the chemicals with ones containing water mixed with dilute bleach which would give off a similar chlorine smell, he said.

"In this way I saved hundreds of lives of children and others." After the third occasion, in January, his bosses became suspicious at the lack of deaths, and he fled to Jordan. Brig Gen Saket believes chemical weapons have been used 34 times, rather than the 14 occasions cited by international intelligence agencies. But he agrees with a variety of assessments that differing substances and concentrations are used, which would account for the varying death rates, with some attacks killing very few, or none.
but this does not clear Assad from the order to use them: from the same link

Brig Gen Saket says he was ordered three times to use chemical weapons against his own people, but could not. He insists that all such orders had to come from the top - President Assad himself - despite insistent denials by the regime that it has never used chemical weapons.

He also claims to have his own intelligence that the Syrian president is evading the terms of a Russian-brokered deal to destroy the chemical weapons by transferring some of the stocks to his allies; Hizbollah, in Lebanon, and Iran. Brig Gen Saket spoke to The Sunday Telegraph, his first interview with a Western newspaper, as Assad confirmed for the first time what he, and much of the rest of the world already knew, that the regime has a huge arsenal of chemical weapons, and the delivery systems to go with them. It was an extraordinary and unexpected outcome of the wrangling between the US and Russia which followed the attack on a Damascus suburb a month ago.
it seems Assad might have used them after all.
edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201322 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
direct link to Syria news from with in Syria sana.sy... Assad forces on the move sana.sy... do not know if i can copy and post from the links, have put in a request to do so from the link it self

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join