It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrifying: 120 Elk found Dead Nearby Crop Circle Or UFO Landing Site!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I think they are barking up the wrong tree with blaming it on disease. It could be from some gas coming from the earth or some chemical leaching into the water. To die so close and within such a short timeframe makes me feel toxins.

If the Military was testing some of their technology, it seems that the mind disrupting technology should be abandoned. It is possible to use frequencies coupled with pulses to kill or disrupt animals. It is a clean kill with no evidence to prove what the cause is. They can even disrupt the molecules that hold us together and melt us. Is this technology really necessary?

I don't think this is extraterrestrial. It does not fit the profile of an advanced race of beings killing innocent animals without a good reason such as food. A race of beings that would live long enough to get this advanced would have realized killing innocent animals would be evil. This sounds like the actions of a less civilized yet fairly advanced race of beings either exhibiting stupidity in actions or testing weapons or poisons.

I'm a little crabby this morning as you can see. I've been cutting firewood and the saw hasn't been idling properly, How can I destroy nature properly without a chainsaw?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

A good question to ask would be, are they being fed grain, or hay. Since it is a ranch, I would have to assume they are being fed. If the hay or grain contains aflatoxin, or vomitoxin, it has been known to kill livestock/wildlife VERY suddenly.

(I am assuming this is a hunting ranch) Northern NM is a pretty desolate area, but their hunting fees are generally much cheaper than Colorado, and its not much of a drive to get to Northern NM.
edit on 19-9-2013 by jssaylor2007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

rickymouse

I'm a little crabby this morning as you can see. I've been cutting firewood and the saw hasn't been idling properly, How can I destroy nature properly without a chainsaw?

In response to the first part of your post, check mine, and to the second part, I leave this.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jssaylor2007

The DNR killed a bunch of deer up here quite a few years ago in the spring by feeding them corn. There were dead dear all over the place where they yarded out on CR550 I think. They called a guy who was the head of the county road crews that I know to dispose of the deer and cover their tracks. Feeding deer corn in the spring is not good, it has bound niacin and causes a increase in deaths of deer by causing a conditioning similar to pallagra. The older guy I know that ran the county road crews wasn't informed of exactly killed the deer but he said it was a big mess to clean up. The DNR knew it was the corn. Deer should not be fed much corn, I'd like to strangle the hunters around here who feed them corn. A little won't hurt them but it degrades the good properties of the meat, especially the CLA in it. I guess the hunters want inferior quality meat instead of meat that makes you healthy and strong.

The logsplitter video was awesome. A lot quicker than the slow inefficient hydraulic ones. It uses a shock to exite the bonds between the grain to release the covalent bonds. I have been analyzing what happens when splitting wood with a maul.
edit on 19-9-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Wonder if this might have to do anything with dead elks...

edit on 19-9-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

I see where you're coming from, but the thing is that these days, we can tell with a large degree of accuracy when and where lightning has struck (especially in built up/populated areas). Geographical and meteorological mapping and recording via satellite is rather advanced, and these things are recorded and studied in immense detail, to help us further our understanding of storms. I very much like the premise behind what you've said though, I've heard the same about people being stunned by close-by lightning strikes also.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

It seems as if this is becoming quite common.

www.kasa.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

FireMoon
Can someone point me to an article that supports the idea of 120 elk dropping dead over night from the same disease? I've always been led to believe that sick animals naturally seek solace rather than bunch together when they die, unless they have quite a sophisticated social structure ala Elephants?

Food or drink poisoning - that was the cause of many flocks of pigeons, starlings or blackbirds falling from the sky.

Maybe the elk drank or ate something used to make the crop circles. One way would be to mark out lines using salt or some other powder.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

gortex
reply to post by Arken

This is scary! Really!

For the Elk no doubt but given the options of ET causing this or Hemorrhagic Disease I'd go for the latter as there seems to be no reports that the Elk were mutilated , plus its the right time of the year for Hemorrhagic Disease
Hemorragic Disease

As for the crop circle

It's not really a crop circle

Well certainly don't know about this group but I have seen die offs before. Very easy for them to know and their wildlife dept will test the animals and will let everyone know because some disease can cross over into domestic livestock. The crop circle around the die off is weird. The ones I have seen take up a much larger area, disease does not effect the animals simultaneously. You might see mother and child close or two or three here and there together but in general it can happen over a very large area. So if all these animals were found in close proximity then something else maybe happening.

Would be interested in the test results.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well I'm way into crop circles etc, and truly doubt all of them are made by humans. But I just think that circle in the background is way too much of a stretch. This is called "Looking for things that aren't there."

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Swamp gas did it

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

JayinAR
No worries. Nothing to see here, folks. You could line up 30 separate strange coincidences like this all happening at the same time and place and these folks will happily explain why this is perfectly natural.

SMH

Yep, that's why I choose to lurk on this website instead of posting much nowdays.

For whatever reason many people just feel the need to find simple, mundane explanations for everything. I guess that's what happens when you live in a closed minded world full of fear and you depend on some authority figure to guide your every thought and idea.

ATS needs to change its motto to "Embrace Ignorance" instead of "Deny Ignorance"

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Or the "Predator" scenario is true and we have ET's coming here for Elk season.

They woulda taken the racks, tho... unless they have a weird ethos and killing is fine, but trophies are only allowed with holographic records.

Or hemorrhagic fever...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Great post gortex!! You nailed it on the head. We see Blue Tongue a lot this time of year. Poor guys are so thirsty we usually always find them at the water well. Sad part is it seems to be harder on the bigger older bucks who are using over 70% of their daily protein intake to grow antlers. They just don't have the immune system at that time of year to fight off the fever.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Let me see if I have this correctly 120 Elk all drop dead within feet of each other at more or less the same time, of suspected Hemorrhagic disease (HD).

According to this article by The Arizona Game and Fish Department, it can take 1 to 3 days for animals to die, and whats the chance of all dropping at the same time ? it also says

Because of the high fever associated with HD, during the first few days of the disease, dead or dying animals (especially deer) are often found near water (e.g., lying on or near the banks of ditches, creeks, lakes, rivers, etc.) lying on the cool moist soil.

I see no water in the OP video.

The Arizona Game and Fish Department

edit on 9/19/13 by bluebook because: Spell correct

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bluebook

Your right I didn't see water either but I did see cover that elk would normally bed down in during the heat of the day. You can bet that many elk together this time of year water was close. Heck if that is a CPI (center pivot irrigation) in the back ground you can be sure there is a well somewhere in the vicinity. Looks like they were in the cover at the end of a field. While I don't know personally about elk and mass die offs I do know I have seen thousands of white tail dead from blue tongue, some in very large groups at one time.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

blamethegreys
IMO, I think this is the most plausible theory:

Farmer having trouble with elk feeding off his crop laces said crop with poison.
Elk get sick after feeding down at the "crop circle".
Elk take cover nearby in the treeline.
Elk die en masse.
Farmer #ting bricks right about now.
I hope he gets caught.

Yep, that is what I'm thinking and seems most logical to me. The "crop circle" people refer to is probably a crop circle, the kind that farmers typically use in that region to grow crops, with a water sprinkler in the middle of the circle.

However, it must have been a very strong poison to kill such a large animal that fast without losing much weight.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The Buena Vista Ranch in NEW MEXICO...why is it always New Mexico....Maybe New Mexico is a popular alien tourist resort like Benidorm for the british...

What is there in N.M. thats draws them there...if of course it is alien related and not just some disease..

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Nicks87

JayinAR
No worries. Nothing to see here, folks. You could line up 30 separate strange coincidences like this all happening at the same time and place and these folks will happily explain why this is perfectly natural.

SMH

Yep, that's why I choose to lurk on this website instead of posting much nowdays.

For whatever reason many people just feel the need to find simple, mundane explanations for everything. I guess that's what happens when you live in a closed minded world full of fear and you depend on some authority figure to guide your every thought and idea.

ATS needs to change its motto to "Embrace Ignorance" instead of "Deny Ignorance"

Actually, being opened minded does not preclude using scientific tools and rationality to derive a hypothesis regarding an event. Even heard of Occam's Razor? It is a well know concept because it rings true in so many cases. Before jumping to the supernatural/conspiracy, it is irresponsible to not address the simple or mundane possibilities. My hypothesis that a rancher poisoned the elk who would naturally gravitate to the irrigated, nutritious crops is a very real (and too common) possibility.
Am I mocking or dismissing the other ideas? No. I have no evidence of one or the other at this point in the discussion. One of the tenets of good science is "extraordinarily claims require extraordinary proof." So provide me with more extraordinary proof than a fuzzy, far-off ovoid shape in the grass, and I will gladly entertain more extraordinary theories.

ETA the nice thing about starting with the mundane is that it is generally testable. Lab work is happening right now which will prove or disprove my theory. If it disproven, so be it, other possibilities must be then be considered.
edit on 20-9-2013 by blamethegreys because: ETA Stuff

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Yeah, I agree. In my mind, said farmer didn't know what he was doing and really botched the job (Well, botched it in regards to him getting away with it. At least the elk didn't suffer for days)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join