It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrifying: 120 Elk found Dead Nearby Crop Circle Or UFO Landing Site!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

FireMoon
Can someone point me to an article that supports the idea of 120 elk dropping dead over night from the same disease? I've always been led to believe that sick animals naturally seek solace rather than bunch together when they die, unless they have quite a sophisticated social structure ala Elephants?

You're exactly right. Disease doesn't kill like this. Sarin gas maybe but viruses and bacteria don't cause 120 individuals to drop dead in a matter of hours like this. Perhaps debatable whether the crop circle is related, but mass large animal die-offs are always unsettling and demand a better expanation that some diease that Elk aren't affected by to begin with.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
In my area (in south France) we are having something strange happen this week too. Animals are being found dead everywhere, and they don't know why.

The last three days they've been finding dead wild boar, sheep, goats and deer.
I noticed they are all hooved animals so far. But it has every one in a panic. We're afraid to drink the water. I am afraid for my pets.
I just wondered if there might be something in common with this event.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Foundryman
Terrifying? Ok, if you say so...

While I'm leaning towards a disease being the culprit there could also be a contaminant involved. Humans dump lots of things they shouldn't into the environment.

I can agree with this^, I find all kinds of things in the woods by my house.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
These elk were obviously in a cult. They finally decided to mass-suicide after the "2012-End-of-the-world" scenario fell through.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Bluesma
In my area (in south France) we are having something strange happen this week too. Animals are being found dead everywhere, and they don't know why.

The last three days they've been finding dead wild boar, sheep, goats and deer.
I noticed they are all hooved animals so far. But it has every one in a panic. We're afraid to drink the water. I am afraid for my pets.
I just wondered if there might be something in common with this event.

You should check out the most recent thread on mass animal die offs. Hope my copy/paste works on this one. If not its being discussed a bit in there - newest one on this phenomenon. It's always disturbing to see these things happening, especially when it is in unusual amounts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Interesting indeed. My first thought is it was caused by a Methane Deposit underground.
Super quick release through a fissure near by perhaps, or maybe even a slow release with a 'pooling' effect caused by the landscape? [Other type of underground toxic gas release?]

What seems a little off to me is that this scenario has not been suggested by anyone yet.
I'm open minded about 'Other' possibilities, but as for that 'crop circle' - No. NOT a crop circle, looks like a farming type of cut. The video is a bit fuzzy so maybe there is variation in the cut of the 'crop circle' that can't be made out.

Shure is weird all these 'Mass Animal Deaths' in the last 10 years or so...
Not like Elk have magnetic guidance like birds, as far as I know...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Good catch on that circle/impression something!

What if that grass is burnt like that there. Like an energy pulse was tested on them? The pulse was stronger in the center so vegetation is burned more, deeper impression.

Then next place your mind goes is aliens!!

Aliens did it!! Fo sure!!

But, stuff like this does happen when they come around. Levels of High Strangeness!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I don't suppose there were any lightning storms in the vicinity of the elk and the crop circle were there? I know here in Colorado there are large groups of animals killed all the time by lightning. Just a thought. It's usually the cause of the "herd deaths", there being an 'alleged" crop circle nearby is probably coincidental. Elk aren't generally into the paranormal I imagine.

edit on 2013 9 19 by CarbonBase because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
back there by that circle , I see 3 tall white/light gray Poles, maybe telephone poles or something. In the video.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

It certainly does'nt have to be aliens who did this,it could be as simple as the US DOD trying out some new weapon-there is a record of what they had done to people,I very much doubt they'd have mercy for animals of any species.Google experiments syphillis american soldiers+you're on your way.

edit on 19-9-2013 by Raxoxane because: added

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

I had to star you for the comic relief.

BLUESMA-i am sorry to hear that,that would indeed be a worry.Best wishes for the safety of your own animals.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

evc1shop
I am thinking that with all of the strange weather, what if they were all victims of a some kind of lightning or electrical discharge of some sort from the sky. That is one thing that would be sudden and could affect a whole group of animals at once. I was thinking at first that maybe some quick flash-flood type storm filled their watering hole with toxic runoff in concentrations high enough to kill them off but that is a lot to account for at one time. Perhaps a toxicology report will be made available in the near future to rule that out.

So, crop circle and Aliens aside, as I see no evidence of either, these are my 2 best guesses.

There were only two lightning strikes in the area, and they were 17miles away...
www.earthfiles.com...

Somebody mentioned the Earthfiles article previously... c'mon guys, if you're going to jump on and not read the thread, at least skim through and open the links. That way the topic doesn't jump back a step.

Also, was there any sort of explosive event in the area? meteorite exploding overhead, or something that produces a sound with a specific frequency? We had something like that happen in Australia, many years ago. There was a chicken farm which lost almost their entire chicken population over the course of a few days. Turned out that a new factory had opened up nearby, and the sound it emitted was the exact resonant frequency of a chicken's skull. So, just as pure speculation, could there have been some sort of event in which large sound force had affected the elk? (I realise it's a stretch, but still, one never knows until they've examined all angles)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Has poisoning been ruled out? Maybe they ate or drank something as a group that killed them.

I think poison is a possibility, but the carcasses don't look emaciated enough. I've seen poisoned animals dying and they tend to lose weight in the dying process.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

MarioOnTheFly
maybe it was them humans with boards...deep in the night when they were trying to make the circles...some of the elk got in the way. The rampant humans went "overboard" with the boards...

Ah, yes... I know this sight when I see it... I always tell the kids around here "Do NOT mix crop circle making with bath salts" But do they listen? Obviously not... I thought little Tommy looked like he had one hell of a hangover that morning... I said, look man, you better clean yourself up, pal, or you're gonna be late for your first day in the 4th grade! Sheesh...kids these days..

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by windslayer

I actually did read that link but I still offered an opinion that some sort of lightning or electrical discharge may have been at play. I do not believe that they know where every lightning discharge takes place and this could have been one of those times. I saw that they didn't see any of the usual burns that are characteristic of lightning strikes but people have been hit by lightning or at least lightning has struck nearby so not a direct hit and these people were affected to the point of blacking out and being immobilized but later when they came to, no visible scarring or burns so I think it could still be a valid phenomenon to explore.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

If you had just made the thread about these mysterious elk deaths it would´ve been better. It is strange.

But off course as usual it had to involve a delusion about spacealiens.

So a someone points out a supposed crop circle in a YT vid and you don't wonder why noone mentioned it? Didn't do any research to verify it?

Why is it always BS?

Change the title please, this way it is a hoax.
edit on 19-9-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I'm gonna keep taking everything back to the source.

In the 1980’s over two dozen science graduates and experts working for Marconi or Plessey Defence Systems died in mysterious circumstances, most appearing to be ‘suicides.’ The MOD denied these scientists had been involved in classified Star Wars Projects and that the deaths were in any way connected.

Star Wars or SDI was never scrapped. Just a whole bunch of other dummy projects were created to hide the real ones. Example (How to pulverize a megalithic structure of concrete and steel to dust in 11 seconds without the use of explosives)

No mystery.

Lets put it this way to give ya an example of just how other worldly
Seeing a 10 mile long 5 mile amoeba creature come out of a crack in space wouldn't shock or terrify me one bit.
edit on 19-9-2013 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
IMO, I think this is the most plausible theory:

Farmer having trouble with elk feeding off his crop laces said crop with poison.
Elk get sick after feeding down at the "crop circle".
Elk take cover nearby in the treeline.
Elk die en masse.
Farmer #ting bricks right about now.
I hope he gets caught.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

There is also a case currently going on about deer now dropping dead.But ETs have nothing to do with it.
www.krtv.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I've been following this die-off and according to one of the wildlife officials working there in an interview on Earthfiles.com, he said that it is highly unlikely it was the virus because a virus would have to run its course. There is no way over 100 elk would die of the same disease overnight and they are all in the same proximity. If it were virus, one by one the elk would become sick and then die, so the deaths would be spread out over some time.

IMO, another die off caused by a plume of deadly gas, methane or hydrogen sulfide. There isn't evidence of any other usual mass death, such as them being killed, poisoned by plants, any known local toxins in the air. All of these things have been ruled out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join