It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Connors DOD whistle blower alledges MK Ultra control of Afro American Music

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I remember the original ATS thread on this, and I just read this one. I will add my $.02, though it does not directly address the topic at hand, it addresses one or two aspects of this thread.

My mother was heavily involved in the 60s-70s popular music scene in the US and UK. She continued to be involved until fairly recently. Now after reading this thread, I find it odd that she always pinned down the year when things changed drastically for the worse, as 1991.

I was into the punk/hardcore/industrial DIY scenes. I started a label in high school mainly to push my band and my friends' bands works. After 15 releases over 5 years or so, I folded it. I never had more than 2000 copies of anything made (only 1000 of most releases), and only distributed through a handful of distro houses. A really small-time operation for an intimate local scene.

In college I collaborated on founding another label in order to promote friends' industrial-type projects, which still continues today, though I am too busy to have much of a role in it. Our imprint is recognized enough that most CD stores I check usually stock at least one item of ours, and our distribution is tremendous.

At one point, our main act was being courted by a fake "indie" label that was notoriously owned and controlled by a major label.

Side note...for those not in the industry, please understand that this is probably far more common of an arrangement than you think. You don't actually believe that an album that's in stock in large quantities all over the world is really from a label that is just a couple of punks in a dirty apartment...do you? These "fake indies" want to convey that image all over the punk scene. It was at its worst in the mid-90s, I'd say. But meet one of their A&R guys and you will be able to smell them from a mile away after that.

So this major label truly controlled their "indie" imprint and wanted a piece of the action from the attention that our main act was receiving. This is CMJ type stuff, not Billboard;we are talking sales in the tens of thousands of units, not albums going gold or any figures like that.

In the end the corporate suits ran away from the project because of the content of one of the band's songs. The artist wasn't ready to give in to anyone's pressure to change their lyrics or style, so the negotiations were off. The song was a lighthearted look at a very sensitive subject, kind of a silly narrative that I doubt anyone would take seriously. However the major label parent thought it was pure evil and wanted nothing to do with it.

So here I am today reading this thread, and thinking back to that episode, and how at least in that instance a major label actually wanted to have nothing to do with a potentially controversial song. Now, I don't listen to rap at all, never liked it, but I wonder how the song I was involved with could possibly be much worse than any rap song. Then again I am barely phased by GG Allin's material, so maybe I am just not sensitive enough to be a critic or something.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
With those masks on, this could very well be MJ himself.
None of the ears line up not even his own.
Only the voice is then too well done.
Mmm so maybe it is MJ. Fans would eat any lie.
Preparing a spectaculous comeback.
Wonder if dying and then coming back, doing
something like that would be punishable.
Probably his only friend left is his plastic surgeon

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I looked around for his claims for 1994 march, found nothing but came accross this not sure if it help's comfirm him or anything..

Committee on Armed Services, Sen- ate; and Robert C. Byrd, Chairman, Committee on Appropriations, Senate; U.S. Congress, Wash- ington, DC, Oct. 17, 1994.

Robert C, I assume Robert Conners :/

It's on page 2 , number 31 -

A History Of The D.o.D

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If this is true, then MK ultra has not only destroyed urban music, but it has destroyed urban lives. I've believed for some time now that certain entities in the government have been given certain responsibilities to contend with when it comes to urban matters. I have no doubt that there is a conspiracy when it comes to "rap" music. At one point this "rap" music only glorified killing, and making money off of the pain and suffering of others. Selling drugs is made moral, and something that one does when he is supporting his family. Crack hit the inner city streets hard in the 80's. In an uncertain time when people weren't sure about how they would feed their families that's the only solution most could come up with; selling drugs. The C.I.A. has more than likely had a major hand in orchestrating how this has all gone down. They're testing various methods of populous control; seeing which ones work well, and which ones fail. It makes sense to test every avenue, I do agree. These days, control is but an illusion.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Well between the rap music getting the inner city kiddies, and the video games getting the suburban tykes and turning them into little zombie-ized robots, and the vaccinations, fluoride, gmo food and sugar/caffeine/energy drink uppers and the constant teevee downer bombardment of utter dreck, combined with public schooling, AKA brainwashing, and don't let's forget religion on Sundays to remove all possibility of thinking for oneself, and oh, don't forget waving that flag in your face and telling you how important patriotism is, and killing for your country and how you'll see the world and get trained in all sortsa good stuff....

Well, looks like they've got about everything and everyone covered.

I still think the only possible explanation for what I've seen going down on this planet in the last sixty years is terraforming for a reptilian race that's gonna make Barbara Effing Bush, that fright that spawned Beady Eyed Baby Bush, look like Artemis, Goddess of Moonlight.

Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid.

edit on 20-9-2013 by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Isn´t this Dean Norris aka Hank Schrader?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Allegorical
Excuse me dear sir, but what is an "Afro-American"? Is that an American with an Afro hairstyle? Did you by any chance mean to type African-American? Afro-Americans? Really?

You're a hairstylist!

Wait... that joke doesn't really work-

edit on 21-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by puntito

I'm an MJ fan and I'm not eating this up at all. We are not the same as Elvis fans.
I miss him and all but I'd rather he came back as himself. I'd have to see this guy dance because nobody on Earth can dance like Michael.

I will only agree the voice in the tape at the end is similar, but lots of people can fake his speaking voice.
edit on 21-9-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

I will also agree MJ was possibly murdered. He wouldn't fake his own death and leave his children like that. That what's his name doctor didn't appear to have any remorse over his death.
edit on 22-9-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Waiting to see if he comes through on the 23 . I will bookmark this thread and come back then
Thanks

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
So...its the 23rd. Anyone even slightly optimistic about this?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Bragi
So...its the 23rd. Anyone even slightly optimistic about this?

It is indeed.
And yes, only slightly.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
So he posted a video as promised. But no audio and blank screen??? What the heck?
Expecting to see nothing as usual, I nearly fell off my chair when I saw the new video. Maybe youtube is still encoding it...it was posted 12 minutes ago...hmmm...
edit on 23-9-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Visitor2012
So he posted a video as promised. But no audio and blank screen??? What the heck?
Expecting to see nothing as usual, I nearly fell off my chair when I saw the new video. Maybe youtube is still encoding it...it was posted 12 minutes ago...hmmm...

Do you have a link to the page?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

OneManArmy

Visitor2012

Oops. Link is now added

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Visitor2012

OneManArmy

Visitor2012

Oops. Link is now added

Nothing there though. His youtube account
Is Robert Connors I think.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Visitor2012

Visitor2012

OneManArmy

Visitor2012

Oops. Link is now added

Eh? So this is a viral ad for a music video?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
We were redirected to this youtube page.

www.youtube.com...

Of interest is this brief moment at .35

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

OneManArmy

Visitor2012

Visitor2012

OneManArmy

Visitor2012

Oops. Link is now added

I'm thinking that as well. Googling his name and filtering the results to past hour. There's another video with the same guy saying he's about to release the information and it goes straight to a rap music video. But nothing on his official youtube account , except a blank video.

I'm afraid it looks like business as usual. Unless the rap video was an opportunist and the axtual video is being fixed and re-uploaded. I'm not holding my breath. Is it me, or does this guy look different...younger..

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Visitor2012

OneManArmy

Visitor2012

Visitor2012

OneManArmy

Visitor2012

Oops. Link is now added

I'm thinking that as well. Googling his name and filtering the results to past hour. There's another video with the same guy saying he's about to release the information and it goes straight to a rap music video. But nothing on his official youtube account , except a blank video.

I'm afraid it looks like business as usual. Unless the rap video was an opportunist and the axtual video is being fixed and re-uploaded. I'm not holding my breath.

He had me hook line and sinker.
Shows the power of wanting to believe.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

OneManArmy

Visitor2012

OneManArmy

Visitor2012

Visitor2012

OneManArmy

Visitor2012

Oops. Link is now added

I'm afraid it looks like business as usual. Unless the rap video was an opportunist and the axtual video is being fixed and re-uploaded. I'm not holding my breath.

He had me hook line and sinker.
Shows the power of wanting to believe.

I agree. Did you check out how different the guy looks though? Or maybe that power still has a hold on me...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join