It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billy Connolly Diagnosed With Parkinson's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Billy Connolly Diagnosed With Parkinson's

Comic and actor Billy Connolly has undergone surgery for prostate cancer, a spokeswoman for the star has confirmed. He is also being treated for the "initial symptoms" of Parkinson's disease it has been revealed. The 70-year-old star, who rose to fame on the Scottish folk music scene, will continue to work in TV and on stage. His spokeswoman said: "Billy Connolly recently underwent minor surgery in America after being diagnosed with the very early stages of prostate cancer. The operation was a total success, and Billy is fully recovered. "In addition, Billy has been assessed as having the initial symptoms of Parkinson's disease, for which he is receiving the appropriate treatment. "Billy has been assured by experts that the findings will in no way inhibit or affect his ability to work, and he will start filming a TV series in the near future, as well as undertaking an extensive theatrical tour of New Zealand in the new year."

billy

really sad news about billy, one of scotlands best loved enertainer.
edit on 16-9-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
i have watched every dvd and show on tv he has made. brilliant entertainer and hope he recovers from his operation well...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Funny Man hope he pulls through this because the World would be a worse off place without the levity Billy brings to us all.

edit on 16-9-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I know he can't get much better, but the combination of Billy and Parkinson's would be absolutely hilarious. Boy, would he ham it up.

P

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Love Mr Connolly, He is a comedic genius and not a bad actor
to boot. My favorite comedy bit is the one about that business
card he was handed, gives me a good laugh every time, oh and
the old lady on the bus, that one is killer.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
i also liked the documentary he made in australia and new zealand plus the arctic as well as america...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Wow.. what a shame.

i bet he makes jokes of it all.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Ohhhh Nooooooo!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

The 70-year-old star

Man The Big Yin looks good for 70 .
I wish him luck although this shouldn't be seen as the end , there are treatments available .

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Billy seems like a member of my family, I grew up with my Mum & Dad playing his albums every weekend.
My dad even used to have "The Humblebums" on cassette. (wasn't Gerry Rafferty also in the Humblebums?, can't remember).
I'm sure he'll be around for a long time yet, bloody hope so.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOutcast

Yes you are right about Gerry Rafferty who I used to play all his songs was in the group.

The Humblebums were a Scottish folk band, based in Glasgow. Its members included Billy Connolly, who later became a renowned stand-up comedic actor, guitarist Tam Harvey and the singer-songwriter Gerry Rafferty. The band was active from the mid-1960s until the early 1970s.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

i went to one of his shows in the late 70s when i was a kid in the place i grew up in i made the mistake of going to the toilet after 10 or so minutes .

when i came back in you could hear a pin drop and everyone was looking at me when i sat down he just looked at me and said is it ok if we carry on now wee man .

embarassed me big time but he is a funny man and a hero to many best wishes billy

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I loved his show when he performed around the world and travelled on his motorbike that had 3 wheels on it.

top topics

join