It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Preps For Wide Scale Pacific Rim Emergency

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

So it begs the question:- How do they know in advance how wide spread this will be?

To my knowledge they are calling a H7N9 Avian Flu epidemic .

I'm interested to know the timing on all this , when did they start preparations , like the one posted in this thread and when did the flu virus breakout and what sort of scale warranting this sort of response?
edit on 23-9-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Pinkorchid
reply to post by Advantage

So it begs the question:- How do they know in advance how wide spread this will be?

To my knowledge they are calling a H7N9 Avian Flu epidemic .

I'm interested to know the timing on all this , when did they start preparations and like the one posted in this thread and when did the flu virus breakout in and sort of scale warranting this sort of response?

Computer modeling. LIke with other prep drills... you run several different threat levels and pick one to model your scenario after. Just a small idea.. check out CommunityFlu 2.0. Its a flu spread assessment program... you can download it to give you an idea. Then think of this prg on steroids.... Voila.. the real CDC modeling programs they grab scenarios from.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

You computer model the worst case scenario, then add 10%. They don't know how widespread it's going to be, but you always prepare for the worst.

It's like in Desert Storm. They knew going in that we had the Iraqi army beat technology wise, and manpower wise, but they still ordered something like 10,000 body bags, with more to be prepared.

<< 1   >>

join