It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tips/advice for cooking a suckling pig on a gas bbq using a rotisserie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hi all,
Does anyone have any advice/tips for cooking a suckling pig whole using a mains powered rotisserie on a bbq?Because i'm considering doing one in the near future and i thought it would be best to get some advice/tips since it'd be the first time i've done a whole suckling pig and i don't want to screw up either undercooking or overcooking it.
p.s my bbq is a six-burner gas one with a backburner and a gas hob-style burner on the outside for boiling stuff in a pot.

edit on 15-9-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: spelling correction

edit on 15-9-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: Adjusting sentance

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Low and super slow is the only way to cook a whole pig.
I have never helped out with one on a gas grill, but that's the general rule with coals.
The slower you cook it, the more tender and juicy it is, give yourself 12 to 18 hours would be my guess. That sounds so good! Every whole pig I have ever had has been out of this world amazing, it's hard to screw up if you give yourself enough time. I am sure you can find more specifics at a BBQ site somewhere. Good luck!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracyskeptic

I have never done this myself, but i remember neighbors cooking their pigs on an open pit when i was a kid. I found this youtube vid that might help you out.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracyskeptic

This advice probably wont help you but...The best pig I ever, ever ate was at one of our family reunions and my grandma used the method of cooking the pig in the ground...Oh man was that GOOD...As my Dad used to say, "It's so good that if you put it on the top of your head your tongue will beat your brains out trying to get to it"

PIT COOKING

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Thank you all for posting the videos and useful information.You've both been very helpful and informative on the subject of cooking a whole suckling pig.Much appreciated!

new topics

join