It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Apocalypse beginning with the animals?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I like a catchy title to once in a while, but in all seriousness, there have been several news stories lately that should be of concern. The latest involves rabid foxes in Stanhope, NJ. The foxes in this community are apparently attacking and chasing people and pets. Officials gathered up five foxes, and of those five, four of them tested positive for rabies, which they say is "highly unusual."

The rabies-infected animals were among five foxes destroyed by police and tested after they had charged two police officers and people walking their dogs in the vicinity of Lake Musconetcong.

A woman and her dog were also bitten and she is now undergoing treatment for her injuries. The dog was already vaccinated so officials said that the dog only has to be quarantined for 45 days rather than 6 months.

The police are saying that in Stanhope they will destroy any animal right now that exhibits signs of disease and are telling residents to get their animals vaccinated.

Stanhope police destroyed a fox on Monday after it was “chasing people around” at a park near Lake Musconetcong, Police Chief Steven Pittigher said.

"Unusual" outbreak hits New Jersey town

Also from the story above;

residents should notify police if they see an animal exhibiting the following behaviors:

• Overly aggressive
• Not afraid of people
• Infrequent movement
• It falls over while standing or walking
• It walks or runs in circles

Sounds like zombies to me. There was a recent thread here at ATS about pigeons in Moscow that were frightening people because they were acting like zombie pigeons.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And then there was this story about angry beavers on the attack in Belarus, which resulted in the death of a fisherman.

The Belarusian emergency services said that this year, for the first time, they have received a rash of reports of aggression by beavers, which can weigh up to 30 kilograms (about 65 pounds) and stand about a meter (three feet) high. Officials have responded to some calls by sending out crews to drive away the animals, often by spraying them with water from a fire-hose.

Granted, this guy was an idiot, as the story goes on to say that he wanted his picture taken with the beaver and he even went so far as to try and grab the beaver, but, the fact remains that beavers are "angry" and attacks are on the rise.

Fisherman dies as increasingly aggressive beavers attack people in Belarus

There were five bear attacks in three days last month in the US. All nature officials are saying that they are surprised by the unusual amount of bear attacks. Yosemite National Park reports that bear attacks are up 64% from last year at the park.

Bear attacks on the rise

The story concludes by saying that the majority of those five attacks are from normally passive black bears.

Also, from a story in my neck of the woods, the first known attack by a wolf on a human in Minnesota history occurred near Duluth August 28. A wolf attacking a human is so rare that there have only been two other cases in recent decades, one in northern Canada and the other in Alaska.

Despite a 4-inch gash on his scalp, 17 staples to close the wound and "the worst pain of his life," Graham didn't seem fazed Monday by his encounter, nor the needle that delivered a rabies shot following the attack.

"I had to reach behind me and jerk my head out of its mouth," Graham recalled. "After I got up, I was kicking at it and screaming at it and it wouldn't leave. But then after a while I got it to run away."

Minnesota teen suffers from wolf attack

They did track down a wolf near this campground where the teen was sleeping and they are testing to see if the wolf had rabies.

Shark attacks are also on the rise. A story from Hawaii reports that there is an alarming rise in shark attacks.

Tourist dies from shark as attacks rise in Hawaii

And just three days ago these article in Florida

Two shark attacks in shallow waters in Florida

As many of you know, I've been preaching to the anti-choir (or whistling in the wind) about the methane gases that are threatening our planet and one of the theories I proposed is that we are seeing an increase in drug-resistant bacteria and mutating viruses due to the methane. These strange animal attacks and behaviors may be the cause, as well as the animal die-offs due to viruses we continue to hear about. I will be writing another thread about that soon, as the animal die-offs are continuing at an alarming rate.

Here is my thread about the dangerous gas in relation to the bacteria and viruses.

Basically, here is a quick summary:

First, you may be asking yourself how diseases and pandemics have anything to do with dangerous gases and atmospheric heating. It’s simple really. There are various types of microbes that eat methane. They live deep underground and they live 30,000 feet into the air. Basically, they are everywhere and they feed off methane hydrates.

The theory goes something like this. The more methane increases it becomes a feeding frenzy for the microbes. What happens when these microbes have more than enough to eat? They multiply. As methane release increases, there is naturally going to be a rapid increase in the microbes that feed.

Through the evolution of bacteria over millions of years you can expect that other species of bacteria can also experience growth. As one species of bacteria rapidly increases, others will follow. I propose in this theory that as the microbes continuously feed on the increased methane hydrates, other bacteria are following the lead, thus, literally thousands of species of bacteria and viruses are experiencing phenomenal growth all over the planet.

Keep in mind, I wrote this thread back on Feb. 12 of this year. There have been many more bacteria and viral outbreak headlines since.

edit on 13-9-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

I hope so. We need a zombie apocalypse. All the movies are crap now. It's just time. Also I saw a news story I can't rember where but it was on tv there was some unknown brain condition affecting people.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I wish I could find it, but back before the "cannibal attack" thing in Florida someone posted a thread and there were links to news articles, etc. about a minor breach at the CDC in Atlanta which was shortly followed by an outbreak of a new variation of rabies in several of the southeastern states- shortly after which the rash of cannibal attacks began, not all of them easily explained away by bath salts or mental illness. I don't even remember who made the thread, but it's worth keeping an eye out for if you ever go archive digging.... it may tie into your OP.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

according to the popol vuh
this, or something similar, has happened before:

Then all sorts of beings, great and small, gathered together to abuse the men to their faces. The very household utensils and animals jeered at them, their mill-stones, their plates, their cups, their dogs, their hens. Said the dogs and hens, "Very badly have you treated us, and you have bitten us. Now we bite you in turn." Said the mill-stones (metates [1]), " Very much were we tormented by you, and daily, daily, night and day, it was squeak, screech, screech,[2] for your sake. Now you shall feel our strength, and we will grind your flesh and make meal of your bodies." And the dogs upbraided the mannikins because they had not been fed, and tore the unhappy images with their teeth. And the cups and dishes said, "Pain and misery you gave us, smoking our tops and sides, cooking us over the fire burning and hurting us as if we had no feeling. Now it is your turn, and you shall burn." Then ran the mannikins hither and thither in despair. They climbed to the roofs of the houses, but the houses crumbled under their feet; they tried to mount to the tops of the trees, but the trees hurled them from them; they sought refuge in the caverns, but the caverns closed before them. Thus was accomplished the ruin of this race, destined to be overthrown. And it is said that their posterity are the little monkeys who live in the woods.
www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I think this ram may be infected as well..

What a jerk

edit on 13-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SexNinja

Yeah, I think there is a couple of them, but here is one being discussed currently here at ATS about an brain-eating amoeba in Louisiana water supply.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Because I'm such a sharing kind person I will share this delightful video. These spiders apparrently have no fear at all when they are attacking and two are dead already.

Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

HAHA, that was pretty funny.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Nettlas
reply to post by MDDoxs

HAHA, that was pretty funny.

I agree! Did you see at the end of the video, the goat was it hot pursuit. I would find that a bit unnerving

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It makes sense that it would start in animals. We've all seen 28 Days Later right? With the testing we do on animals I'm predicting that it's going to start something like that.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Yeah man, I have watched it 3 times now
gets funnier every time. Man, I would have been so afraid, but he seems to take it pretty well haha. Its funny to see how he runs away from his bike the first time he gets knocked off

Reminds me of when I was doin a vacation on a old moped. I put up my tent right next to a cow pen, with a seperated pen for the bull. Anyways, when I woke up and packed up my tent ready to go, the friggin bull must have jumped over the fence because he was standing in my way where I was driving away out to the road. It must have been mating season or something because he was very teritorial.

I ran back to where I had my tent and scaled some cliffs, and there I sat, for a good 2 hours before I had gathered enough curage to get on my moped and make as much noise as I could and just face him off. He just stood there watching me like wtf hes doing? But I was like 1 meter away from the beast when I was the closest. Never been so friggin scared in my life
But it was funny at the same time.

AAANYYways, enough derailing

edit on 13-9-2013 by Nettlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by InkontinentiaBouquet

Unfortunately it seems to be a hoax

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Flagged for "Angry Beavers"

Zombies... lol...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It is interesting that drug testing was mentioned in relation to this thread as Russia has a growing epidemic with a drug called "Krokodil" that causes people's flesh to rot off and kills them in just a few years of use.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Crazy stuff happening right now, maybe mother Earth has finally had enough?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I just watched Cujo last night. He was bitten by a bat.
Truth of the matter is, less than.... I believe 1% of all bats have rabies.
Which is the approximate percent of dogs who have it.
Dunno. I think it's coincidence, and movies perpetuating rabies as a zombie making disease is making everyone nuts about this.
Before the movie REC, no one ever said this. And now world war z resurrected it all.
I don't buy into it. When we get rabies, we die, not run around biting people.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

Hi PtolemyII,that's what I wonder about too-look at how miserable one feels when one has a bad flu or tonsilitis,eg-you want to just curl up on a bed in a dark room+basically be unconscious till the suffering is over.A man who died of rabies in my country years ago,was taken to the hospital by a neighbour,who said he had never seen anyone so miserably sick in all his life.The rabid guy managed in his state to still convey to his neighbour that he needed help,although he was simply suffering too much to do anything else,certainly not aggressive or able to do much of anything.
There may have been a very few cases where people suffering from rabies has displayed aggressive behavior or an aggressive reaction to some one or something but I don't think with conventional rabies,even if the majority of a nation had to be infected at once,that we'd see a 28days Later scenario.
Anyway there are so many violent people murdering others every day(the poor old 88yo Okinawa vet beaten to death in Spokane by 2 young thugs,sprang to mind instantly as just 1 example)-we basically already Have a 28 Days Later scenario but in slow motion+on smaller scale.

Humans don't Need a virus,weaponised or otherwise,to be demented maniacal killers.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

In my OP, I'm referring to all the bacteria and viruses that are popping up all over the world, rather than just rabies. Albeit, rabies are most likely the culprit in some of these animal attacks, such as the wolf biting the teenagers head, but not all.

new topics

top topics

join