It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[CLIMATE CHANGE] Physicists claim further evidence of link between cosmic rays and cloud formation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Since it was first proposed in 1996, there has been a lot of debate on whether solar activity could be linked to the formation of clouds. I was tested by a British research team in 2008 and was dismissed. Through computer models it was shown, that the aerosol particles created by cosmic rays, were not sufficient to create clouds. However, it has now, though actual experimentation been shown to be possible anyway.

A Danish group that has reproduced the Earth's atmosphere in the laboratory has shown how clouds might be seeded by incoming cosmic rays. The team believes that the research provides evidence that fluctuations in the cosmic-ray flux caused by changes in solar activity could play a role in climate change. Other climate researchers, however, remain sceptical of the link between cosmic rays and climate.

There is still a lot of debate on what the effects of this might be, and how much might be attributed to these effects. But it seems there has been some interesting development in this area of research.

Read the entire article here .
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Mads1987
Since it was first proposed in 1996, there has been a lot of debate on whether solar activity could be linked to the formation of clouds. I was tested by a British research team in 2008 and was dismissed. Through computer models it was shown, that the aerosol particles created by cosmic rays, were not sufficient to create clouds. However, it has now, though actual experimentation been shown to be possible anyway.

Hey now, don't forget, we humans are responsible for all of this happening! I myself farted enough last year to increase the methane levels in the atmosphere by .0000000000000000005791 % !!!!!!

- SN

new topics

join